Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many outfits are we going to have (in the name of Science)?

1: NC
2: NC and TR
3: NC, TR and Vanu

Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 826

Author Topic: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.  (Read 1089259 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Planetside 2: Free-to-Play MMOFPS. 2000 players/server.
« Reply #8205 on: August 02, 2013, 02:28:14 pm »

T_T
I HATE THE NC ON BRIGGS
We had 44% of the Pop on Esamir Alert, nearly double both TR and VS at most times, yet no one ever pushed execpt the squad I lead and if the NC DID PUSH it was all to one point where there was 1-12 Enemy there, WTF BRIGS NC!!! WTF
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: August 08, 2013, 03:54:42 pm »

An important video to watch.

The TL:DW version;

Your location on anyone else's screen (remembering that hit detection is based on their client) is always going to be delayed about 0.2s or so behind your current location on your own screen. Taking advantage of this is one of the best ways to get an edge in fights. Especially remember that the player breaking cover will still appear behind that cover for a few moments, even as they already have eyes on their target. This gives a huge advantage to attacking players in most situations.

I'd say it's also something you should consider if defending. Making sure you have a position where you can't be taken down by someone immediately breaching a room - even with the advantage - is critical. That means your TTK on anyone who might pop in for a visit needs to be >0.2s less than their potential TTK. But remember you can swing the advantage back your way by using cover intelligently.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: August 09, 2013, 09:26:49 pm »

I'd like my outfit better if I could understand a word they were saying. There's one frequent platoon leader who gives lengthy orders that are almost entirely incomprehensible. I used to be able to understand him, and everybody else seems to understand him, so I'm wondering if it's a problem on my end somehow.

Also, somebody said you run faster while carrying a pistol, explaining that it was related to weapon weight. Can anyone confirm that? I've never noticed a difference in running speed based on what weapon I'm carrying.

Also, I've been certing out the ammo pack. I think the vastly increased amount of resupply pings deceives you into thinking that the certs are worth it. Plus, there's a cap on how much xp you can rake in over a certain period of time. I reached it once today. It was very unsatisfying.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8208 on: August 09, 2013, 11:41:25 pm »

Running with a pistol makes you feel like you're running faster...but you don't actually run faster.

Considering that supposedly all the weapons you're carrying are "on" you somewhere, weapon weight wouldn't matter.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8209 on: August 10, 2013, 04:28:29 am »

Also, I've been certing out the ammo pack. I think the vastly increased amount of resupply pings deceives you into thinking that the certs are worth it. Plus, there's a cap on how much xp you can rake in over a certain period of time. I reached it once today. It was very unsatisfying.
Yep, there is. Reached it with my sundy a few times. Understandable, but it sucks.

I'm sitting on 1000 certs, not knowing what to spend them on this time. Harasserpimpin? Skyguard? Medigun+MediC4? Infil SMG? Argh, the choices!

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8210 on: August 10, 2013, 05:21:48 am »

TAR on the medic is a very nice run and gun gun, especially as its the only rifle you can stick an adv laser sight on (for TR - don't know if the smurfs and barnies have an equivilent CQB gun)

C4 is good on the medic in case of MAXes pushing your squad as you can freely C4 them as you can rez the bits of your squadmates

Skyguard is pretty useful, you won't kill many fighters except the really dumb ones that don't jet off or jink like a spastic break dancing, but it does scare them off.
Am I the only one that, on the ground, gets more annoyed at the sight of esfs than the designated air-to-ground attack platforms?

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8211 on: August 10, 2013, 05:27:58 am »

Siquo, I'd take either the high-capacity SMG, or the new NS one - VERY fun for infiltrators, and useful on the other classes as well. Haven't actually tried the NS one, but it's supposedly better at range, so that should be neat.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Jelle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8212 on: August 10, 2013, 06:33:06 am »

Don't cert the ammo pack it is worthless. Take your mana turret, wichever you're using, and switch fire mode. It'll turn into an ammo pack.
...unless you want to have two ammo packs out at once, I suppose it's useful sometimes.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #8213 on: August 10, 2013, 06:39:46 am »

(Switch fire mode button is 'b' by default)

What do you guys think of the NS weapons over the VS ones? (Specifically, PDW vs hi-capacity SMG, the revolvers and ns pistol vs the manticore and beamer :P)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Reyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8214 on: August 10, 2013, 06:46:27 am »

Don't cert the ammo pack it is worthless. Take your mana turret, wichever you're using, and switch fire mode. It'll turn into an ammo pack.
...unless you want to have two ammo packs out at once, I suppose it's useful sometimes.

The ammo box from "B" on the turret slot has been fixed, so it receives whatever level you have on your default ammo box. In other words, you can't pull out two ammo boxes any more, since they're both the same level, and you could've dropped 2 before since the one from "B" was stuck on level 3.

It's worth it. A upgraded ammo box also overrides every other shittier ammo box in it's vicinity(they get ammo from yours, not theirs), if you place it before or after other ammo boxes.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #8215 on: August 10, 2013, 07:17:54 am »

It's worth it. A upgraded ammo box also overrides every other shittier ammo box in it's vicinity(they get ammo from yours, not theirs), if you place it before or after other ammo boxes.
Ooh, didn't know that. The exp is nice, but negligible, though. Remember you drop ammo to be ASSET TO TEAM.

What do you guys think of the NS weapons over the VS ones? (Specifically, PDW vs hi-capacity SMG, the revolvers and ns pistol vs the manticore and beamer :P)
I've trialed the NS-PDW(or something), but I'm not that good at infil-runnin-and-gunnin yet. I have more luck with my LA-shotgun build. The PDW felt a lot more accurate AND powerful than the VS SMG's (in the VR), though. I never use the pistols. At range I'll just take cover and reload, and up close I start knifing.

I think I'll either beef up my medic (been playing him a lot more and I like the default VS assault rifle), or go with the harasser-pimpin'. I get frustrated if I'm at some base with just a light-vehicle terminal and I have no transport, and sundies are expensive.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8216 on: August 10, 2013, 10:54:25 am »

What you have to understand about the NS SMG is that it's not an SMG. What it really is is a carbine for infiltrators, who until its introduction had been lacking a mid-range weapon. There's no point using it with any other class since it's worse than empire-specific SMGs up close and other classes have better weapons for the mid-range role.

palsch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8217 on: August 10, 2013, 12:49:33 pm »

I obviously haven't been playing enough lately.

The first sign was that I wasn't in my outfit any more.

The second sign was that the crosshairs turning red when you are aiming at someone completely destroyed my ability to aim. Mostly talking about using the auto shotgun here, but it goes red before you are actually on target. That got me to open fire early a good dozen times, getting me killed most of those.

I also seem to have lost 5 FPS, but that could just be playing in a Saturday afternoon alert on Indar.

zombat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8218 on: August 10, 2013, 01:45:28 pm »

Were slug rounds stealth nerfed recently?

My haymaker seems a lot less effective the last couple of weeks.

Although that could be due to my even lower FR recently

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8219 on: August 11, 2013, 12:55:37 am »

Skyguard is pretty useful, you won't kill many fighters except the really dumb ones that don't jet off or jink like a spastic break dancing, but it does scare them off.

I get tons of ESF kills.  Mainly because there's a lot of dumb ones, but setting up near a good piece of 'bait' like a Sunderer allows you to get killing bursts into ESF's that come in for strafing runs.  If there's another Skyguard around, its also pretty easy to rack up assists and kills.  Even a good pilot may jink away from one Skyguard only to get lit up by another.

Another technique that gets kills is to watch the ESF's vector - if its coming towards you, hold your fire until they're close in and then let it rip.  If you're always opening up at max range, you're just giving smart pilots plenty of head's up to bugger off and avoid your sector.
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548] 549 550 ... 826