Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 476 477 [478] 479 480 ... 638

Author Topic: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]  (Read 691196 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: The small random questions thread [WAAAAAAAAAAluigi]
« Reply #7155 on: April 09, 2021, 11:45:37 am »

serving sizes are practically made up on the spot, though.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Iduno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7156 on: April 09, 2021, 12:27:50 pm »

Monster is so caffeinated so you can't absorb all of the caffeine on purpose, that way when you get lost in the wilderness and you drink your last monster and then have to drink your pee the piss will still be caffeinated too ;)

Plus, it'll taste better than the first time.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7157 on: April 09, 2021, 12:35:55 pm »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:23:19 pm by dragdeler »
let

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #7158 on: April 09, 2021, 01:18:16 pm »

I'm not familiar with the term and googling it suggests that it has to do with ketamine overdose. My friends case was probably because he couldn't sleep for some days, due to the amounts of caffeine he was consuming. For lack of better term, his body kind of shut down.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7159 on: April 09, 2021, 05:24:23 pm »

Fellas.

I drank an entire can of Monster Energy in the period of 30 minutes, it has been nearly an hour and a half and i am starting to feel that "Monster Energy" coursing though my body, this is my first time drinking it and i am extremely lightweight. (110 lbs)

Is this feeling of "oh shit what the fuck did i just drink!" normal?

I agree with the "you will probably be fine" comment, although if you can find a friend to hang out and in particular not do anything dumb with while you wait to come down, that might help. My first coffee experience involved a loooong attack of paranoia.

Drink water and eat food with whole grains to help flush it out of your system. Monster also has lots of sugar in it, so don't eat anything sugary or with simple carbs for now, unless it's, like, a banana.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7160 on: April 09, 2021, 11:40:27 pm »

[...has had probably 18-24 monsters this week...]

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7161 on: April 09, 2021, 11:50:11 pm »

Isn't Monster, like, hilariously overcaffeinated, far beyond what you'd see in a "reasonable" amount of coffee? I wonder how that's even remotely legal. May as well steep fine coffee bean dust in a pressure cooker; you'd get roughly the same caffeine content, as far as I'm concerned. Probably tastes just as good as unflavored Monster, too.

I'm not sure if they take that into account when it comes to it's legality but I think each can is supposed to be 2-3 servings so you aren't supposed to drink it all at once.

That sounds like a massive loophole, and I think it implies behavior that no-one engages in. Who the hell opens a can of anything, drinks half of it, then decides that they've had enough and saves it for later? Especially when it's a carbonated drink; damn thing's gonna be flat when they drink it again. I know Monster cans are relatively big, but still.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 11:54:28 pm by methylatedspirit »

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7162 on: April 09, 2021, 11:59:27 pm »

[...has had probably 18-24 monsters this week...]

the child is 14 years old and like 110 lbs and does not have a past of punching bears :V
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7163 on: April 10, 2021, 12:04:08 am »

I only abuse monster when I want to go visit my friend, and want to economize my time spent at his place and not wasting a day sleeping.

(I work 3rd shift, and it is a 5hr drive there.  I will down 2 monsters straight up, and then be bug-eyed while driving. Stay up all that day, then crash like the meteor that killed the dinosaurs that night.)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7164 on: April 10, 2021, 12:37:53 am »

My inability to make coffee taste good usually inhibits my potential caffeine dependence.

I'm not 100% sure caffeine even affects me the normal way, what with having ADHD.  I mean, the usual meds for that is stimulants anyway.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7165 on: April 10, 2021, 07:39:13 am »

I don't think most other meds mess with what caffeine does to you, though they might mess with your reaction. Stuff acts by blocking up the receptors for a certain type of brain thing that lets you know you're tired, iirc, basically forcing your brain to make new ones in order to let you know that, yes, your drugged ass is tired. So far as I'm aware most other stimulants (especially prescription ones) act through other means than the particular venue caffeine attacks -- it's why most drugs don't have much of an interaction with the stuff, outside compounding with the standard effects it has on your body.

... any case, if you haven't built a dependency, it's probably good to make sure you never do. Caffeine's legitimately kinda' bad for you, and you're largely better off just... not.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7166 on: April 12, 2021, 05:28:44 am »

I don't think caffeine's bad for you?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #7167 on: April 12, 2021, 06:47:56 am »

Why do places like Xiph tend to make their "large" (1080p+) test videos just these giant sequences of PNG or TIFF or EXR images? I had to use curl with GNU parallel (in WSL, of course) to download their stuff. It's rather inconvenient for me.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7168 on: April 17, 2021, 06:37:58 am »

Anyone know why I sometimes hear a sort of pulsing noise in my ear when I hear certain clicking sounds? It's almost like something gently taps my eardrum.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7169 on: April 17, 2021, 09:18:55 am »

-
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:24:59 pm by dragdeler »
let