Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089334 times)

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
Re: Planetside 2: In beta MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #3645 on: October 30, 2012, 10:22:36 pm »

The AA rocket launcher, on the other hand, IS a sniper substitute. Counter-sniping infiltrators as a heavy is pretty hilarious. Very limited ammo capacity, but 1 shot kills any infantry.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: October 30, 2012, 10:32:42 pm »

Used correctly, all the rocket launchers are a sniper substitute, and you get more cred for aiming an arc shot well.

I presume that I'm either missing something obvious or I'm not worth responding to for some reason, because either nobody has told me if the AA rocket does damage through its entire flight or if it can only cause damage within a limited range, or I have somehow missed the person that did.
Nothing important here, move along.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: October 30, 2012, 10:37:41 pm »

I'm think it eventually just disappears. I notice if planes fly too far it never hits them even when locked on, and I've seen it not hit stuff that it looked like I was aiming directly at, but I'm not 100% certain (which is why I never responded to you, hehe). If it does drop off, the range is pretty long.

Spawning on top of a bio lab while defending is awesome. Me and an engineer spawned up there and he was dropping ammo and using his turret on people below while I took out scythes with my AA rockets and occasionally helped him mow down infantry with my LMG.

I picked up the 240 point LMG and the soft point ammo for it. It doesn't have the reflex scope attachments (3.4x, 4x, 6x, on a freaking LMG? no 2x or reflex sight? meh.), which sucks, so I'm still using the basic scope, but it's pretty impressive as far as damage is concerned. Fires faster than the SAW with more damage thanks to the softpoint rounds. The only downside is it has half the magazine, so it runs out a lot faster (Especially since it fires faster) - but being able to turn on your shield then run in and mow down 3 or 4 people and survive with most of your health is awesome.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 11:08:04 pm by Paul »
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: October 30, 2012, 11:22:45 pm »

Used correctly, all the rocket launchers are a sniper substitute, and you get more cred for aiming an arc shot well.

I presume that I'm either missing something obvious or I'm not worth responding to for some reason, because either nobody has told me if the AA rocket does damage through its entire flight or if it can only cause damage within a limited range, or I have somehow missed the person that did.
I'd tell you but I only have the SKEP, so can't really help out there. I'm curious to know as well, though.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: October 30, 2012, 11:25:33 pm »

I think it's kinda stupid that the SKEP stops doing damage after a certain point even though the projectile's still there.

I also think it's kinda stupid that I can't use soft-point ammunition in my LMG anymore, but I guess I have to settle for it.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: October 31, 2012, 03:03:33 am »

New error when starting up:

Game Error G4
Malfunction:
gameError.defaultMessage

I think it needs work.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: October 31, 2012, 10:40:47 am »

Man, I'll try to get back in once my internet stops being complete crap.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: October 31, 2012, 12:36:52 pm »

A funny idea just popped into my mind.
What if Tamriel was a PS2 continent?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: October 31, 2012, 02:55:46 pm »

Hmmmm. TR and VS seem to be a lot harder to kill and kill alot more so these days. Since the last Patch anyway...

Mayhaps some TR/VS complained and cried enough that they were buffed or that NC were Nerfed...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: October 31, 2012, 04:50:52 pm »

Seems about the same to me.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: October 31, 2012, 05:04:12 pm »

Seems about the same to me.
I know what you mean but at the same time, it feels that they are just hitting a lot harder...
Ah well, in 6-10 days I will have my New Motherboard/Processor so we will see how we go when I am not playing with 15fps...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: October 31, 2012, 05:23:16 pm »

Regarding the question about the AA misile, i can only give you my point of view as a pilot and it is that as long as you dont fire flares OR fly low to make the misile collide with something it will hit you no matter how far you run.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: October 31, 2012, 05:40:08 pm »

so, for such a CPU bound game I think my GPU (integrated intel one) is the part that is causing a bottleneck, get about 20 FPS after fidling with some settings in the setting file.  Has the words GPU beside the framerate if this affects anything. 

Do the heavy assault come with a rocket launcher unlocked by default, or do you have to buy it with certs? Havn't checked and am not at a location that I can.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: October 31, 2012, 05:44:14 pm »

They have a dumbfire rocket launcher with a mild arc by default. The other two cost 96 certs each last I checked. The AT rocket launcher used to be pretty nice, but they appear to have decreased its viability quite a bit. The AA rocket launcher is apparently pretty damn good.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: October 31, 2012, 06:30:50 pm »

You still see a lot of people using the AT one (or at least a lot of TR and VS, I'm constantly getting the locked on rockets fired at me in a vanguard).

They'd probably be pretty nice for taking out magriders at a distance, since good magrider drivers tend to strafe and avoid any rockets fired at them unless they aren't paying attention. Prowlers usually don't have the maneuverability to dodge the rockets unless you're really far away.

I'm finding the AA one pretty good at taking out tanks too though. It doesn't lock on, but fires fast and straight enough that I can usually peg them as long as I'm reasonably close. And I generally run right up near a tank when I'm shooting it, so that's not a problem. At one point earlier today I chased a magrider around on foot pegging it repeatedly with rockets and using my nanite shield to absorb most of its shots. It kept firing and hitting me and firing and hitting me but missed enough in between that I got my shield to regen and was able to keep the resist shield up every time he hit me. I got one in its back when it tried to run me over, but the rest I had to put in its front armor since it was strafing around me. Took 5 rockets to kill it.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 826