Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004265 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2415 on: October 26, 2012, 10:12:48 pm »

I know it's old by I just came across Bill O'Reilly using "tides come in, tides go out" as an example of something science cannot explain ... therefore God.

Valid_Dark

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wont let me Dream, I wont let you sleep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: October 26, 2012, 11:05:51 pm »

I lol'd
There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't

My milkshake brings all the criminals to justice.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: October 26, 2012, 11:06:32 pm »

Link to Neil deGrasse Tyson incoming?

So, here.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: October 26, 2012, 11:17:45 pm »

These two girls in my history class were arguing over whether the Mayan calendar was supposed to end on the 21st or 23rd of December, this year. This was brought about by some mention of it in a poorly-made History Channel type video. Anyway, one of them said "I know the world is supposed end on the 23rd because that's what I heard, and that's my mom's birthday". Apparently this was convincing enough evidence for the other girl. They then proceeded to talk about how they were going to attend parties and stuff right before those days. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they just wanted an excuse to party; I hope they don't actually buy into any of this stupid mass-hysteria.

bombzero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: October 26, 2012, 11:21:30 pm »

These two girls in my history class were arguing over whether the Mayan calendar was supposed to end on the 21st or 23rd of December, this year. This was brought about by some mention of it in a poorly-made History Channel type video. Anyway, one of them said "I know the world is supposed end on the 23rd because that's what I heard, and that's my mom's birthday". Apparently this was convincing enough evidence for the other girl. They then proceeded to talk about how they were going to attend parties and stuff right before those days. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and assumed they just wanted an excuse to party; I hope they don't actually buy into any of this stupid mass-hysteria.

Next time people talk about the whole "2012 end of the world" thing, ask them one question.

"Do you panic on December 31st of every fucking year?" because that's kinda the end of the calender too...
The Mayans just liked planning ahead further with their dates, on account of not having a "fixed" system.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: October 26, 2012, 11:24:33 pm »

"OH CRAP WE'RE OUT OF LITTLE BOXES ON THE CALENDAR THE WORLD IS DOOMED!"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: October 26, 2012, 11:25:55 pm »

This looks like a job for The Doctor.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: October 26, 2012, 11:26:40 pm »

Next time people talk about the whole "2012 end of the world" thing, ask them one question.

"Do you panic on December 31st of every fucking year?" because that's kinda the end of the calender too...
The Mayans just liked planning ahead further with their dates, on account of not having a "fixed" system.
To be fair, they do PARTY at the end of every year. Maybe some of that is a subconscious fear of the world ending.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: October 26, 2012, 11:29:05 pm »

To be fair, they do PARTY at the end of every year. Maybe some of that is a subconscious fear of the world ending.
Maybe birthday parties are just an expression of our subconscious fear of our lives ending.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: October 26, 2012, 11:30:41 pm »

Maybe birthday parties are just an expression of our subconscious fear of our lives ending.
And Halloween parties are an expression of our subconscious fear of things that go bump in the night.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: October 26, 2012, 11:31:34 pm »

And Halloween parties are an expression of our subconscious fear of things that go bump in the night.
I thought it was an excuse to dress like sluts and act like we're creative?

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: October 26, 2012, 11:33:29 pm »

I thought it was an excuse to dress like sluts and act like we're creative?
Not everyone dresses up like sluts, you know :P
I will concede the creativity part.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: October 26, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »

And Saint Patrick's day expresses our fear that we might have to be sober some day. And Christmas expresses our Universal fear of some day never having our homes broken into by jolly dwarves.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: October 27, 2012, 12:16:16 am »

And for those of us in the States, Independence Day expresses our fear that we might some day not be able to blow stuff up and shoot guns into the air while eating poorly cooked meat.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: October 27, 2012, 12:27:55 am »

Veteran's Day expresses our fear that one day someone might actually not be willing to get themself shot in our name.
Nothing important here, move along.
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 510