Malacath
Gork
Mork
Morgoth
Saruman
Bhall
Father Sky

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64

Author Topic: [ORC] Discussion and Download Latest! (v1.42B)  (Read 137491 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: [ORC] Discussion and Download Latest! (v1.42B)
« Reply #930 on: December 21, 2013, 03:31:55 pm »

So what is more useful, a welded mithril daikatana or one of the Ancient Daikatanas made of orichalcum?  I'm still a bit lost on the stats of the different metals compared to how they appear in different mods

Welded mithril is sharper than orichalcum.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 21, 2013, 11:00:19 pm »

So, I seem to have some ideas about how orcs should work. If anyone cares to give me feedback in that thread, I would definitely appreciate it. Likewise, if anyone has been in touch with Smake at all, I would love to hear from him.

~ T

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 28, 2013, 08:07:39 am »

(edit:  Nevermind, figured it out.  instructions on how this works would have been nice in the manuals, though :P )

Ooh, ah, how? I've been trying as well but ran into the same as you. Mind you, Masterwork with 'normal' Dwarfs (in as far as the buggers can be normal) is challenging enough, but I've always had a soft spot for the big lunks. :P
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 28, 2013, 10:11:05 am »

Ooh, ah, how? I've been trying as well but ran into the same as you. Mind you, Masterwork with 'normal' Dwarfs (in as far as the buggers can be normal) is challenging enough, but I've always had a soft spot for the big lunks. :P

The short answer is that you either generate a world where orcs are the only playable race (which is the easy way), or you hit tab on the map/embark screen until you can select your civilisation. However the game doesn't tell you which civ is which race. However you can usually figure out which race you are by then tabbing to the neighbours tab; whichever of Dwarves, Orcs and Kobolds are friendly to you will be your civ.

Also, I'm totally accepting contributions to the manual, or any other part of the game you wish to improve. I know that this is a common question (and it's answered somewhere in the Dwarf Manual), but it'd be excellent to have in the Orc manual too.

~T

FrisianDude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 28, 2013, 10:53:16 am »

I'm too green (ha!) to contribute as yet, but thanks a lot for the tip!
A tiny, foul-tempered humanoid creature that dwells in the evil mountains. They are known to enjoy drinking liquor and will take any unguarded supplies of booze.

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 30, 2013, 02:06:37 pm »

How do I make fireplaces, braizers, etc?  At any workshop I give the order to create illumination I only get dolls.  I need to sorch the earth and my magma pumpstack isnt gonna be done for another 5+ years.  Using the manager there is no options for creating fireplaces, or braizers only illumination.   

I can create candles from tallow just fine.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #936 on: December 30, 2013, 05:47:21 pm »

How do I make fireplaces, braizers, etc?  At any workshop I give the order to create illumination I only get dolls.  I need to sorch the earth and my magma pumpstack isnt gonna be done for another 5+ years.  Using the manager there is no options for creating fireplaces, or braizers only illumination.   

I can create candles from tallow just fine.
I dont know about orcs. Its seems that they dont have access to them atm. I will add them. Illumination should create one, its what toys are in vanilla. But I never found a use for toys, so I made the illumination category. Seems orcs still have actual toys in there.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 30, 2013, 09:00:18 pm »

It seems that the dolls are used in some reactions for magic systems.  If i understand the way toys are created you couldnt really use that skill for voodoo dolls and lighting.  would seem easier to create a building that only needed candles to serve as the orcish lights. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #938 on: December 30, 2013, 09:05:22 pm »

You can just add custom reactions for the doll to the craftsorc. "Make rock doll". Thats no problem.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Atramedes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: January 02, 2014, 07:10:45 pm »

I have a question, what material are obsidian arrows under on the ammunition screen, I looked and never found Obsidian and metal/bone don't seem to assign obsidian arrows either. Also, is the ability to compress peat supposed to be on the screw press? Because its not for Orcs.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 11:13:55 pm by Atramedes »

Snallac

• Bay Watcher
  • King of ze Snails
    • View Profile
    • The Blight
« Reply #940 on: January 07, 2014, 01:23:03 pm »

I have a bone carvers shop and the ingredients to make Iron bone, but when I order it made my bone carver doesn't do anything. Does making Iron bone require a different labor?

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: January 07, 2014, 02:10:11 pm »

I have a bone carvers shop and the ingredients to make Iron bone, but when I order it made my bone carver doesn't do anything. Does making Iron bone require a different labor?
I think you need the Boneyard workshop, unless something changed.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Snallac

• Bay Watcher
  • King of ze Snails
    • View Profile
    • The Blight
« Reply #942 on: January 07, 2014, 02:40:28 pm »

I haven't been able to find the bone yard in the workshop list, and when i searched for it on the wiki the bone carvers workshop came up instead.

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: January 07, 2014, 09:12:37 pm »

I haven't been able to find the bone yard in the workshop list, and when i searched for it on the wiki the bone carvers workshop came up instead.

The boneyard and bonecarver are the same (it's 'BONEYARD' in the raws, and "Bonecarver's shop" in the display names).  As for ironbone and bloodsteel, in 4g and before it uses the 'chemistry' (aka lye making) labour.

That confused me as well, so in the Orc Fortress Rebalance (downlink link in my sig) it uses the bonecarving labour, along with everything else in the bonecarver.

The rebalance is pretty darn stable, so it's going to be integrated into Studded With Patches shortly (probably today if I finish the updates to the manual), and will likely go out with the next official Masterwork release.

~ T

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #944 on: January 08, 2014, 02:44:27 am »

Ironbone and Bloodsteel are in the Alchemist. No idea how it is for orcs, but I guess the skill was copied over, without being changed to bonecarver.
Code: [Select]
[BUILDING:ALCHEMISTS_CHAMBERS:CUSTOM_SHIFT_B]
[SKILL:POTASH_MAKING]
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64