Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089456 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3195 on: October 11, 2012, 04:08:01 am »

Yeah, the magrider's ability is to put on a very large burst of speed, up to around 100 kph when I used it with no certs into it, which also lifts them off the ground a bit more so they can clear ridges easier. Also tank armor is thickest in front, remember. If you are shot in the rear you blow up way way faster.

The Vanguard's ability is to shield itself. It's great for driving to put cover between yourself and the enemy, or for when you need to turn when a magrider zooms past you. Remember Magriders don't have a turret; the whole tank is basically the turret as it's floating. That means if it's shooting you they have their best armor forward.

Magriders can also side-strafe with their best armor forward. When you drive one it takes a second to get used to it but it's a fairly nice design. The keys a and d strafe you sideways instead of operate a left or right track. It's a bit clunky to turn as it's limited to mouse movement but with a bit of practice it seems alright.

Also all the main battle tanks can unlock AP (Armor piercing) rounds which might explain your tank's combustibility. The downside is that it loses the High Explosive aspect of the default HEAT round' which means you are a bit less versatile. Once we are a few months in past release though and you've unlocked the anti-infantry secondary gun it probably won't be as much an issue though. That said I don't know if that anti-infantry secondary gun is any good as I haven't tried it yet so don't take my word for it as of now.

Also for blowing up infantry you'd want the HE cannon. That would most likely give you the one shot you desire if you land it square, though all the infantry classes seemingly can unlock FLAK armor which would less the accuracy of that statement a bit. HEAT is more for versatility which is good if you have some support.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 04:18:08 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #3196 on: October 11, 2012, 05:40:05 am »

Looks like I'll definitely have to try the US server and get on Bay12 outfit. Is it OK to use the TS server someone posted earlier for our usage?

So everything is going to be reset once the game starts? I've been hoarding certs and resources for no particular reason. I usually get very confused with the unlocking interfaces on F2P games, but there's no reason for me not to buy stuff randomly then, right?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2012, 09:57:22 am by Anvilfolk »

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #3197 on: October 11, 2012, 06:06:29 am »

Yes, there is no point to hoarding at this point in time, there will be several more character wipes before the release.

Cert costs for everything are really bugged right now, 2 certs for C4 as a medic but 30-40 as an engineer. I would be surprised if the scout radar on flashes and ESF's was particularly cheap as the week we all had it kind of made it impossible for infantry to launch sneak attacks as there were flashes parked everywhere.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: October 11, 2012, 10:08:49 am »

I only play medic. I cant kill shit so i'm at least usefull in a different way. And i wish cert costs would go down. Or cert gains would go up.
A bit like this:

1 cert/hour while offline
2 or 3 certs/hour while online

1 cert for every 10 enemies killed
-1 cert for every 5 enemies killed
1 cert per facility capped/defended.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: October 11, 2012, 11:38:36 am »

You'be got to realize that this is an mmo. They need goals for everyone to achieve for years. Otherwsie they are going to lose players. It's better to keep playing this game while trying to get that new upgrade then getting everything in a few months and leaving because you realize there is nothing more to accomplish.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: October 11, 2012, 02:00:03 pm »

God, that was awesome. I was camping on a hill today at the TR warpgate at esamir. Pure gold. We were just fucking around and landing a plane on another flying plane. It actually worked, and then somebody else pushed it off.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: October 11, 2012, 02:29:34 pm »

I'm going on for a bit.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Tylui

• Bay Watcher
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: October 11, 2012, 02:41:52 pm »

I wish there'd be some form of meta game to it. Like if the bases you held not only gave each player resources, but if some of them went to an empire's coffers. They could be spent on daily boosts, or spent on accepting orbital strike requests. All of this would be handled by those with the highest of command ranks.

Also I kinda think command experience should be separate. As the leader of squads or platoons that get things done, I get command experience... I'm better at Risk than Counter Strike, and it would be neat to have PlanetSide take advantage of players like us.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: October 11, 2012, 03:51:04 pm »

That would be cool, but it would probably take a small fortune of re-coding.
Nothing important here, move along.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: October 12, 2012, 12:19:30 am »

Tried the Dalton gun for the Liberator- it's the exact same gun that's on the Vanguard. So it hits good, but unfortunately it also has the same bullet drop. I'll be flying it around Indar some time if people want to try it though.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: October 12, 2012, 08:59:50 am »

I wish there'd be some form of meta game to it. Like if the bases you held not only gave each player resources, but if some of them went to an empire's coffers. They could be spent on daily boosts, or spent on accepting orbital strike requests. All of this would be handled by those with the highest of command ranks.

I wish facilities gave specific abilities to the empire. Say for example that you capture a kill sat control station (nevermind that it doesn't exist in the game). That gives you control over the kill sat, allowing you to execute orbital strikes. Extra points if you actually have to go there an order the strike by operating a computer console. But if you don't have control of that facility, then you can't do that regardless of how much cash you have. Currently it's all about resource flow, the facilities are completely interchangeable. Lost one? No biggie, just capture something else. Losing an amp station or a tech plant should have a more interesting effect than just decreasing a number. Who gives a shit, it's just a number.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: October 12, 2012, 09:04:26 am »

So, I need to pick up a mic still for this game (and get my net working at home, but that's another story). I already own a good pair of headphones (Boss) so I don't want a full headset, but at the same time my desk is already cluttered, so I don't really want a mic that sits on my desk. Is there any other options out there, or am I going to have to suck it up and get a stand mic for my desk?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: October 12, 2012, 09:20:30 am »

I can't play Medic or Engi...
When I try to heal it never activates and repair is much the same...
I can only equate to that of Lag, as in, the target has Moved from when I started attempting the heal/repair...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: October 12, 2012, 09:43:27 am »

Yeah, medic healing is buggy.

I agree with the meta part. That would be nice. Tech stations should slightly increase cert gain. Cant think of anything for biolabs or amp stations tough. Except for a reduced vehicle cooldown for amp stations?

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: October 12, 2012, 10:17:56 am »

Yeah, medic healing is buggy.

I agree with the meta part. That would be nice. Tech stations should slightly increase cert gain. Cant think of anything for biolabs or amp stations tough. Except for a reduced vehicle cooldown for amp stations?

Reduced spawn time for biolabs would make sense.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 826