Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002028 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #1935 on: October 08, 2012, 07:12:31 pm »

Oh indeed. I remember thinking 'why do I have to make them kill other Pokemon?' when I was playing the game for the first time. Then I realized what an evil I was commiting on other Pokemon who had not spent their whole life with me. So I abandoned all except my starter Empoleon (Diamond and Pearl) and my first catch, one of those bird things. Then I bred them to create an army of penguins with which I conquered the continent.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: October 08, 2012, 07:16:45 pm »

Fun fact: Unova is supposed to be America in the same way the other regions are japan. WHich means Lt. Surge is from there. Fuck yeah, Lt. Surge, killing people with magnemites.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: October 08, 2012, 07:17:56 pm »

But it's not every pet owner.
Well, in this case it is, but it's because this is a society where there is a large portion of society whose career revolves around getting animals and having them fight to the (almost) death. Plus it's funny.
This. Plus, you know, hyperbole, satire, all that.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: October 08, 2012, 07:18:50 pm »

Fun fact: Unova is supposed to be America in the same way the other regions are japan. WHich means Lt. Surge is from there. Fuck yeah, Lt. Surge, killing people with magnemites.
magnemites: how do they fucking work?

By eating the souls of orphans.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: October 08, 2012, 07:23:28 pm »

I personally made a living selling Hordes of pretrained Metagross, all equipped with attacks like Hyperbeam, and Meteor mash.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: October 08, 2012, 08:16:55 pm »

So everyone. It turns out PETA isn't so bad. They have a game about clicking breasts on that site.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:26:06 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: October 08, 2012, 08:17:40 pm »

So everyone. It turns out PETA isn't so bad. [img=http://www.peta2.com/BreastsNotAnimalTests/game.asp]http://They have a game about clicking breasts on that site.[/img]

Weakmindedness, thy name is man.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: October 08, 2012, 08:21:24 pm »

PETA is almost as skilled as WBC at advertising at this point.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: October 09, 2012, 09:34:09 am »

he has a theory that the earth was once ruled by penguins, before being beaten back by polar bears. the ice age ended, and the polar bears retreated to the arctic, then humans took over from there.
the penguins are biding their time.

their first emergence appears to have been on these forums.

That explains the penguin army at the Bay 12 Member map...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: October 09, 2012, 09:58:28 am »

I don't see why you guys are all (mostly) dissing PETA. :-\
Admittedly I don't know all that much about them, but here they are raising their point in such a way as to make it relevant to people who usually wouldn't think twice about such things. The very fact that we've devoted several pages to it here means they must be doing something right. Imagine how it will affect some average Joe in his pickup truck with a shedful of poorly-treated dogs back at his house. Who knows, it might actually inspire thought!

...And besides that it was kinda funny. Win-win, right? ;D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: October 09, 2012, 10:06:25 am »

I don't see why you guys are all (mostly) dissing PETA. :-\
Admittedly I don't know all that much about them, but here they are raising their point in such a way as to make it relevant to people who usually wouldn't think twice about such things. The very fact that we've devoted several pages to it here means they must be doing something right. Imagine how it will affect some average Joe in his pickup truck with a shedful of poorly-treated dogs back at his house. Who knows, it might actually inspire thought!

...And besides that it was kinda funny. Win-win, right? ;D
Most of the time we hear about them, they've been either incredibly hypocritical, posting frivolous lawsuits, or someone has said something that's getting them knee-deep. PETA, if they had any more power or gained access to weapons, would be an extremist group. That's just the kind of mindset they have.

They're like a real life Liberal Crime Squad.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #1946 on: October 09, 2012, 10:09:04 am »

Except the Liberal Crime Squad don't run animal shelters where animals are put to sleep the same day they're brought it. While at the same time smearing other animal shelters for not doing so.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: October 09, 2012, 10:11:49 am »

I see nothing wrong with using violence to liberate abused creatures. Euthanising healthy animals due to space shortages is very, very bad however. I've never known a lot about PETA, but I have heard plenty of bad things about them before.
Booze is Life for Yoink

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: October 09, 2012, 10:15:34 am »

What MZ said. Here in NC, there was a rather infamous case where two members of a PETA chapter were taking animals from a rescue group (not "the pound") and then gassing them in the back of their van. These weren't animals doomed to euthanasia, they were animals liable to end up in good, caring homes.

When caught, their justification was that any animal would be better off dead than suffering the "indignity" of servitude and captivity. Admittedly, their local PETA chapter disavowed these two, but they'd have been idiots not to, considering that they had death threats against them almost immediately.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: October 09, 2012, 10:18:51 am »

*headdesk*

Jeez. :-\ I don't know if the rest of PETA is anything like that, but I don't exactly hear any good things about them.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 510