Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you gonna get Pokemon Sword or Pokemon Shield?

I ATTAC
- 8 (15.4%)
I PROTECC
- 6 (11.5%)
Waiting on the third one
- 2 (3.8%)
Waiting on the third AND fourth one
- 1 (1.9%)
GET WELL SOON ZYGARDE
- 5 (9.6%)
I am a concientous objector and abstain from taking up arms
- 30 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 463

Author Topic: A Thread about the Pokemans: POKEMANS ON MOTORCYCLES  (Read 654954 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wouldn't Electabuzz be more likely in a thunderstorm? At the very least, Elekid is known for playing in them.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

Quote from: Red and blue entries
When several of these Pokémon gather, their electricity could build and cause lightning storms.
I kinda misremembered that as "Thunderstorms are due to groups of pikachu" lol
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Perhaps more notably, there's been an update and Niantic seems to be experimenting with a new form of tracking.

Only some people are getting the new "nearby" section... I've updated and only have the "sightings" section which works like the old "nearby" one but with the major improvement that Pokémon actually disappear from the list as soon as they're out of range, theoretically making it possible to methodically pinpoint them once more. Should make it a lot easier to actually find things now, even without the fancy new Pokéstop tracking.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile

So if I'm thinking of this right it's taking pictures from other people's pokemon go games for when they capture (or maybe just when they first see) pokemon?

That's cool but if that's the way it works I am very worried about that getting abused in horrible brainbleach-y ways.

"Hey Beth, take off yer pants my pokemon go just picked up a clampearl cloyster in this room and I wanna scar some childhoods."
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 01:24:45 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile

New Pokemon and new forms from Alola courtesy of our usual Corocoro leak.  I imagine Serebii will fix the main page soon enough, but for simplicity...big images linked to spare folks' bandwidth:

Image 1: Our form-changing(?) local fish
Image 2: Our Ghost/Ground haunted sand-castle; our huggy-bear pre-evo
Image 3: Our new Alolan forms for Meowth (Dark) and Marowak (Fire/Ghost)
Image 4: Our new Antagonists, a brief sneak-peek in the lower-right

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think this is the most generic the Pokémon villains have ever been.

Yattaman villains :P (or is it Yatterman?)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Gonna nitpick that I don't think that comparison says much considering the original Team Rocket anime trio was based directly off the villains of Yatterman in the first place :P

But I get what you mean. Sortof. I don't mind though so.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 02:04:10 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think that comparison says much considering the original Team Rocket anime trio was based directly off the villains of Yatterman in the first place :V

And their costumes were similar :P

But now it is getting extra similar with the skull motif.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

I JUST REALIZED THAT THAT IS A FISH MADE OUT OF FISH. I LOVE IT
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 02:09:42 am by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I find it hilarious that people still complain about pokemon that are clusters of pokemon :P

When frankly I still love it.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile

So if I'm thinking of this right it's taking pictures from other people's pokemon go games for when they capture (or maybe just when they first see) pokemon?

That's cool but if that's the way it works I am very worried about that getting abused in horrible brainbleach-y ways.

"Hey Beth, take off yer pants my pokemon go just picked up a clampearl cloyster in this room and I wanna scar some childhoods."
I'm thinking those are probably pokestop images, which seems neat.  (I don't know about you guys, but around here most people turn off AR mode :P  So it'd be hard for Niantic to collect images like that)

I find it hilarious that people still complain about pokemon that are clusters of pokemon :P

When frankly I still love it.
No they must all be eggsecuted
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, it seems that it's Pokémon tied to Pokéstops. If they spawn within the Pokéstop radius they show up on the nearby list, and you can select them to have it put a marker on the relevant stop so you can find it.

Basically useless outside of urban areas, as far as I can tell. Plenty of towns around here are lucky to have a single Pokéstop in them, and even the nearest city has them spaced so far apart you'll never have more than one on the visible map at a time. Hopefully they have something else in mind for rural players, or at least plan to open up Pokéstop submissions again.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile

I love the ghost-types of the Alola region so far. I'm calling it right now that Haunted Sand Castle is going to dominate the metagame in some way.

Also, next to that sneak peek of the villains... is that an exclamation mark used to indicate the start of a battle? In other words, an exclamation mark to show that somebody's spotted you?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love the ghost-types of the Alola region so far. I'm calling it right now that Haunted Sand Castle is going to dominate the metagame in some way.

Also, next to that sneak peek of the villains... is that an exclamation mark used to indicate the start of a battle? In other words, an exclamation mark to show that somebody's spotted you?

A ghost/ground type? I dunno... It looks like it even uses Sand Trap (or whatever the ability that prevents pokemon from retreating).
Pages: 1 ... 344 345 [346] 347 348 ... 463