Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002035 times)

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2085 on: October 13, 2012, 11:27:17 pm »

I would enjoy a rhombicdodecahedroncraft mod, at least for a couple minutes.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: October 13, 2012, 11:46:01 pm »

Minecraft'sAlmost every video game community is made up largely of entitled idiots who think they've got simply amazing ideas.
Fixed that for you.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: October 13, 2012, 11:47:31 pm »

Minecraft'sAlmost every video game community is made up largely of entitled idiots who think they've got simply amazing ideas.
Fixed that for you.
But not us![/elitist]

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: October 13, 2012, 11:50:59 pm »

Fixed that for you.
But not us![/elitist]
I think many of us accept that Toady simply does do so. He DOES include some things, but, obviously, most of us would be surprised if our idea was included only because we mentioned it. Besides, most are either A) Ways to implement things he's already plannign to include, and B) Stuff that will never ever be included.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: October 13, 2012, 11:52:21 pm »

And the countless suggestions in the suggestions forum would like to have a word with you ;P

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: October 13, 2012, 11:55:05 pm »

And the countless suggestions in the suggestions forum would like to have a word with you ;P
The thing is he is still focused on super medieval realism, so if it falls in that path, he will include it in some form or another. If it doesn't, well, not in there.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: October 13, 2012, 11:56:56 pm »

True..

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2092 on: October 14, 2012, 05:12:19 am »

I just don't get it! It clearly says good and peaceful. WHY AREN'T MY DWARVES DYING?!!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: October 14, 2012, 05:17:09 am »

There used to be some good suggestions in the suggestion forum. Like the one that vouched for making oceans not a place of "fuck i dont want to be here its boring" but giving them life.
The difference between MC forums and B12 is that Toady actually READS b12. Notch does not. At the end of alpha he had, what, 20 posts?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: October 14, 2012, 05:48:08 am »

The difference between MC forums and B12 is that Toady actually READS b12. Notch does not. At the end of alpha he had, what, 20 posts?
I guess that's the key difference: Toady scours our forums for stuff. A lot of other one-man devs don't :/

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2095 on: October 14, 2012, 06:00:36 am »

I guess that's the key difference: Toady scours our forums for stuff. A lot of other one-man devs don't :/
Given the average quality of MC forum posts... Who can blame him? In Bay we even try to give our derails quality.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2096 on: October 14, 2012, 06:04:21 am »

Given the average quality of MC forum posts... Who can blame him? In Bay we even try to give our derails quality.
Also the fact that Minecraftforums are an unofficial third party forum that is not run by Mojang, and was in fact contracted out to an external external agency, making them even more crap and non official than they previously were.
Combine that with carebear mods who lock topics and ban you for even mentioning something they disagree with, and why would he bother reading them?
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: October 14, 2012, 06:07:49 am »

dwarf fortress the most complex game ever made rofl? try starcraft bud
Okay, just what.
They had like 40 years of gaming history and they could have picked any one of those games, and they chose Starcraft? That is such a simple and straightforward example of an RTS I don't even...
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: October 14, 2012, 06:14:01 am »

Well.. I wasn't referring to MC in particular when talking about one-man devs, Icefrog was actually the first person other than Toady who sprung to mind. And he doesn't really scour the Playdota forums that much either.

Okay, just what.
They had like 40 years of gaming history and they could have picked any one of those games, and they chose Starcraft? That is such a simple and straightforward example of an RTS I don't even...
On the other hand, balancing is complex. It's the reason SC is still in tourneys while RTSes from the Command and Conquer series aren't there.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2099 on: October 14, 2012, 06:23:52 am »

Okay, just what.
Yeah, as crazysheep said it's all down to the balancing... But in terms of complexity, starcraft is much less complex than DF - and for better reasons too. I guess it's mostly opinionated stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 510