Malacath
Gork
Mork
Morgoth
Saruman
Bhall
Father Sky

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 64

Author Topic: [ORC] Discussion and Download Latest! (v1.42B)  (Read 137576 times)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Orc Fortress [v1.02] for ☼MASTERWORK☼
« Reply #495 on: March 13, 2013, 12:34:50 am »

Eh, I was thinking of striking with just the un-barbed part of the glove.  Whatever, can tweak the details, blunt strikes only occur 1% of the time anyway on a mixed weapon.

The bigger picture is that bladed-chains already are pretty much the same thing, but better :) 

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: March 13, 2013, 12:41:24 am »

Okay. Are you going to be adding new destinations to the Raider's Drydock? Because if you are, I thought I might propose an idea. What about raiding other taiga orc clans?

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: March 13, 2013, 01:06:03 am »

Sure, I would add more to the Drydock if it added a new twist, something unique from the existing destinations.  Warlocks, for example, could drop tons of magic junk.  Once the game actually has more magic junk worth looting.

I had sort of half-thought about "attend the ceremonial wargames" or something, prizes being some traditional arms and armor, or a warrior society codex.  But an actual Tiaga clan border war is one that had not crossed my mind yet ^^   What do you think we would loot?

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: March 13, 2013, 01:09:55 am »

Orichalcum, definitely. Also codexs (probably more druidic than sorcery), and possibly traditional society weapon kits (not the codex). If possible, you might add orcish dire wolves and/or aurochs.

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: March 13, 2013, 01:12:26 am »

Orc slaves? For orc labor cells?
A random set of already looted material? (Basically thieving from thieves, more variety, but lower chance of getting the stuff then specialized raids)
codexes (is that the plural?)
And a lot of random stuff, wood, food, weapons, armor, rusty iron (coins), whatever.

In my vision, "raiding" taiga orcs is something you do when you dont know what you want. You can theoretically get everything from it at once, but its really unlikely.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: March 13, 2013, 01:23:08 am »

Once the game actually has more magic junk worth looting.

*waves itemsyndrome around*

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: March 13, 2013, 01:28:55 am »

Putnam, that syndrome.... your hand is melting.... and rotting....

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: March 13, 2013, 01:40:10 am »

Orc slaves? For orc labor cells?

Orc labor cell.. you mean the whole fort outside the Uruks' quarters? :)

I like the general idea guys, I will think more about it.  It might be a job for the Kobold Tracker Hut, he so far is kind of useful but lame; "Steal from rival clans," would give him some personality.

Putnam, that syndrome.... your hand is melting.... and rotting....

No it's OK, it's disabled on Hauled items now!

And yes when I said "once it has more items," ofc I meant, "once I implement a bunch of itemsyndromed stuff".
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 01:42:21 am by smakemupagus »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: March 13, 2013, 01:58:24 am »

Some ideas for warlock magic loot:
  • dragonfire spell mojo
  • 'evil' counterpart to mithril?
  • components for a new meadhall reaction - spirit warrior conversion (think orcish version of a dwarven golem, but magic in nature)
  • ranged 'magic' staves that shoot syndrome ammo like wraithblades
  • Living armour/weapons? Maybe living whips that cause syndromes or armour composed of skin, muscle, fat, and bone.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: March 13, 2013, 01:56:50 pm »

Thanks for ideas!  Thinking mostly along the same lines. 

>>  armour composed of skin, muscle, fat, and bone.

is what ironbone/bloodsteel is, no?  I always pictured it more like what you said, rather than mundane 'Captain Ahab quenching the steel harpoon in blood' version (otherwise it should require hematite ore :D )

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: March 13, 2013, 06:23:48 pm »

I thought that ib/bs were just materials madevfrom bones, with the iron in the blood being used to make bloodsteel.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: March 15, 2013, 07:13:32 pm »

First draft of magic system including item enchantments.
(Thanks Putnam, Meph, DFHack, and everyone who helped with Oracle brainstorming!)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Since the DFHack r3 autosyndrome will make learning spells reliable, we can balance it much better.  Maybe more expensive in terms of materials, but less difficult in general.  This does mean that we can get rid of "temporary" spell learning; the powerful ones can just be rare/expensive, and the ones that you like to be able to turn on and off can be tied to equipment using Putnam's system.

By the way, in the past it was actually fairly hard to kill your own orcs with magic.  That ... may not ... be even close to true anymore ;)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 07:22:31 pm by smakemupagus »

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: March 16, 2013, 10:28:55 am »

am i the only one getting alot of uruks who are just calm and nice and dont want to be fighters at all 0_o

cloaknsmoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: March 16, 2013, 03:05:43 pm »

Is there a reason that opening the ancient ruins crate can provide deep bronze shirts? I didn't even think shirts were supposed to be able to be made out of metal. I checked the raws and it looks like it is supposed to be a tower shield instead, but it's labeled as ARMOR instead of SHIELD I guess. I had an older version where the helm was listed as armor and was a makeshift orichalcum breastplate, but that looks like it got fixed.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: March 16, 2013, 04:19:00 pm »

Cloaknsmoke, Thanks, yes will be fixed in the next version!

SharpKris:  do you mean in their personality preferences? in the upcoming version with item enchanments you should be able to equip them a nice Berzerker's Mask to help overcome that personality trait ;) 
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 04:25:17 pm by smakemupagus »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 64