Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 654244 times)

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #1680 on: October 31, 2013, 08:58:08 am »

Razor wind is normal type.
Oh really, no wonder i hate it so much, normal is my least favorite type. thanks for the intel.

Edited to avoid double post.

Does anyone 100% know if the IVs stated by the Judge to be the best are Maximum IVs? i just hatched a nice female Fletchling with adamant and alert to sounds and he says it's best stats are attack spdef and speed.

EDIT2 never mind, i figured it out thanks to an anon tip: if he says cant be better then yes they're maximum, and he says that about this fletchling. Oh my, I am happy.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:35:31 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #1681 on: October 31, 2013, 01:52:59 pm »

So I decided to stop putting bad wonder trades back into the system, where I got them from and simply release them instead.
When I say bad, I mean pokemon which have been captured near the start and those whom are way too easy to obtain.
With a few excptions.. I always accept & level up Scatterbugs which are from different countries. The reason? Right here. (spoilers!)

Wait, you get to see what's being offered in a wonder trade and accept/reject? I was afraid to use it because if I put a high level Pokemon in and everyone else is ripping each other off with low level ones, then I'll get ripped off even worse, but if I put a low level Pokemon in expecting to get ripped off and I get a high level one, I'll  feel awful...
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #1682 on: October 31, 2013, 01:55:54 pm »

Added Both Ultra and Ekolis to my freidns list on 3DS. Could you guys add me back so i can figure out what y'all safaris are?

Added, but I haven't beaten the game quite yet, so no safari from me. About to face the 8th gym leader, so I'm probably close...
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: October 31, 2013, 01:58:04 pm »

Wait, you get to see what's being offered in a wonder trade and accept/reject? I was afraid to use it because if I put a high level Pokemon in and everyone else is ripping each other off with low level ones, then I'll get ripped off even worse, but if I put a low level Pokemon in expecting to get ripped off and I get a high level one, I'll  feel awful...
No? He's saying if he gets crap he releases it instead of Wonder Trading it away.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: October 31, 2013, 02:00:15 pm »

So I decided to stop putting bad wonder trades back into the system, where I got them from and simply release them instead.
When I say bad, I mean pokemon which have been captured near the start and those whom are way too easy to obtain.
With a few excptions.. I always accept & level up Scatterbugs which are from different countries. The reason? Right here. (spoilers!)

No, he's talking about spinning the roulette wheel again - take the Wonder Trade pokemon you just received, and Wonder Trade it again.  He's saying he doesn't do that with bad Wonder Trades (which he releases), only with good ones.  You don't get to see what's being offered, but really, it's not a matter of ripping people off.  Well, I suppose for some people it is, but for me, it's mostly a way to send on good-but-not-perfect bred Pokemon.  Who wouldn't want a surprise Dratini or Eevee?  Or even a Zubat, if it had Infiltrator.  If I get something nice in return, that's just gravy.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: October 31, 2013, 02:06:58 pm »

Added Both Ultra and Ekolis to my freidns list on 3DS. Could you guys add me back so i can figure out what y'all safaris are?

Added, but I haven't beaten the game quite yet, so no safari from me. About to face the 8th gym leader, so I'm probably close...
Acutally i'd get two pokemon until you beat E4 and also get your in-game avatar to show in mine by being online at the same time in-game as me.
Your safari is water-type giving Floatzel and Octillery. Third obviously is unknown right now.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 02:17:14 pm by RekkaAtsuma »
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: October 31, 2013, 02:28:56 pm »

I was afraid to use it because if I put a high level Pokemon in and everyone else is ripping each other off with low level ones, then I'll get ripped off even worse, but if I put a low level Pokemon in expecting to get ripped off and I get a high level one, I'll  feel awful...

Level is not quite so important in Wonder Trade, what makes 'good' Wonder Trades are usually;

- Rare (it's extremely unlikely but possible you may get a Xerneas/Yvetal from someone resetting their game to play through again if they cycle their collection through WT before reset; more likely are later-game or hard to find 'mons, like Kangaskhan, Ferroseed, Dratini etc., or starters - Kanto or Kalos - that you didn't pick)

- Hidden Ability (not everyone has a Friend Safari available with every possible species yet, so getting some decent HA pokémon is nice)

- Version Exclusives (Tyranitar/Aggron, Houndour/Electrike, and a couple others I think - you could snag them off GTS easily but landing them through a random WT saves you the trouble)

- Good breeds / catches (2+ 'perfect' IVs; Friend Safari pokémon always have minimum 2 perfect, unbreedable pokémon - including 'baby forms' like Azurill, which can breed when they evolve - always have minimum 3 perfect when caught, and obviously breeding and/or random luck can provide more. Good breeds can also come with egg moves, which are otherwise time-consuming to breed for)

- Vivillon (if a butterfly collector)

- Pokérus (the 'live' infection lasts 2? days, or indefinitely if boxed. Doubles EV gain, which in turn halves the time needed to train pokémon)

So you'll usually get pokémon at level 1 (just bred), level 30 (just caught in Friend Safari), or something else (usually, just caught in the wild). I've been sending out bred pokémon at level 1 with 3-5 perfect IVs and a selection of appropriate egg moves, because I love the breeding side of pokémon (...not like that), but am hopeless at team-building and similar things. Maybe this gen, who knows.

To be honest, though, putting pokémon into Wonder Trade isn't likely to get you awesome in return; it's purely a gamble. Worst case scenario you have a different pokémon taking up box space; best case, you've got a good new team member, pokédex entry, maybe even a new item if you're lucky.

My own policy is to only put 'good' pokémon into WT and either release the 'useless' ones or keep them for use with the Loto-ID, but my definition of 'good' is subjective; someone who doesn't know about IVs, or the use of entry hazards in competitive play, or egg moves, might have taken a Ferroseed that I sent out and thought "WTF is this, it doesn't even have an attacking move and it's level 1?!".

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: October 31, 2013, 02:35:59 pm »

And if you ever wanted evidence that Pokémon is an animal abuse simulator look no more then a contagious virus that make pokemon better if you don't take them to the hospital.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: October 31, 2013, 03:09:54 pm »

Damnit!

Just realised that Breloom can no longer learn drain punch. This puts obstacles in the way of my poison heal Breloom. :(
Entropy is not what it used to be.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: October 31, 2013, 03:40:49 pm »

And if you ever wanted evidence that Pokémon is an animal abuse simulator look no more then a contagious virus that make pokemon better if you don't take them to the hospital.

Pokemon Centers don't get rid of Pokerus.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: October 31, 2013, 03:59:54 pm »

What kind of person just leaves a cardboard box full of Eevees out in the middle of the road?

Me. I'm that kind of person.

On an unrelated note, I bred my first perfect IV Eevee today.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: October 31, 2013, 04:08:27 pm »

Then they changed it.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: October 31, 2013, 04:13:06 pm »

Then they changed it.
Er no they didn't. The Pokecenter's never cured Pokerus, only identified it for you. It's been like that all the way since it was introduced in Gen II
It's FEF, not FEOF

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: October 31, 2013, 04:52:34 pm »

So you'll usually get pokémon at level 1 (just bred), level 30 (just caught in Friend Safari), or something else (usually, just caught in the wild). I've been sending out bred pokémon at level 1 with 3-5 perfect IVs and a selection of appropriate egg moves, because I love the breeding side of pokémon (...not like that), but am hopeless at team-building and similar things. Maybe this gen, who knows.

But anyway, playing around with Wonder Trade a bit, although I'm barely done with the first gym, mostly also because I like to have pokemon from all around the world and from many different trainers (plus it makes for an easier time in the lotto :P). Got one trade that I just had to stop and appreciate it for a moment. A trainer named "Itachi" sent me a Vulpix. The only way it could be better would be if it was a ninetales already. :P
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

Silfurdreki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: October 31, 2013, 05:33:00 pm »

Aaaand the breeding experiment failed. You cannot, in fact, breed drain punch from Mienfoo through Seedot onto Breloom.

Bummer.
Entropy is not what it used to be.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 463