Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1004134 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #3480 on: January 17, 2013, 10:21:33 am »

Th Ladder Theory arguement says that all men are inherently attracted to women, the real question is whether it's to a degree that it will matter.
Except gay men, asexual men, and men who aren't physically attracted to all women, sure!

Well, even asexual men can be attracted to women, romantically, assuming they are hetero/bi/panromantic

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3481 on: January 17, 2013, 02:49:33 pm »

...You don't understand what 'Asexual' means in this context, do you?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3482 on: January 17, 2013, 03:01:18 pm »

He has a point though.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3483 on: January 17, 2013, 03:23:48 pm »

I'm unsure of the qualifications necessary for such a profession, but I do believe you need some experience in art, so those grades of course matter.

Yeah, you need to go to college to be a tattoo artist.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3484 on: January 17, 2013, 06:07:13 pm »

I'm unsure of the qualifications necessary for such a profession, but I do believe you need some experience in art, so those grades of course matter.

I guess you don't exactly need to...

"Stacey's Tattoo Studio! Now with 50% less HIV!"
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3485 on: January 17, 2013, 07:04:07 pm »

He has a point though.
Generally speaking, people who are labelled "asexual" are also aromantic. Sort of like how 99% of atheists are actually agnostic atheists. They're just not that into you, or anyone else, for that matter.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3486 on: January 17, 2013, 07:05:23 pm »

I guess you don't exactly need to...

"Stacey's Tattoo Studio! Now with 50% less HIV!"
no refunds.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3487 on: January 18, 2013, 08:44:42 am »

He has a point though.
Generally speaking, people who are labelled "asexual" are also aromantic.
Huh. I didn't know that. I always thought that "asexual" refers to the whole spectrum of romantic orientations, not preferring a single one over others even slightly.

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #3488 on: January 18, 2013, 09:02:43 am »

He has a point though.
Huh. I didn't know that. I always thought that "asexual" refers to the whole spectrum of romantic orientations, not preferring a single one over others even slightly.
You're thinking of Pansexual. And it's not a lack of preference as much as a complete disregard of.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3489 on: January 18, 2013, 09:12:59 am »

He has a point though.
Generally speaking, people who are labelled "asexual" are also aromantic. Sort of like how 99% of atheists are actually agnostic atheists. They're just not that into you, or anyone else, for that matter.

I'd argue that most are a. absolute atheists for a benevolent god, and b. flat earth atheists for anything else.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3490 on: January 18, 2013, 10:14:03 am »

Th Ladder Theory argument says that all men are inherently attracted to women, the real question is whether it's to a degree that it will matter.
Except gay men, asexual men, and men who aren't physically attracted to all women, sure!
And the caveat. If a man does not want to have sex with you, or rather, would not have sex with you if you asked him and told him there would be no repercussions or expected relationship or ANYTHING, he therefore a) does not find you atracttive, or more accurately attractive compared with others, or b) is gay. Technically, the latter is a set of the former, since a gay men does not think a woman is sexually attractive to him compared with a male.

So yes.
He has a point though.

I'd argue that most are a. absolute atheists for a benevolent god, and b. flat earth atheists for anything else.
He has a point though.

What's a flat-earth atheist?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3491 on: January 18, 2013, 10:18:52 am »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FlatEarthAtheist

Read: a disbeliever who lives in a world where the things he doesn't believe in do actually exist.

Think Seargant Simony from Small Gods.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:21:04 am by Darvi »

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3492 on: January 18, 2013, 01:31:46 pm »

He has a point though.
You're thinking of Pansexual. And it's not a lack of preference as much as a complete disregard of.
Look again. "romantic orientations" What I meant was that I consider asexual to mean a person who isn't interested in sex, but can be romantically attracted to whatever. As in: Asexual means heteroromantic, homoromantic, biromantic, aromantic, panromantic and any other -romantic asexuals equally, so long as they don't give a fuck about sex. Keep in mind, I am heteroromantic asexual. I think I know what asexual means.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3493 on: January 18, 2013, 01:37:36 pm »

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FlatEarthAtheist

Read: a disbeliever who lives in a world where the things he doesn't believe in do actually exist.

Think Seargant Simony from Small Gods.

Not always Darvi, though TV Tropes is sometimes confused on its own subjects. Hence why I always think linking TVtropes is lazy.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3494 on: January 18, 2013, 01:49:03 pm »

Breaking news: I am lazy.
Pages: 1 ... 231 232 [233] 234 235 ... 510