Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089688 times)

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile

2 tank mines kill a lightning, sunderers, and tanks I think without any mineguards.

They're hillarious good fun to bomb deployed sunderers, you usually get a few collateral kills too.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Three kills anything, and apparently even two can (haven't tested this).

The only time 2 mines didn't do it for me was against a prowler, and I don't know if the guy had mine guard or not. Sundies on the other hand definitely go boom in two, so that shaves 75 Infantry-bucks off your cost anyway.
Totally a weretrain. Very much trains!
I'm going to steamroll this house.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Btw, i crashed. I'm updating my drivers now to see if that helps.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I think we're reached the point where enough people have G2A for air to be properly balanced. I hardly ever see swarms of aircraft any more, because the first thing that happens when they show up is that a dozen people pull burster Maxes and clear the skies.

I'm not sure if anti-tank mines linger after death, but I'm nearly certain that the anti-personnel ones do, unless they just stay for a few seconds.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Ivefan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

AT mines:
You can deploy as many as you can carry, 2-5 i think.
2 is enough to destroy anything that does not have mineguard.
They persist until you change class or log.

I had an annoying glitch/bug/something today. was playing as a 2xFalcon max defending from the shields under the biolabs and the server didn't register half my shots while my client still thought it was shooting.
This basically made my shots do no damage and it reduced my max ammo every time it happened.
Anyone else got this?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I was platooning with 252V i think it is, and one of the guys said he had zero health, but was still alive... that made him practically invulnerable until he ate two tank shells to the head :p

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile

Tank shells: apply directly to the forehead.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

bluejello

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have seen that no HP thing before, happens to me somewhat regularly but don't know what the cause is.  I die just as fast with no HP as I do with full HP it seems.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had it a few times, it's just seemed like a display issue however.

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it's just a display bug. Kinda like how you can get the RESTRICTED AREA WARNING flashing on your screen despite leaving it.

Anyhow. Anybody know of a good server to play TR? I started one on Waterson before discovering that they grossly overpopulated the other factions due to TotalBiscuit's presence so I'm sorta looking for another pool to test them in. Been playing more of the Vanu lately on Connery and it's incredible how much better their stuff is compared to the NC's which can be downright frustrating to use at times. e.g. a Scythe turns on a dime whereas my Lv.2 Dogfighting Reaver needs a lot of space just to make a decent turn (which tends to get you killed in dogfights). The amount of kills I got also took a surprising jump. A lot of it is probably because positioning/mobility is king atm and those are the Vanus' strengths but it really does feel as though there's a stark contrast between the two factions whenever I switch.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile

I get the no health display bug more often than my health displays properly, but it's no big deal as it goes away as soon as I take health damage.

Yeah, it's just a display bug. Kinda like how you can get the RESTRICTED AREA WARNING flashing on your screen despite leaving it.

Anyhow. Anybody know of a good server to play TR? I started one on Waterson before discovering that they grossly overpopulated the other factions due to TotalBiscuit's presence so I'm sorta looking for another pool to test them in. Been playing more of the Vanu lately on Connery and it's incredible how much better their stuff is compared to the NC's which can be downright frustrating to use at times. e.g. a Scythe turns on a dime whereas my Lv.2 Dogfighting Reaver needs a lot of space just to make a decent turn (which tends to get you killed in dogfights). The amount of kills I got also took a surprising jump. A lot of it is probably because positioning/mobility is king atm and those are the Vanus' strengths but it really does feel as though there's a stark contrast between the two factions whenever I switch.

Mattherson's got a pretty even balance all the time; it's never more than a ~7% population difference between the largest and smallest of the day. But yeah, I've pretty much given up on my NC character in favor of VS, because mobility and accuracy is what I'm all about.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Glowcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can't be Matherson as that's where I'm NC  :P

Snow Gibbon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

On the topic of Spider-Riders: ANYTHING with the speed booster enhancement gains insane amounts of engine power when used. I have gotten on top of Scarred Rock Mesa on a Flash using this.

Microcline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaking of which, Allatum Biolab. On Mattherson it has been a constant zerg for the past couple days not least because half the people there are medics farming revives in the teleporter rooms (aka being absolutely useless). When we get organized and grab a ton of territory to force the defenders out, it still doesn't get taken because most of the people who stayed behind were those same gorram useless medics.

What a coincidence! :D  My outfit was the one farming you guys at the Allatamo.  I don't think it was the medic's fault though.  We had MAX/medic/engie groups holding all of the entrances, so not even MAX crashes made it through.  Biolabs are pretty much the new tech plants.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile

Yeah, biolabs are always either a cakewalk or impossible. I have never taken allatum.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 826