Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 654960 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Poll added!
« Reply #2070 on: November 11, 2013, 10:04:37 pm »

I thought it was Stone Edge, or I would have sent in Sigilyph.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: November 11, 2013, 11:04:40 pm »

Yeah I was shocked that it outspeeded perfect speed IV, speed invested max gardeovir....

Well in any case, my prep for fire gym is vastly more complete now that I have a horrifying new chandelure with max spec attack and speed Ivs and Investment, Modest nature and once I get to grinding up some points for it, a scarf :)

I also have some base stuff for a ton of other fire types and may end up with subs for team mixture.

BTW has anyone done a charizard breeding project.  i could use any leftovers from it to jump start my own.
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2072 on: November 11, 2013, 11:22:10 pm »

Yeah I was shocked that it outspeeded perfect speed IV, speed invested max gardeovir....

Well in any case, my prep for fire gym is vastly more complete now that I have a horrifying new chandelure with max spec attack and speed Ivs and Investment, Modest nature and once I get to grinding up some points for it, a scarf :)

I also have some base stuff for a ton of other fire types and may end up with subs for team mixture.

BTW has anyone done a charizard breeding project.  i could use any leftovers from it to jump start my own.

I'm attempting one currently. I've got a ditto with a Brave nature, which is bad - i'd rather not lose speed.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: November 11, 2013, 11:30:30 pm »

I'm attempting one currently. I've got a ditto with a Brave nature, which is bad - i'd rather not lose speed.

I have an Adamant ditto but it has no perfect IVs.  If this helps I'll breed ditto on ditto and give it to ya.  Let me know.  Btw I'm also Vellum on steam if anyone wants to more quickly talk to me.

Oh right I do have basic breeding material for a Magician Delphox.  Is this worthy of my time in making one?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: November 12, 2013, 12:11:44 am »

I've never fought a Gogoat before so that was pretty interesting. I got a bit worried that you might have a fighting move or something else other than horn leech. Lucky there wasn't anything else.

At least now I know what a Gogoat does.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2075 on: November 12, 2013, 12:21:06 am »

Yay!

Finally have the game. Yes, Pokemon is still addictive- played it all night until I passed out. :P So much to learn, since I haven't played in so long... I don't have much idea what I'm doing, yet. Haven't even figured out how to disable evolutions.

I have a question: just what do natures and characteristics do?

Going to add everyone in the OP, although I'm nowhere near finishing the game.
(I did find my beloved Snorlax, though!)
I'll do that now, and then catch a bus to some better free internet. :P

My FC is: 2723-9552-9763
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: November 12, 2013, 12:21:43 am »

We should do a Bay12 Gym League.

Why? Because, it will be FUN. I say we choose this by Friend Safari Typeage, through Choosing Our Own Types, or Randomly Drawing For Type. Who cares if we have more than eight gym leaders, if people go for this idea. Yeah, we're also monotype, but that can be pretty fun. Even with Elec, I can still bring in subtypes, like Galvantula and Magnezone.

If we decide to do that, I say just go ahead and post what types you'd like to do, up to three, in order of "WANT".

For me, I'd take:
1. STEEL. I love steel, and I've got enough pokemon of the type.
2. FIRE. I've got the pokemon for it, lord I have so many fire types.
3. POISON. Poison is straight up fun to run with.

Gym Leader Rules:
You may only use as many pokemon as your opponent- if they choose to only use three, you are limited to three or less.
You may have ONE pokemon of a non-matching type as your Gym, however, this can't be too off-the-wall. A Grass gym could use a Bug/Poison if they really wanted to, but only a single kind. The pokemon in question MUST have an attacking move of the type of your gym- a Venomoth with Stun Spore and Sleeping Powder dosen't count. ((Neither does a Charizard with Solar Beam, that's absurd.))
You may use a Mega Evolution, and there aren't any restrictions on which one, though I'd suggest the last one (Gym leader motif.)
You may have any held items you want.

Me habs Issues with those rules pal:

As for Safari Typing: I refuse to use Ice. - I'm either going to use Fire Fairy or Flying or I'm out immediately.
As for as many as opponent uses, Bull, Most Gym leaders in game only have 3 or 4 pokemon at any time. So no more than Four.
You the Leader may Mega Evolve only if the Challenger Mega Evolves. - Fix'd.
I refuse the one non-type pokemon rule in entirety.
The item rule sounds fun, and I've always liked having whatever items on whatever pokemon but my issue lies in its lack of specificness: does this mean we could have duplicate items?
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

ekolis

• Bay Watcher
  • Itsa Mii! Ed!
    • View Profile
    • My homepage
« Reply #2077 on: November 12, 2013, 12:53:30 am »

Natures adjust stats - one is red and increased by 10%, another is blue and decreased by 10%. I don't think characteristics do anything, though I could be mistaken.

Hmm, I wonder if the fact that I fought off that one legendary Pokemon that began with a Z in that one cave place instead of capturing him means I'll never see him again - or whatever one was supposed to be in that sea grotto? I TRIED to capture him, but all my attempts failed :(
Charizard uses Kafrizzle! The Wizard of Yendor faints! The party gained 500 gil!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: November 12, 2013, 01:15:09 am »

Yay!

Finally have the game. Yes, Pokemon is still addictive- played it all night until I passed out. :P So much to learn, since I haven't played in so long... I don't have much idea what I'm doing, yet. Haven't even figured out how to disable evolutions.

Going to add everyone in the OP, although I'm nowhere near finishing the game.
(I did find my beloved Snorlax, though!)
I'll do that now, and then catch a bus to some better free internet. :P

My FC is: 2723-9552-9763

Natures boost one stat by 10% and drop another by 10%. You can see which stats are affected in the pokemon's summary: a stat labeled in RED is the boosted one, the one in BLUE is the dropped one.

Characteristics are flavor text that describes your pokemon: it indicates a possible "IV", the pokemon equivalent of genetics. Higher IV is better, and each characteristic represents a certain modulo of IV - like 1, 6, 11, 16, 21, etc up to 31. Basically, the best pokemon in the world has a nature that boosts its best stat and drops a stat it doesn't use, and IVs of 31 in every stat.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: November 12, 2013, 02:13:16 am »

I managed to train up a 3IV Mega Lucario and I think making him go attack route is a completely stupid idea. Should have gone special attack instead.

Also, I think he's better off as a normal Lucario and getting a choice scarf instead.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: November 12, 2013, 02:16:39 am »

Just added a bunch of people, will add the rest of ya once I can prune my friend list a bit.
Now, I should really figure out how to actually use the online features. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: November 12, 2013, 02:19:04 am »

I've never fought a Gogoat before so that was pretty interesting. I got a bit worried that you might have a fighting move or something else other than horn leech. Lucky there wasn't anything else.

I probably should have brought my gyrados along too.  Still this reconfirmed my suspicions that shuckle and moltres are my A team.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 02:48:50 am by neotemplar »

RekkaAtsuma

• Bay Watcher
  • Unity is Strength!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: November 12, 2013, 02:40:32 am »

Okay If I do join any League as a Gym leader, from here or otherwise:

I'll Be Fairy, Rotation Battle, 4 Pokemon max.
I already have in mind the Pokemon I wanna use, but one of them Requires the Pokemon Bank to work just right, so...
Expect my Final Joining/Not Joining Answer between Dec 27 and Jan 10th - if after Jan 10 I haven't posted saying Yes, it's an automatic No.
---That gives me time to get the team fully set up after importing that one.

As a self-honor rule of thumb, If I am able to, I will only Mega-Evolve if my Challenger Mega Evolves.
Preferred pronoun: "They/Them".

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: November 12, 2013, 04:02:17 am »

I probably should have brought my gyrados along too.  Still this reconfirmed my suspicions that shuckle and moltres are my A team.
That's an odd conclusion to come to considering they didn't do anything, Shuckle giving me free swords dances and Moltres practically killing itself on stealth rock.

------------

I've been running into people on random battles turning their legendaries into tanks instead of maxing out their sweeper stats. I'm not sure how to deal with these ones, as they can easily tank one supereffective hit and just completely dispatch the pokemon that did it. Same with a M-Mawile that went full out defense and sp defense. Had to hit it with three earthquakes before it would die. Definitely would not want to fight it again.

I even ran into a Snorlax that could survive THREE sacred swords. THREE! What the hell! I have no idea what he was running on that Snorlax but it was ridiculous.

Still... I wish there was an online random battle mode that removed legendaries and allowed for 6v6 instead of the pitiful 3v3.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: November 12, 2013, 04:09:16 am »

BBZaemon, how do you get Hatching Power?
Pages: 1 ... 137 138 [139] 140 141 ... 463