Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004354 times)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2490 on: October 29, 2012, 12:26:41 am »

You don't have 1 "left over," since "left over" implies the remainder.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

inteuniso

• Bay Watcher
  • Functionalized carbon is the source.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: October 29, 2012, 12:28:29 am »

I'm pretty sure she thought that 10/10 would equal zero. Everyone around her was bewildered as to how she could not grasp the concept of division and fractions, but it simply would not process in her head.
Lol scratch that I'm building a marijuana factory.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2492 on: October 29, 2012, 12:31:22 am »

I'm pretty sure she thought that 10/10 would equal zero. Everyone around her was bewildered as to how she could not grasp the concept of division and fractions, but it simply would not process in her head.
0% sleep

100% student

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: October 29, 2012, 05:02:25 am »

This thread is becoming a sort of mutated xkcd what if.
"What if hitler genocided everyone himself?"

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: October 29, 2012, 10:50:24 am »

I wonder how Mr. Munroe would respond to that one...

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: October 29, 2012, 12:09:16 pm »

I'm more than willing to pass the torch (bad choice of words) to someone willing to account for proper sleep and other activities, travel time, muscle exhaustion and buildup, etc.

On that note, if Hitler went around stabbing people for 6 years and only used one arm, how much would he resemble a L4D2 charger by the end of it?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: October 29, 2012, 12:23:42 pm »

You know, even Dice counted from 1939 to 1945. He won his first elections in 1933. That would be DOUBLE the time to stab people in the face.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: October 29, 2012, 12:27:39 pm »

You know, even Dice counted from 1939 to 1945. He won his first elections in 1933. That would be DOUBLE the time to stab people in the face.
But he hadn't gotten into the stabbing yet. There was a long period of increasingly tough sanctions, but nothing that warrants personal genocide. Only after WW2 did he really get into it, since then he could hide it better. Still, might be worth it to find out exactly when.

Muscle growth occurs when someone is NOT using their arm, so he'd have to alternate arms. Maybe a break every month or so?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: October 29, 2012, 01:08:43 pm »

Really what we should do is set up a connection between the amount of political power that hitler had and his methods of killing people. So at the beginning he's killing them with slow poison one at a time, then he moves up to stabbing them, and then by the time he reaches his peak of power he's just mowing them down with a machine gun (historically accurate machine gun, of course!).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: October 29, 2012, 01:13:56 pm »

Alright, i'll submit the question.

E:
Done.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 01:18:30 pm by miauw62 »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2500 on: October 29, 2012, 02:20:38 pm »

You don't have 1 "left over," since "left over" implies the remainder.

Remainders are elementary school math anyway.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2501 on: October 29, 2012, 02:36:48 pm »

Ok, lets do the math shall we?

1933 to 1945: thats 13 years. Thats 599594400 seconds, give or take a few either way.

Assuming Hitler is alseep for 40% of that to get a solid 8 hours rest to keep his stabby strength up gives us 239837760 seconds.

In a large urban area, there should be enough people to stab at least one person per 30 seconds, but the first few will lead people to run away, so lets say one stabbing per 100 seconds allowing for chasing, scuffles, escapes and Hitler encountering someone he doesnt want to stab, say Eva Braun or Rommel. This leaves Hitler with around 2398378 attempted stabs. Of this, it will take probably around 3 stabs per person to kill them, meaning around 799459 fatalities. Thats a signifigant proportion of the population of Berlin.

Of course, this is a very crude linear approach. I suppose I could modify it taking into account a variable rate of killing based around a bell curve to mimic the accelerated rate as Hitler levels up and then the drop off as there are less potential victims.

This is a blank sig.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #2502 on: October 29, 2012, 02:38:33 pm »

I think we were operating in a scenario where the Gestapo and SS were herding people into his stabs.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2503 on: October 29, 2012, 02:38:40 pm »

Of course, this is a very crude linear approach. I suppose I could modify it taking into account a variable rate of killing based around a bell curve to mimic the accelerated rate as Hitler levels up and then the drop off as there are less potential victims.

I think we could best calculate an XP gain for every kill based on social standing.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2504 on: October 29, 2012, 02:40:51 pm »

Mayby we could hire a psychologist to predict what perk he would most likely choose after leveling up.

Pages: 1 ... 165 166 [167] 168 169 ... 510