Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 339

Author Topic: SCIENCE, Gravitational waves, and the whole LIGO OST!  (Read 490838 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SCIENCE, Gravitational waves, and the whole LIGO OST!
« Reply #4875 on: March 05, 2017, 01:12:00 pm »

The founder of the Brilliant Light Power company very humbly self-published a book called The Grand Unified Theory of Classical Physics.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4876 on: March 05, 2017, 01:24:11 pm »

Oh good grief.

How bad is it?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4877 on: March 05, 2017, 01:26:13 pm »

There's a serious hoax going around under the name Brilliant Light Power, which is basically this guy who is selling a free-energy device that electrolizes water, disposes of the oxygen, and does... something... to the hydrogen. He says it reduces the electron below the ground state, creating what he calls a "hydrino."

An example of this guy selling the idea.

He's spent 20 years being about 9 months away from selling it.

Among other psuedoscientific problems, they claim that the "reactor" works fine, but they are having trouble turning the heat output from it into usable energy. They want to use concentrated solar cells, but if it's putting out that much energy, a thermal engine would work just fine.

Kind of resembles some ads I've seen a while back about some bunch of stuff claiming to have found either a revolutionary power source that involves only sand or that the power source was sand grain sized. In the few looks at it that I did, I never saw any actual details about the power source, other than maybe outright claiming it to be as simple and as common as beach sand, seemingly implying that it IS sand. Of course though, I wasn't hearing/seeing of it elsewhere since finding a new power source would be big deal.

The founder of the Brilliant Light Power company very humbly self-published a book called The Grand Unified Theory of Classical Physics.

Let me guess, it's about the classical elements? You know, the main four, with metal sometimes included
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 02:19:15 pm by smjjames »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4878 on: March 05, 2017, 02:08:10 pm »

Guys, I have a perpetual motion machine to sell you, but you need to insert the part that does the perpetual motion in it.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4879 on: March 05, 2017, 04:50:29 pm »

You pick up the perpetual motion device.
You have been slain.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4880 on: March 05, 2017, 05:00:38 pm »

?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4881 on: March 05, 2017, 05:03:01 pm »

?

Because 'unstoppable motion', like 'unstoppable force'.

tonnot98

• Bay Watcher
  • Damp stone located.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4882 on: March 07, 2017, 11:58:09 pm »

"94-year old Lithium-Ion battery inventor unveils new ultra-efficient glass battery"

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/glass-battery-technology/

Neat stuff, we might finally never have to worry about the dreaded "overcharging" of stuff anymore when this is released. I just hope production goes into full swing before this man turns to dust.
Not sure if dying of old age is an honor or a shame for weaponmasters. On the one hand, it means they never got the opportunity to die in glorious battle. On the other hand, it means nothing could beat them in glorious battle.
Meow.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4883 on: March 08, 2017, 12:40:54 am »

You say "glass battery" and I hear "ultimate fondleslab" for some reason.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4884 on: March 08, 2017, 12:48:40 am »

....what
Sigtext

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4885 on: March 08, 2017, 02:09:35 am »

Like those transparent smartphone concepts, just a sexily shaped slab of glass to fondle, fondleslab.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4886 on: March 08, 2017, 07:32:52 am »

"John B. Goodenough" clearly exceeded his parents' unambitious expectations...

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4887 on: March 08, 2017, 07:38:57 am »

Is he by chance an arch-nemesis for one Boris B Badenov?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4888 on: March 08, 2017, 08:09:42 pm »

I figured his name was a reference to the song "Johnny B. Goode".

Regardless, a battery that works much better with repeated recharges is great. As it stands my phone lasts for about a day without being attached to a charger so that's something that could definitely improved.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4889 on: March 08, 2017, 08:18:20 pm »

http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/impossible-crystals-capture-time/news-story/62384fc4f600f4a32b18da850068d1fa

SCIENCE has captured time. And it’s not just a Dr Who publicity stunt. A new type of crystal traps atoms in an infinite loop — pulsing eternally without losing energy.Yes: a perpetual motion machine.
And the only way the laws of thermodynamics — which define how much energy exists and how it deteriorates — can be defied is by suspending time itself.
 This is what two new experiments appear to have achieved.
Researchers have published their results in the latest edition of the science journal Nature.
“We have found a new phase of matter,” said theoretical physics graduate student at Harvard University and study co-author Soonwon Choi.
“It’s something moving in time while still stable.”
Why should we care? It provides the possibility of making ultra-fast quantum computers stable enough to be useful.

Pretty big claims here.
Pages: 1 ... 324 325 [326] 327 328 ... 339