Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 657994 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: The Sun (and Moon) Rises
« Reply #5610 on: November 20, 2016, 02:37:38 pm »

Indeed.  It comes with a special moveset.  The muchlaxes in those bushes are normal moveset.

Also just repeating info from another source for the sake of a PSA. 

Pokemon calling for help are the new horde battles and battle chaining.  A Pokemon that has been called by another gives double evs.  They also have a higher chance of max IVs, can have hidden abilities, and have a higher shiny rate.  These bonuses apparently max out after the 7th poke.

EDIT: EV gain caps at double per poke fainted.  you won't get sextuple evs or anything.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 02:43:39 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5611 on: November 20, 2016, 02:46:50 pm »

How do you get these pokemon to call for help? Can you initiate such things?

I know you could initiate horde battles with Sweet Scent/Honey, so I assume there's a similar trick to chaining help.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5612 on: November 20, 2016, 02:48:07 pm »

They are more likely to call for help as their hp is lower.  There is also an item called an adrenaline bomb (or something to that effect) that will increase a poke's chances of calling for help.

Also while I haven't seen any of the big analysis sites posting this, but in my own experience it seems some species are more likely to call for help than others as well.  Spearows, Zubats, and Eevees seem to call for help almost every chance they get. Grubbins less so.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 02:56:57 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5613 on: November 20, 2016, 02:50:28 pm »

That makes sense. I'm guessing that False Swipe comes in handy in those situations.

Unrelated: holy crap but Cutiefly is adorable.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5614 on: November 20, 2016, 03:32:27 pm »

So after that PSA, now for something completely different.

Am I the only one that sees the nurse flipping me the double bird every time I step into a pokecenter?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5615 on: November 20, 2016, 03:45:25 pm »

I haven't seen anything like that O_o

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5616 on: November 20, 2016, 04:32:24 pm »

The table she puts the pokemon on behind her.  The way she's right in the middle makes it look like she has some big white foam sports fingers, except in the 'I don't care much for you' configuration.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5617 on: November 20, 2016, 04:41:26 pm »

Oh, that thing. Heh.

This is more of a general pokemon question, but can hatched pokemon have their Hidden Abilities? A couple of the guides I looked up are sorta mum on the subject, and while I was looking up what level Rowlet evolves at I noticed that it has a hidden ability that sounds pretty neat. Of course, I doubt that any hordes of Rowlet are in the game and its too early for events to give them away...so how does one get these hidden abilities?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5618 on: November 20, 2016, 05:07:33 pm »

Don't think we currently can unless an event gives us one with it's HA, or the rules changed.   Last I did heavy breeding you need a female with the Hidden ability for it to have a chance of passing it on to it's offspring.

I recall there being a postgame item in either x and y or oras that would change a poke's ability, but I don't know if that does hidden abilities, or if the item itself made it into this game.

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5619 on: November 20, 2016, 05:09:24 pm »

Oh, that thing. Heh.

This is more of a general pokemon question, but can hatched pokemon have their Hidden Abilities? A couple of the guides I looked up are sorta mum on the subject, and while I was looking up what level Rowlet evolves at I noticed that it has a hidden ability that sounds pretty neat. Of course, I doubt that any hordes of Rowlet are in the game and its too early for events to give them away...so how does one get these hidden abilities?

I can't find anything about changes to the breeding mechanics in SuMo. (aside from things like the nursery not increasing level, the poke pelago island) Unless they change things up (e.g. having a male of a different species with a HA cause a HA in the child), it looks like abilities go with the species (so a female 'mon with a HA has a good chance of passing it down, but a male/genderless 'mon can pass it down via a ditto).

Ability capsules (in gen 6, anyway) only allowed swapping between alternative non-hidden abilities (e.g. swap between delibird's vital spirit and hustle, but insomnia).

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5620 on: November 20, 2016, 05:23:51 pm »

The Ability Capsule also isn't locked behind the post-game gate anymore; as long as you can win in the Battle Royale, you can get them for 100 BP, which is a 50% discount compared to Gen 6.  Actually, I think you can get it even if you lose in the Battle Royale; being defeated still netted me 1 BP when I tried.  Hint: don't try the Battle Royale when it's first introduced. :P

The only place I've heard about catching Pokemon with hidden abilities so far is S.O.S. battle chaining.  By letting Pokemon call for help successively, it's supposed to increase the changes of maxed IVs, shinies, and hidden abilities.  I haven't heard much in the way of specifics, though.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5621 on: November 20, 2016, 05:59:18 pm »

Oh, that thing. Heh.

I can't find anything about changes to the breeding mechanics in SuMo. (aside from things like the nursery not increasing level, the poke pelago island) Unless they change things up (e.g. having a male of a different species with a HA cause a HA in the child), it looks like abilities go with the species (so a female 'mon with a HA has a good chance of passing it down, but a male/genderless 'mon can pass it down via a ditto).

Ability capsules (in gen 6, anyway) only allowed swapping between alternative non-hidden abilities (e.g. swap between delibird's vital spirit and hustle, but insomnia).
So...you need a pokemon with a Hidden Ability to even begin to hope to get another with a hidden ability?

That's a little lame. Also seems to make getting starters with HAs almost impossible unless you can just randomly get one at the start. Or hack.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5622 on: November 20, 2016, 06:04:51 pm »

To be fair, that's almost always been true for starters.  The only time you could catch starters in-game with their hidden ability was X/Y via Friend Safari, I believe, and that only for Gens 1 and 6; outside of that, events were your only viable option, and most of those were typically Japan-only. 

Still, for Rowlets, I might suggest giving those help chains a try if you have Sun.  I suppose figuring out how to track abilities might be a bit tricky, though; a Pokemon with Skill Swap should do it, since Trace will only trigger once at the start of battle, or you could just catch-and-check. 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:06:26 pm by Culise »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5623 on: November 20, 2016, 06:06:20 pm »

Why Sun, particularly?

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #5624 on: November 20, 2016, 06:06:40 pm »

Why Sun, particularly?
Isn't Rowlett Sun-exclusive?

EDIT:
Excuse me while I head-desk for a bit.  Every time I read "Rowlet," I kept thinking "Rufflet."  Which is especially-embarrassing as I personally picked Rowlet as my starter. >_<
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:11:03 pm by Culise »
Pages: 1 ... 373 374 [375] 376 377 ... 463