Malacath
Gork
Mork
Morgoth
Saruman
Bhall
Father Sky

Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64

Author Topic: [ORC] Discussion and Download Latest! (v1.42B)  (Read 137492 times)

schneidaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [ORC] Discussion and Download Latest! (v1.42B)
« Reply #915 on: November 24, 2013, 11:01:56 pm »

Why cant I harden leather with tallow in the tribal wargear workshop?
I have plenty tallow and plenty leather??

Just to check, which version of Masterwork are you using?

How do I find out?
If I need to update, do I need to set the same settings (creatures etc) to not mess up my saved game?

schneidaren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 24, 2013, 11:36:40 pm »

Updated. Still the same problem.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 25, 2013, 12:45:56 am »

Updated. Still the same problem.

Updating saves is a courageous solution at the best of times.

I know that in 4b 'harden tallow' worked fine. The more recent DFs have a reworked leather system, but the reaction is still the same, so if it's broken, I'd expect most leather reactions to be broken in the newer releases:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So assuming the reaction is still working (which I'll test if I get a moment), there's all the regular things to consider. Are the reagents already used in another job? Are they in a different burrow? Have they been forbidden? Is there anything blocking the path to them, etc etc.

~ T

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 05, 2013, 06:31:11 pm »

Question: How do I cure diseases? Tagia orc apocrathary didn't have any options to make anything. I lost the fort to a 3 year epidemic of pneumonia. With no way to cure it, and it being of the rather particular nature that surviving it doesn't confer any lasting immunity to it....it eventually crippled everyone.

I really like diseases....but with no way to fight it, I had to turn it off.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 05, 2013, 06:46:05 pm »

Question: How do I cure diseases? Tagia orc apocrathary didn't have any options to make anything. I lost the fort to a 3 year epidemic of pneumonia. With no way to cure it, and it being of the rather particular nature that surviving it doesn't confer any lasting immunity to it....it eventually crippled everyone.

I really like diseases....but with no way to fight it, I had to turn it off.

Oh my! That sounds like a bug, since I'm pretty sure elsewhere Meph said that orcs and kobolds are immune to disease.  For now, the best I can suggest is turning them off.

I like the idea of shamanic medicine with orcs. Rituals, blood, bits of fallen enemies, etc. But that requires me to sit down with some free time to write it.

I also think that if orcs have disease, they should be different diseases. Orcs with influenza don't feel right.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #920 on: December 05, 2013, 07:06:39 pm »

they are not immune. i said i onlu added diseases to the dwarves.. its possible that dwarven aggressors also brought a disease... Have you been attacked by dwarves?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 05, 2013, 08:37:02 pm »

they are not immune. i said i onlu added diseases to the dwarves.. its possible that dwarven aggressors also brought a disease... Have you been attacked by dwarves?

Oh my. I'm wearing my modding n00b hat here, but is it easy to tweak diseases to be dwarven-only, at least until kobolds and orcs get some sort of disease infrastructure running? I've noticed diseases use a SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS of GENERAL_POISON, can I just change these to a SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS of CAN_HAVE_DISEASE (or some other custom token we define)?

(Patches welcome on this, I'm delighted not to do my own modding when I can...)

~T

megahelmet

• Bay Watcher
  • *casts* Meteo!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 05, 2013, 11:01:21 pm »

Actually, ya. The local mountainhome set up camp outside my fort for around a year, till I got annoyed enough at them to send someone to kill them.  It was sometime after that I noticed the massive infection....Crap, the dwarve's FUN rubbed off on my orcs.
Pylons on fire can stay, its awesome.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #923 on: December 06, 2013, 02:51:18 am »

Yes, modding is easy to make them immune (ans/or give apothecaries), I simply did not think about the invaders infwcting others.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

nukularpower

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 19, 2013, 01:51:00 am »

Hey, quick question.  I've looked all over the threads and stuff for the kobold and orc things included with masterwork, but I can't figure this out.  How do you actually select to use a kobold or orc civ to start with?  I have them both enabled in the startup menu, but trying to switch civilization the normal way doesn't seem to work, and when I tried using the included embark profiles, I just got dwarves with orcy names..

(edit:  Nevermind, figured it out.  instructions on how this works would have been nice in the manuals, though :P )

Also, the most recent version of Masterwork seems to be missing the pre-genned worlds.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 02:01:54 am by nukularpower »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #925 on: December 19, 2013, 02:03:58 am »

No, the pre-genned worlds are simple at the bottom of the templates, instead of the top. At least they should be.  :)

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 19, 2013, 02:37:44 pm »

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is the research lab supposed to be in orc mode?  It has no reactions.
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 19, 2013, 06:08:29 pm »

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but is the research lab supposed to be in orc mode?  It has no reactions.

I think this represents a level of code drift, with orcs previously having access to reactions which now no longer exist. The entity file has the following section for orcs:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So once upon a time, orcs had the ability to process megabeasts and train from their souls. I'm not quite sure what BRAINS_AND_JARS once did. However none of the these reactions exist any more.

The orcs definitely need a way to process the 'mutilated corpses' which exist in masterwork, as well as a way to do cool things with megabeast corpses.  Looking at my big list of missing reactions, I suspect kobolds may be in the same boat.

In the meantime, I've removed the relevant entries from the orc files in Studded With Patches.

~ T

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 19, 2013, 07:07:56 pm »

I believe that you can still cremate the mutilated corpses for ash
Likes nether horror for their ability to turn people into eldritch horrors. Seriously, what is wrong with that dwarf.

CptCrunchy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 21, 2013, 01:40:40 am »

So what is more useful, a welded mithril daikatana or one of the Ancient Daikatanas made of orichalcum?  I'm still a bit lost on the stats of the different metals compared to how they appear in different mods
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64