Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 654931 times)

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread about the Pokemans: Pokemon Go Release has Begun!
« Reply #4815 on: July 13, 2016, 02:04:54 pm »

Spearows everywhere.  Also got an Evee.  Literally right there when I stopped at the bank.  Which is also a red coloured gym.  I'm assuming my local town is ruled by red team.

Most importantly, whory marmots.  It ate like 40% of my battery for a less then an hour trip.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4816 on: July 13, 2016, 02:06:59 pm »

Pokemon Go To Famous Places To Catch Pokemon
Black lives matter.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4817 on: July 13, 2016, 02:08:42 pm »

Spearows everywhere.  Also got an Evee.  Literally right there when I stopped at the bank.  Which is also a red coloured gym.  I'm assuming my local town is ruled by red team.

nah, gym ownership is really more an indication of what team had 2-3 people there last. (or even just 1 player, if the gym isn't high level, or someone brought a lot of supplies and was willing to sit for a while.)

My bigger problem in downtown chicago is that gyms are barely usable because there's so much lag from the constant attacks.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4818 on: July 13, 2016, 05:13:31 pm »

Pokemon Go is now out in Germany
It's FEF, not FEOF

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #4819 on: July 13, 2016, 10:32:50 pm »

Polish Pokemons feel a sense of dread and foreboding...Gotta Blitzkrieg 'Em Alles!

I have to say this has been the weirdest few days. I'll catch something and then show it to my daughter like "Is this any good? Should I be happy or is this just more trash? Is this bird-thing better than that bird-thing?"

She's underwhelmed with the slew of Pidgeys I've gotten (I notice they tend to inhabit parking lots), but hey -- that means I've been able to swap a bunch in and evolve my strongest one into a Pidgeotto.

I am still amazed at how thick downtown Hillsborough is with Pokestops. Like, twenty or more in less than a square mile. I can't help but think the town's tourism department should really think about leveraging that. We're already a hipster town for the locovore restaurants and microbreweries and writer's hangouts. Now we just need really obscure Pokemon.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4820 on: July 13, 2016, 10:57:26 pm »

The key seems to be catching absolutely everything you can find, even if it's trash, and evolving it for the xp.  As you gain levels, you are more likely to find a wider variety of pokemon, and the cp of everything you find (even the trash) rises.

Friend who's into this way more than I am clue'd me in that the real trick is to collect a ton of stuff that evolves really cheap, crack a lucky egg, and then trigger all those evolutions at once for double xp.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4821 on: July 13, 2016, 10:58:54 pm »

Polish Pokemons feel a sense of dread and foreboding...Gotta Blitzkrieg 'Em Alles!

I have to say this has been the weirdest few days. I'll catch something and then show it to my daughter like "Is this any good? Should I be happy or is this just more trash? Is this bird-thing better than that bird-thing?"

She's underwhelmed with the slew of Pidgeys I've gotten (I notice they tend to inhabit parking lots), but hey -- that means I've been able to swap a bunch in and evolve my strongest one into a Pidgeotto.

I am still amazed at how thick downtown Hillsborough is with Pokestops. Like, twenty or more in less than a square mile. I can't help but think the town's tourism department should really think about leveraging that. We're already a hipster town for the locovore restaurants and microbreweries and writer's hangouts. Now we just need really obscure Pokemon.

Ok honestly... THAT would be something amazing I could get behind!

Let every part of the world have their own unique pokemon (probably country >_>) whether it be an ordinary pokemon or a legendary.

Then later introduce them to a regular pokemon game (but don't make them that generation... call them the "Lost generation" or something)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4822 on: July 13, 2016, 11:02:49 pm »

We're already a hipster town for the locovore restaurants and microbreweries and writer's hangouts. Now we just need really obscure Pokemon.

You have restaurants where you can eat trains?  :o

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #4823 on: July 13, 2016, 11:11:29 pm »

Don't have it yet, but I must ask; is there any strong necessity to have regular pokespot access? I live out in the middle of nowhere, and it would suck if I needed to get to a pokespot on a regular basis.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4824 on: July 13, 2016, 11:15:59 pm »

Don't have it yet, but I must ask; is there any strong necessity to have regular pokespot access? I live out in the middle of nowhere, and it would suck if I needed to get to a pokespot on a regular basis.

Depends if you want to pony up money or not.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4825 on: July 13, 2016, 11:21:05 pm »

How so?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4826 on: July 13, 2016, 11:26:10 pm »

How so?

To catch pokemon you need pokeballs

To get pokeballs you need to go to pokestops

If you can't go to a pokestop you need to pay real life money to buy them.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4827 on: July 13, 2016, 11:30:31 pm »

Ah crud, really? That sucks. It's not like I plan on sitting on my butt the entire time, I just don't live within walking distance of anything meaningful. :\

Guess I'll just tag along when people head out on a drive for something. There's probably at least a couple pokestops in the minuscule hamlets nearby. :v

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4828 on: July 13, 2016, 11:59:47 pm »

It can also help slightly if you sign up for Google's Opinion Reward Surveys app.  You'll get a survey notification on your phone usually something like once every couple days.  You'll rarely get anything that takes more than 5 seconds.  Iit's stuff like "how many times a week do you eat out" or "which of these stores have you visited in the last month" with some multiple-choice options.  Each survey will typically get you between 20 and 40 cents, which goes directly into your Google account.

I used my Google account to sign up for the game, and had $14 saved up on it from surveys, which I almost never spend.  So I went ahead and dropped $10 on it and got both storage upgrades, plus 200 pokeballs.  You can buy 20 pokeballs for $1.  It's not going to keep you fully stocked on supplies if you play often without access to pokestops, but it's something.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4829 on: July 14, 2016, 12:09:45 am »

Holy crap, that's cool. How come I don't get free money for those YouTube survey-style ads?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 320 321 [322] 323 324 ... 463