Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1007305 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #810 on: August 21, 2012, 06:54:40 pm »

Nah, you come from the other head.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: August 21, 2012, 06:58:19 pm »

Nah, you come from the other head.
+2 Zing points

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: August 21, 2012, 07:08:58 pm »

'parents who give their children candy are more likely to have them grow up into criminals, and should probably be shot in the back with a crossbow.'
Swap parents with children and you've got Dwarf Fortress o-o
Children who give their parents candy are more likely to have [their parents] grow up into criminals?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: August 21, 2012, 07:12:09 pm »

I figured it was "Parents who don't give their children candy are likely to be shot in the back with a crossbow."

Hell, I wouldn't put it past my kid.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: August 22, 2012, 12:18:59 am »

"I'm just suspicious they're sneaking in to contaminate our country."
Some quote in the newspaper about the planned mosque and how Muslims will destroy our purity protect the children oh nooooooooo
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: August 22, 2012, 12:21:29 am »

Some quote in the newspaper about the planned mosque and how Muslims will destroy our purity protect the children oh nooooooooo

Oh god fucking damn it. I hate it when people hate on Muslims. It is SOOO FUCKING STUPID. Baader Meinhof gang, mafia, and the Crusaders were christian, but people don't go, "Watch out for those silly christians, they'll cut your throat open, stick a cut up soda can in there, and let you bleed to death!"
Just because someone is of a specific religion does not mean they conform to stereotypes about that religion.
Sigh. /rant

Sorry about that, pet peeve of mine.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Psyco Jelly

• Bay Watcher
  • It begins!
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: August 22, 2012, 12:24:43 am »

Friend: "Wow, Jack, you actually look like a respectable gentleman in that picture."
Jack: "I AM a respectable gentlemen, you cockholes!"
Me: "That... Statement."
Not only is it not actually advertising anything, it's just copy/pasting word salads about gold, runescape, oil, yuan, and handbags.  It's like a transporter accident combined all the spambots into one shambling mass of online sales.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: August 22, 2012, 02:02:03 am »

Oh god fucking damn it. I hate it when people hate on Muslims. It is SOOO FUCKING STUPID. Baader Meinhof gang, mafia, and the Crusaders were christian, but people don't go, "Watch out for those silly christians, they'll cut your throat open, stick a cut up soda can in there, and let you bleed to death!"
Just because someone is of a specific religion does not mean they conform to stereotypes about that religion.
Sigh. /rant

Sorry about that, pet peeve of mine.
People seem to latch onto whatever minority has had the most recent high profile crime. Right now it's muslims, since nothing big has changed that since 9/11. Who knows, maybe some random fucktard will bomb a orphanage, someone will notice he's swedish or something, and all of America will stop listening to heavy metal for a decade.

People are stupid.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: August 22, 2012, 03:29:14 am »

A lot of people have probably heard about this, but that one guy in the US running for office in...Minnesota, I think? Anyway, he said something about a woman's body being able to stop a pregnancy in the case of "legitimate rape."

The fuck.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: August 22, 2012, 03:47:09 am »

Here's a better (bad, maybe outdated) vegan joke:  How many vegans does it take to screw in a lightbulb?  None, General Electric tests on animals

...I don't get it...
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #820 on: August 22, 2012, 04:30:53 am »

"I sleep for 12 hours a day because smart people sleep a lot. Einstein slept like 12 hours a day, too. I don't know what sleeping 4-6 hours a day says about you, though."

An ex-roommate of mine (thank God I don't still live with him).

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: August 22, 2012, 05:43:29 am »

Between 8 and 10 is considered the best, iirc.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #822 on: August 22, 2012, 05:47:07 am »

Between 8 and 10 is considered the best, iirc.
There is no conclusive study, although the most recent one I saw (the past year or two) said 6. Regardless, the point is that my roommate implied I was stupid because I don't sleep a lot, and that smart people sleep for longer than people of lower intelligence (like 12 hours).

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: August 22, 2012, 05:50:54 am »

All I know for certain is that "early to bed early to rise" is bullshit as far as healthiness goes.

And I forget the technical name of the fallacy your roommate was using. Correlation/causation one, I think. And yeah it's quite stupid :)
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: August 22, 2012, 06:01:55 am »

Even if there is an optimum, remember that there likely is a lot of divergence between people. What might be good for you might not be for your neighbor.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 510