Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002237 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #510 on: August 15, 2012, 10:42:37 pm »

There was. Maybe it's just because I'm younger than you guys or maybe it's because I'm in a different state or something, but when I went to the DMV I had to agree to either take a breath test or get my license suspended if I was pulled over and suspected of being drunk.
Colorado and Utah i know won't issue a license if you do not agree to take mandatory breath tests

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 15, 2012, 10:52:16 pm »

« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 09:15:01 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Lord Inquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 15, 2012, 10:52:59 pm »

Not really something they said but Some new Cadillacs have completely touchscreen controls on the dash, which basically means you have to take your eyes off the road to click the buttons since they have no tactile feel. if mobile phones, even hands-free is too distracting/dangerous, then obviously visual-only touchscreen buttons to control things in the actual car is a bad idea.
http://www.gizmag.com/disney-revel-virtual-texture/23621/
might be answer
http://cataclysm.tiddlyspot.com/index.html Cataclysm Roguelike game Tiddlywiki mostly out of date
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113337.0 Who makes alcohol? do you? post here then.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 15, 2012, 10:53:41 pm »

Rerail?
Yes please

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 15, 2012, 11:47:58 pm »

Not really something they said but Some new Cadillacs have completely touchscreen controls on the dash, which basically means you have to take your eyes off the road to click the buttons since they have no tactile feel. if mobile phones, even hands-free is too distracting/dangerous, then obviously visual-only touchscreen buttons to control things in the actual car is a bad idea.

Reminds me of something that passes for "news" nowadays. A guy got arrested because an attractive lady walked past his car with a very short skirt and he looked. It was a distraction and you can't take your eyes off of the road for any cause. Seems like this makes a case for getting rid of all those distracting billboards and most of the distracting signage on the highways.

Belated question: is it okay to post stupid acts and rulings as well as stupid things people say? I seem to have already done that.

The Fool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 16, 2012, 01:40:34 am »

I work at a clothing store. Someone called while I was at work today, and after I said the name of the store and the motto that includes the word clothes, they wanted to know if we rented movies. It was the highlight of my day just because it was the most ridiculous thing to happen all day.

Steam ID: The Fool [B12]
A Flexible Mind (Suggestion Game)

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 16, 2012, 01:43:59 am »

Reminds me of something that passes for "news" nowadays. A guy got arrested because an attractive lady walked past his car with a very short skirt and he looked. It was a distraction and you can't take your eyes off of the road for any cause. Seems like this makes a case for getting rid of all those distracting billboards and most of the distracting signage on the highways.

Wasn't that an episode of Sienfeld?

Hubris Incalculable

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 16, 2012, 02:11:44 am »

Code: (Bay 12 Lower Boards IRC) [Select]
server = irc.darkmyst.net
channel = #bay12lb

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 16, 2012, 02:59:01 am »

All of this thing here

Oh so its true, other countries really do make fun of us for that?

I was always curious.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 16, 2012, 03:12:41 am »

Most (MOST) of those people are probably just playing along

« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 03:15:57 am by Megaman »
Hello Hunam

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 16, 2012, 03:17:54 am »

Also it's not like EVERY person they talked to was this dumb, they just only kept the clips with the most clueless people.

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 16, 2012, 09:16:11 am »

All of this thing here

Oh so its true, other countries really do make fun of us for that?

I was always curious.
Why not? We do it all the time. See: Jaywalking with Jay Leno. (It's probably really the only pseudo-funny thing he does.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 510