Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1084943 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Yep. The default Sundie turrets are mediocre at everything, including AA. Incidentally, if anyone hasn't unlocked the mobile spawnpoint cert for it, do so. I was making something like 0.33-0.5 certs/minute just from having my Sundie deployed close to the target of a zerg, which adds up more than it initially sounds like, considering that the only effort I made was pulling it and deploying it. It's free exp for a relatively low amount of certs and a minute or two of driving.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you didn't see, apparently Total Biscuit is the leader of the TR, officially endorsed by Planetside 2. The other factions have leaders that I've not heard of. This development puzzles me.
You have never heard of Seananners???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkSwResL4j4
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

its like 250 xp for 1 cert isnt it? That means 125 players need to spawn on it before you get 1 cert.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep. The default Sundie turrets are mediocre at everything, including AA. Incidentally, if anyone hasn't unlocked the mobile spawnpoint cert for it, do so. I was making something like 0.33-0.5 certs/minute just from having my Sundie deployed close to the target of a zerg, which adds up more than it initially sounds like, considering that the only effort I made was pulling it and deploying it. It's free exp for a relatively low amount of certs and a minute or two of driving.

Oh so that's why some idiot always parks a sundy under the biolab dome rather than next to one of the anti-gravity elevators. To get people to spawn in it and get certs, regardless of the fact that it actually does harm to assault when people spawn there. Y'know, because it's the closest to the dome in which they died but not necessarily the closest to the actual entry point into the dome. Sneaky.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To be fair, the anti-grav elevators are mostly useless unless you already have control over a sizeable chunk of the bio lab. They give the defenders a good second or two of potshot time before you land, and even then you're a distance from any useful cover.

You want to attack a biolab, you use one of the teleport facilities. Sure, the spawn room doors are easily camped, but it's still a lot safer than doing the lemming leap into a half-dozen MANA turrets.  :)

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

Hey, Redoktober, if someone can invite me to the outfit.
I need to put something interesting here.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you didn't see, apparently Total Biscuit is the leader of the TR, officially endorsed by Planetside 2. The other factions have leaders that I've not heard of. This development puzzles me.
Nope. Assumed he did gaming videos like Total Biscuit. I think I've heard the name of the VS guy, but never seen any videos. I don't watch much of that stuff, I guess.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Oh so that's why some idiot always parks a sundy under the biolab dome rather than next to one of the anti-gravity elevators. To get people to spawn in it and get certs, regardless of the fact that it actually does harm to assault when people spawn there. Y'know, because it's the closest to the dome in which they died but not necessarily the closest to the actual entry point into the dome. Sneaky.

Actually, I very rarely see that happen in biolabs. Because most people are bright enough to realize that a Sundie under the lab will leave them facing a long run to get to the battle, and conversely most people realize that they'll get more spawns on a Sundie parked next to one of the teleporter rooms.

Incidentally, a suggestion which might help balance air would be to change flares so that they can only be rearmed by returning to a landing pad.

3. Run Resize Enable

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nope. Assumed he did gaming videos like Total Biscuit. I think I've heard the name of the VS guy, but never seen any videos. I don't watch much of that stuff, I guess.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKrtbUinWOU
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

Damn it, now I'm torn. I love playing VS, but I hate Seananners for attracting so many morons to TTT.

3. Run Resize Enable

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

I'd still like to be invited if there's any B12 in an outfit for the VS on Waterson.  Send to character "PentaGrand".
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn it, now I'm torn. I love playing VS, but I hate Seananners for attracting so many morons to TTT.
HUH???
VS is Tobuscus.................

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

HUH???
VS is Tobuscus.................
My mistake, I misinterpreted an earlier post.

On another note, I think I've found my calling (other than piloting ESF, that is). I picked up the VS bolt-action sniper rifle that was on sale a day or two ago (But it's not really bolt-action! There's no bolt; the only action your character performs to prep for the next shot is spinning the battery! There's no round to be chambered. Don't call things what they aren't, SOE. :V) and happened to decided to snipe during a large 3-way battle over a tech plant. It took me a few minutes to learn it, but once I did it was immensely satisfying and quite rewarding in terms of certs as well. :3

3. Run Resize Enable

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

G2A is largely playing a deterrent. Me and a squaddy went burster-MAX and cleared the skies of 3 libs and a few reavers, not by killing them, just damaging them enough to make them nervous and leave. Which was enough to let the main zerg proceed (3 libs vs zerg == dead zerg). They came back with tanks, and we eventually lost, but the point remains that G2A has its use, even if it doesn't gain you certs.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

G2A is largely playing a deterrent. Me and a squaddy went burster-MAX and cleared the skies of 3 libs and a few reavers, not by killing them, just damaging them enough to make them nervous and leave. Which was enough to let the main zerg proceed (3 libs vs zerg == dead zerg). They came back with tanks, and we eventually lost, but the point remains that G2A has its use, even if it doesn't gain you certs.

My main complaint with the game remains that doing anything that's actually useful isn't rewarded very much.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 826