Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002081 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #2745 on: November 05, 2012, 12:46:24 pm »

I didn't realise we wre going to turn this into an scp discussion :P (yes, they have "captured" god). On another note, you said it was being controlled by the roman hierarchy, as i know, but why get rid of the badass factor considering how well it sells in civilizations such as Rome?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: November 05, 2012, 12:49:08 pm »

4 or 8 years from now... all the too young to vote people may just be old enough to vote... if their mindset does not change much.

EDIT: Blurgh, how'd I post this here?

On Herman Kaine and his Video Game policies.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: November 05, 2012, 12:53:16 pm »

I didn't realise we wre going to turn this into an scp discussion :P (yes, they have "captured" god). On another note, you said it was being controlled by the roman hierarchy, as i know, but why get rid of the badass factor considering how well it sells in civilizations such as Rome?

Same reason, that completely escapes me, that they got rid of gladiatorial combat. Some people just HATE when you have fun.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: November 05, 2012, 12:54:12 pm »

So why does God even need a greater plan?
He doesn't have one. or maybe he does. Depends on your intrepretation. ((Don't ignore me.))

Remember when the Christians toke over the Roman empire, or at least their religion. Christianity sold way better than their previous religion.

Actually, one of the tenets preached in Chrsitianity is that we really shouldn't judge anyone, because it's not our place. A 'true' Christian is supposed to be nice to everyone. If a serial killer murdered your family, offer him cookies and try to help him with his issues.
Hate the sin, love the sinner. If your whole further live is dominated by your wrathfull quest to bring that one men down, then what life are you living. Is that life devestated by constant misery and hate worth it.

But what if you forgave him, and managed to continue with your life. Forgiviness is not (only) got for the sinner, but also frees the victim.

Sure this is an extreme example, but that's the gist of the Christianity (or at least one flavour of it.)

Ninjas, again. ((Don't worry guys, I forgive the ;D))

Though ninjaing me while I write my ninjad addendum is a bit much.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: November 05, 2012, 12:55:50 pm »

Though ninjaing me while I write my ninjad addendum is a bit much.

:D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: November 05, 2012, 12:58:11 pm »

What did i do.
Did i really spark a 4-page-long religious debate by mentioning that pagans are awesome?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: November 05, 2012, 01:02:12 pm »

Luxembourg's hitchhiker's guide to the galxy entry? And how many real versions of such are up on the webs?
Reading a thinner book

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: November 05, 2012, 01:09:28 pm »

What did i do.
Did i really spark a 4-page-long religious debate by mentioning that pagans are awesome?

Imagine what would have happened if you went in depth about how awesome pagans are. There would have been world wide war.
He's fucking with us.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: November 05, 2012, 01:10:16 pm »

Luxembourg's hitchhiker's guide to the galxy entry? And how many real versions of such are up on the webs?
Wait what how when where and why don't I know about this?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: November 05, 2012, 01:23:53 pm »

What did i do.

Imagine what would have happened if you went in depth about how awesome pagans are. There would have been world wide war.
Not really. Long in depth things tend to be ignored.

Wait what how when where and why don't I know about this?
Sort of precessor to wikipedia. Something of a copy between tvtropes and the former actually.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:28:53 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: November 05, 2012, 01:26:44 pm »

I feel offended that they label our language a dialect.

Who am I kidding I couldn't give any less fucks.

Luxembourg is home to Auchan, possibly the world's greatest supermarket.
They don't have any twigglets. Fucking disqualified.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 01:28:39 pm by Darvi »

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: November 05, 2012, 01:34:40 pm »

If any of us ever go into space, then a copy of the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy must be taken with us. Also, it would be incredible to have an author do a reading from space.
Reading a thinner book

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: November 05, 2012, 02:09:37 pm »

All that debate on agnosticism vs. atheism. You seem to forget, they don't close each other out. I am personally agnostic atheist. Means "I don't know if god exists, but I don't think he does." Gnostic atheist would be "I know god doesn't exist." (not very common)

Agnostic theist is "I don't know if god exists, but I think he does." and gnostic theist (the more common theist) is "I know god exists."

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: November 05, 2012, 02:13:23 pm »

All that debate on agnosticism vs. atheism. You seem to forget, they don't close each other out. I am personally agnostic atheist. Means "I don't know if god exists, but I don't think he does." Gnostic atheist would be "I know god doesn't exist." (not very common)

Agnostic theist is "I don't know if god exists, but I think he does." and gnostic theist (the more common theist) is "I know god exists."
I've seen quite a few of type 2 around actually.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: November 05, 2012, 02:14:53 pm »

I'm generally a Gnostic Atheist. :P I just don't try to push it because people get all silly over that whole deal.
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 510