Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089473 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4245 on: November 24, 2012, 04:05:36 am »

Update on the Aussie server: NC is dominating, VS is derping around, and Esamir is never going to be conquered >_>
I am going to be working on that tonight mate...

To ALL AU Server Briggs - NC. After Midnight(Eastcoast) tonight saturday. I AUSGrizzly02 will be making a move to finally capture Esamir. I you are able to be on at this time keep a look out for my Plattoon in the squad lists as I will always be trying to make space and capture Esamir...

I hav led platoons to victory in both Indar and Aremish and we were there at the final capture each time...

If you are VS or TR. I will be seeing you. Down my scope or splattered from my Grinders...
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 04:10:56 am by Neyvn »
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Soon to be released MMOFPS. 2000 players/server. More updates!
« Reply #4246 on: November 24, 2012, 04:09:53 am »

I just picked this up today at the insistence of my friends. I spent the first few hours dying a lot while figuring out what to do. Wasn't particularly fun at that point.

I saw someone driving some kind of grenade-launching tank around and being crazy and I thought. "I wanna drive a grenade-launching tank!" So I figure out how to get the tank, drive it out. Consulted the map. Drove towards the purply bits. Then when I got there I saw what seemed to be the entire server engaging around a gigantic purple fortress. If it isn't obvious I still have not much clue about the game.

So I drive around being silly, watching as big blue balls fly past my armour in what I think was attempts to either kill me or heal me. Not sure. I happened upon a few dozen of my allies entrenched behind a few buildings trying to push forward into another purply part.  So I drive in the direction they're shooting at, turn a sharp corner, barrel past a horde of purple, and smack into the giant purple fortress wall. Apparently I also smashed straight through a few purple dudes as well. I turn around, and see everyone turning to face me.

So I let loose with the grenade launcher. I went from level 2 straight to level 4 in 2 seconds. It was hilarious. I actually somehow managed to even up my kill/death ratio in 2 seconds. It also apparently gave my team a huge morale boost as I saw the few dozen guys hiding behind the walls charge out of the smoke and debris and mop up all the guys left standing. We then took the fortress and I'm still not too sure what exactly I did hahaha.

Then I checked if I could unlock anything and all I earned was a measly 21 certs. Derp.
WIN PURE WIN...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4247 on: November 24, 2012, 04:20:00 am »

I Dont think it got much of a buff, i shot 6 times almost point blank on the general proximity of 2 soldiers not killing any of them, not even near the power of a hand granade.
A note on this...

The Lightnings Autocannon(default) requires you to actually hit the target to hurt them. But if you save up for the HE Cannon it has a great AoE on it. But is weaker against other armour...

Also I am sorry about these double posts and shit. My mobile isnt letting me insert quotes correctly...

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4248 on: November 24, 2012, 05:01:32 am »

Is it me or does the TR and NC always choose to attack the VS before each other?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4249 on: November 24, 2012, 06:39:09 am »

Is it me or does the TR and NC always choose to attack the VS before each other?
Maybe just your server as the TR and VS always seem to attack NC before each other in my experience. Could just be how it always seems?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4250 on: November 24, 2012, 07:19:56 am »

From what I've seen on Esamir, the VS often stupidly drive a wedge between the TR and the NC before they have significant control.  This kinda forces the TR and NC to focus on the VS for lack of other options.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4251 on: November 24, 2012, 08:18:53 am »

Question: How do you make it possible for a sunderer to act as a spawn?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #4252 on: November 24, 2012, 08:27:31 am »

Question: How do you make it possible for a sunderer to act as a spawn?

Go to the certs menu -> select sunderer -> select utility slot -> select the ams item(Can't recall it's actual name right now). It costs 50 certs. Once you have done this go to vehicle loadouts -> select sunderer -> select utility slot -> select the ams.

I haven't had the certs yet to get it but I found in the latter part of beta that the vehicle reload in the defence slot is pretty effective at helping keep an armoured push going. Unfortunetly the deploy limit now means you cant park two sundies next to each other and have them resupply each other providing a firebase with infinite ammo.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 08:31:50 am by Metalax »
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4253 on: November 24, 2012, 09:29:47 am »

Deploy limit?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4254 on: November 24, 2012, 10:07:54 am »

We were attacking a far northern Esamir outpost held by the NC. I drop podded in ontop of my squad leader. In the few seconds I had as I fell, I noticed they were held behind a hill by an NC vanguard. I landed my drop pod on top of the vanguard, set it on fire, switched to my rocket, put the final shot into it just as I jumped from the top of it. And then switched back to my gun to kill a straggler that had been outside of the tank, either repairing or simply with enough sense to bail.

Unfortunately my squad leader turned out to be a fickle little chump who couldn't decide where he wanted to fight, so we lost that push, and one more before I finally gave up on the third drop pod deployment I had to use to follow him. Still, I know I'm not going to top that today. Even aside from that awesomeness, it was just a generally good session for me.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4255 on: November 24, 2012, 10:29:09 am »

Oh. My. God.

just had the best life ever. deployed to a sunderer as an infiltrator on one side of a valley on esamir. I moved east a ways to snipe at enemies on the other side of the valley. The battle shifts around a bit and people start coming across a bridge into the valley actual. Then the NC gets pushed back, and I'm the only one left in the area from NC.

So I'm sitting there, perched on one side of the valley whilst another enemy team is pushing up the other side, taking the occasional headshot when people stand still (and when i can figure out the range drop). Then a few minutes later I start hearing 'Enemy X spotted' spam. From behind me. The other team had pulled up on my side of the valley, where NC was originally.

I survived ridiculously long, considering I was seen a few times, getting kills on players each side of the valley.

I wish there was an after-death report to see how many kills i got...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4256 on: November 24, 2012, 12:03:40 pm »

Ok so.... AU Briggs Server...

My stutter came up and I lost control of the Platoon I was leading...

I find it INCREDIBLY Difficult to push back all the VS who don't know how to change maps...

TR has gone out in force in Indar and are 80% in control....

Welp. I lost in a FUN way before Server Shutdown for a restart...
Time to fix that problem and take Esamir before Indar is lost. So want to make a Hat Trick on Land Control...

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4257 on: November 24, 2012, 01:57:11 pm »

What was the IP and port for Higby's Heroes mumble again?

E:

~~How to kick infiltrator ass, by Miauw.~~

First, you will need to find a suitable location. An amp station your faction is attacking, for example! (This probably only works on amp stations.)
Now, you must make sure you can use DROPPODS to get to this base! Not too hard, eh?
After you have picked a location, click deploy. You will now be sent on a magical journey trough space and time and end up above the amp station.
Make sure to land in an unnoticed spot and ON TOP of the amp station! Else you will spoil the surprise!
Start running around the roof of the amp station, spotting and headshotting any infiltrators lucky enough to be sniping there!
Enjoy your certs and lulz!

~~ The End ~~

((Yes, i litteraly just did this. It was glorious.))
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 02:19:25 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4258 on: November 24, 2012, 03:32:50 pm »

Which server are we going to have the DF outfit again?
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.
Pages: 1 ... 282 283 [284] 285 286 ... 826