Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089224 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3165 on: October 09, 2012, 09:24:52 pm »

It just depends on how organized people get. Take for example an attack on a bio lab the other day. The NC had about the same numbers as the TR, but were just spawning and rushing a point that the TR had dug into heavily. Me and a squad of around 5 or 6 others set up another sunderer right beside one of the teleporters on one of the outer bases and were able to keep grouping up and getting in and kept getting behind their lines taking out a bunch of em and almost took down their spawn gen before we got rushed by ~20 TR, but the majority of the NC were spawning at the "closer" sunderer that was right under the bio lab, and it took them several minutes to run down and then up the lift pads and then in through the air vehicle pad, which had a few dozen TR set up with engineer guns and maxs mowing everyone down as they trickled in two or three at a time.

Even after we kept saying over the region chat nobody would spawn at the farther away sunderer and come with us. After a bit the other sunderer got destroyed and suddenly everyone began spawning at our sunderer. About half of them apparently had no idea that the teleporter was right there beside the sunderer and ran in on foot (despite us yelling "Take the teleporter, it's right here!"), but the other half rushed in with us at the teleporter. During that few minutes that people were going in that way we managed to get in and take all three points and were about to get the spawn control down with steady reinforcements teleporting in constantly, when suddenly we started getting pushed back and I stopped getting spawn bonuses for my sunderer and it seemed like the NC presence up top just dried up almost instantly. When I finally died I found out what happened: someone deployed another sunderer "closer" under the dome again and everyone began spawning there instead, making us lose our foothold inside. They quickly pushed us back out and capped the three points back and the assault on the landing pad from the other route began again, with the TR quickly entrenching with engineer guns and mowing people down in 2s and 3s as they trickled in.

If we had been a bit more organized (there were a bunch of squads around, but ours seemed to be the only one even remotely organized, all the rest were just bum rushing in 2s and 3s and half of the squads in the area were split between that continent and Esamir with no organization at all) we could have easily taken that base.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: October 09, 2012, 09:51:24 pm »

Nobody's ever organized. It's better to flank the enemy with the elements that know what they're doing and open a path for the dumbass cannon fodder to push through. I've done that a couple of times, took a HA around back of the defenses and just poured bullets into the backs of the unaware defenders.

You'd think the NC would have the advantage, though, what with having the best close-quarters weapons in the game and best armor. Guess that doesn't matter much when you're charging face-first into crossed turret arcs and pre-sighted infiltrator scopes.
Nothing important here, move along.

Markus

• Bay Watcher
  • [Alignment:Lawful Bacon]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: October 09, 2012, 10:11:30 pm »

Just a quick question. The Black Ops, are they still in?

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: October 09, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »

So, I managed to somehow get a beta invite for this. I guess the semi-official B12 outfit is on US-WEST:Thebe?
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: October 10, 2012, 12:30:00 am »

So, I managed to somehow get a beta invite for this. I guess the semi-official B12 outfit is on US-WEST:Thebe?
Yeah. Nobody's really in yet, though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: October 10, 2012, 12:39:19 am »

How do I join it???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: October 10, 2012, 02:08:42 am »

I don't suppose we have an EU branch? I've been agonizing over my decision to go TR over the last two weeks or so and today I finally gave up and played NC again. And I like it. I do feel slightly dirty because of it, but I think I'll be sticking to the big boomsticks rather than the rapid fire peashooters.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3172 on: October 10, 2012, 02:14:10 am »

I hate to split up, but loads of people seem to be having problems with the US server. I haven't played there just yet. How laggy is it for us europeans?

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: October 10, 2012, 03:05:58 am »

I hate to split up, but loads of people seem to be having problems with the US server. I haven't played there just yet. How laggy is it for us europeans?
I haven't had any problems yet.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: October 10, 2012, 07:46:12 am »

Hehe, totally agreed with the bio lab thing. Its really weird. 9/10th of the people that play online shooters will never use any chat functions. Its as if its not there for them. Its really, REALLY weird. I personally talk alot (and probably too much).

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: October 10, 2012, 10:05:23 am »

How do I join it???
I've got to get online at the same time as some other people. Then I can pass invitation privileges on to them as well.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: October 10, 2012, 10:23:56 am »

I'm on, name is Miauw.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: October 10, 2012, 11:52:05 am »

Still on? I got 'player not found'. NC on Thebe, right?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: October 10, 2012, 11:53:48 am »

Sorry, went off. I'll come back on. Ended the task in task manager because it wouldnt let me take a B12 break without horrible lag.
E: on.

E: Are you on ATM? Whats your name, i could send you a whisper.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 12:33:04 pm by miauw62 »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: October 10, 2012, 12:38:29 pm »

Miauw and Ukelele are in and able to recruit.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 826