Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 637

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 686922 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [I spoiled my pants]
« Reply #2880 on: November 03, 2016, 04:28:07 am »

Ok stupid question... Why? because it might not be real.

Watching a show and ANOTHER poisoning happened.

Death was within a minute and symptoms showed almost instantly. The poison was injested and was snuck into soup in a white powder (likely the powder is a vessel and not the poison itself)

1) Blood coming from mouth (Either from mouth sores, blood in lungs, or blood from the stomach.
2) Red Eyes
3) Foam from mouth before death (though that might just be from gurgling before dying.

It is likely a undetectable poison...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: November 03, 2016, 11:36:31 am »

No, it's not real, at least not for "poisoning" (which I'm taking here to mean acute blood poisoning). If you consumed something very corrosive that might happen, though it would also be unlikely to kill you if you got medical assistance.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: November 03, 2016, 11:39:34 am »

No, it's not real, at least not for "poisoning" (which I'm taking here to mean acute blood poisoning). If you consumed something very corrosive that might happen, though it would also be unlikely to kill you if you got medical assistance.

Thanks, the poison is so unrealistic that it is most likely...

Razor blades and broken glass.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: November 03, 2016, 11:42:45 am »

Red eyes seem to suggest elevated blood pressure, which doesn't seem consistent with the "bowl of broken glass" theory. Not a doc, though.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Super2goten

« Reply #2884 on: November 03, 2016, 12:16:49 pm »

Does anyone know how to delete my forum account here? Stumped!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: November 03, 2016, 12:18:29 pm »

PM toady one and request it. Can't do it on your own, iirc, but the boss toad will probably be willing to help.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2886 on: November 03, 2016, 12:19:04 pm »

Anticoagulant poisoning (i.e., rat poison, a white powder) could cause most of those symptoms (as blood leaks out through your gums, lungs, and eyes) though you'd need a lot of it and that type of poisoning usually has a lag time much more significant than a minute. Maybe combine it with something that increases blood pressure to speed the process up.

While in this case the poison is almost certainly fictional (or an exaggeration of the above poison), do keep in mind that it's also possible in any scenario like this in a "harder" science type of show that you might be facing some combination of different poisons with similar appearances, each with their own effects. Mixed poisons can appeal to that "no kill like overkill" mindset, and make it much harder to actually identify the poison that killed the person, though the poisoner does need to be careful that the poisons don't react and weaken one another.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: November 03, 2016, 01:37:24 pm »

Quick update on my screen issues: I figured out it wasn't an immediate issue because I could just change the position of my screen whenever weird stuff happened. A couple minutes ago, my screen simply turned off for a dozen seconds, and my laptop played a "device unplugged" system sound. It did come back, but I'm starting to get really worried. Because, you know, I'm too lazy to actually get stuff done.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: November 04, 2016, 04:09:00 am »

Could an american tell me about common household guns, how to take care of them, and how their ammunitions are sold and packaged?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: November 04, 2016, 05:16:46 am »

Come on, Hillary still has a shot.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: November 04, 2016, 05:29:56 am »

Could an american tell me about common household guns, how to take care of them, and how their ammunitions are sold and packaged?

I just wanna warn ya that this message might or might not put you in watch lists :P
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2891 on: November 04, 2016, 05:37:24 am »

As an american... I could probably get a shotgun and ammunition from the nearby wal-mart.

That's basically all I know. It's not exactly complicated over here.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: November 04, 2016, 05:43:54 am »

I keep hearing that "background checks all over" thing every time gun control issue comes up. But I guess that only applies to certain kinds of weapons, because on the other end of same discussion I hear that you can basically waltz into a Walmart and walk out with a loaded gun, or multiple loaded guns.

While I'm at it, say, I'm 'Merican (hypothetically), and officer comes up and asks for ID. What will pass as one? I heard that driver's license does the trick, but are there any other options? Other than license and passport, that is (excluding the obvious here)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 05:55:52 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: November 04, 2016, 05:52:33 am »

It should be stated that only 36% of households in the USA even own a gun (though 3% of Americans... own 50% of the guns... Though honestly that might include gun stores)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: November 04, 2016, 06:02:54 am »

I just wanna warn ya that this message might or might not put you in watch lists :P
It's... research for writing.

Also in all seriousness I don't think te government has time to watch all the rednecks.

Also I was kind of asking for concrete things like the model names, the name of the bullets, gun cleaning procedure, etc.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 06:11:30 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 637