Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089299 times)

GreatJustice

• Bay Watcher
  • ☭The adventure continues (refresh)☭
    • View Profile

Once again I saw stupidity work out, was on Waterson playing as TR and we were trying to hold the Crown while it was surrounded, around ten magriders on the ridge across from us and what do my faction members do? they grab eight galaxies and ram them into the magriders >.> I'm not even sure they managed to damage any of them, but I can say for sure it actually turned out well. In the time it took the debris o clear so the gunners could see we managed to charge up most of the hill and ended up pushing em back :P

I guess idiocy actually works sometimes.

Galaxies are surprisingly effective in kamikaze attacks, since IIRC the game only checks to see how big the rammer is to see who explodes first. I recall one Galaxy pilot flew a gang of us deep into TR lines on Amerish when we suddenly came across a very surprised group of Mosquitos and Libs. Without missing a beat, he led them on a merry chase through the mountains, rammed them with his Galaxy, and had basically cleared them out on his own while we secured the point.
The person supporting regenerating health, when asked why you can see when shot in the eye justified it as 'you put on an eyepatch'. When asked what happens when you are then shot in the other eye, he said that you put an eyepatch on that eye. When asked how you'd be able to see, he said that your first eye would have healed by then.

Professional Bridge Toll Collector?

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

I think there was a quote somewhere that went something like this. "Though I pass through the valley of death, I have no fear, for I am driving a house sized mass of fuck you."
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

I think there was a quote somewhere that went something like this. "Though I pass through the valley of death, I have no fear, for I am driving a house sized mass of fuck you."

That's hilarious.

Although the tanks are not really house-sized.

I need to put something interesting here.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile

It is still very big, and full of hot firey fuck you.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile

It is still very big, and full of hot firey fuck you.

Pretty much, I suppose.

Except the Magmower, it's too busy fucking it's vanu buddies over to mess with the TR and NC.
Splat.
I need to put something interesting here.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

So, Nev, how do you actually run your platoons? Me and some other B12ers could set one up on Mattherson or Miller.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I love flying A2A so much, especially when I'm chasing or being chased by another good pilot. I had a dogfight with some NC ESF pilot on Mattherson earlier, and we spent probably two or three minutes weaving around the legs and skimming the dome of a Biolab while the NC Maxes tried to shoot me down, and it only ended when he finally nicked a wing on some bit of building and slammed into the side of the lab. About a second later I pancaked into the side of one of the landing platforms. :))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile

Let it be known that bridges are fucking dangerous. I've lost two lightnings from merely colliding with the chesthigh walls at the ends. Nudge those deathtraps and kaboom. Poof, the magic Lightning.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, Nev, how do you actually run your platoons? Me and some other B12ers could set one up on Mattherson or Miller.

I don't think I've even seen another B12er on Matherson besides LeviToon (I think).
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Right so after you have started a Squad. That is at least 2 people. A new bar appears. "Invite to Platoon." Just type in the name of a friend that you want to invite to the platoon and they get put into bravo. After that you can put people into Alpha, Bravo, Charlie and Delta. BUT if you take people all out of B,C and D the platoon will shut down...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

* Flying Dice sighs.

I swear, I lose fewer fighters to enemy fire than I do to idiot teammates who, with the whole sky to fly in, manage to hit my stationary Scythe. I really wish I was joking, but this afternoon/evening I lost 5 ESFs to teammates colliding with me (one of which was partially my fault, as I cut in during a pursuit of a TR Lib), 1 to friendly AA, and 3 to enemy AA/ESFs. -_-'

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Friendly fire sucks. You *can* hear voice-macro's when dead, though, so make sure to hit v-8 while standing on the body of the teammate you just killed.

Kill me twice without a sorry and I will hunt you down and kill you.

In other news, current OP weapon is the tank mine. Finally I can solo instagib sundies. They cost a fair bit, and only work on vehicles, but the engy can carry three for 300 certs, and that is enough to kill any land-based vehicle. So now I am solo-zerg-managing. I set up sundies in good locations, then start hunting for enemy sundies and leave the primary objectives to the others. This tactic works surprisingly well, as closer spawn == more zerg and currently even good, organised squads cannot hold off zergs for very long.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In other news, current OP weapon is the tank mine. Finally I can solo instagib sundies. They cost a fair bit, and only work on vehicles, but the engy can carry three for 300 certs, and that is enough to kill any land-based vehicle. So now I am solo-zerg-managing. I set up sundies in good locations, then start hunting for enemy sundies and leave the primary objectives to the others. This tactic works surprisingly well, as closer spawn == more zerg and currently even good, organised squads cannot hold off zergs for very long.

3 may be a bit overkill, as I find 2 tank mines takes out anything. Their advantage is that they're slightly cheaper than C4 and don't require pulling the trigger (which can be a problem when you're dead) but are less versatile. I'm starting to try out the vehicle grenades and they're unfortunately pretty meh at this point, although further testing is required. Today I had to defend the Amerish AMX Reserve by myself and managed to blow up two magriders with C4 + Grenade + 1 Rocket, so I guess it's decent. MAX units also die rather easily and don't require getting close or tricking them.

I'm not sure what happened to the existing outfit on Matherson but today Duuvian and I started a new one. Just PM GlowcatNC or Duuvian if you want an invite.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

deploy: see enemy plane, aim for it instead of landing, die when I hit it but get a kill or assist.  I like doing this. 

I am not very good, so medic seem to be the best cert-gainer for me right now.

I can fly plains fairly well, until I inevitably run into something...  I almost die in a liberator, only to have it somehow survive and slide down a hill, I then fly it into a tree.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile

Once I am able to actually play this game, because at the moment I get lagpocalypse at best on all lows, I'm planning to be yet another NC Paratrooper.

Paratroopers - Light Assaults who fly planes and DEATH FROM ABOVE on everything.
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 826