Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 410 411 [412] 413 414 ... 510

Author Topic: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say  (Read 1002240 times)

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
Re: Amazingly Stupid Things You've Heard People Say
« Reply #6165 on: September 05, 2013, 04:58:59 pm »

"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them." - George Bush
George Bush is just a renewable resource for stupid quotes.
But that's not a stupid quote. It's actually fairly wise. You can have overarching opinions, but singular thoughts that disagree. I think humanity should continue living. Every time I meet another waste of space, I disagree with that.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6166 on: September 05, 2013, 06:55:51 pm »

Not really a stupid thing my Spanish teacher said, but really a stupid thing she did that could have been prevented if she had even thought for a minute about the lesson she had planned before executing it.

So we're working on an essay, okay, whatever. For some reason, I've apparently been doing it wrong all this time and the best way to write an essay is to pick out individual words and link them together in a Powerpoint-but-not-Powerpoint sort of diagram. Okay, whatever. The school has around 30 new mini iPads, and my Spanish teacher wanted us to use them to do this.

This is all well and good, except for one fatal problem.

The entire website is based in Flash. She wanted us to use the iPads to use a Flash application.

The real kicker? She's the most blindly, irritatingly snobbish and devoted Apple fangirl I have ever seen. Of all the people in the world, she should be the one who would know that iOS doesn't support Flash. But of course, she wouldn't even have to know that iOS didn't support Flash if she'd taken ten minutes out of her life to see if the website would work on the stupid things anyway.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6167 on: September 05, 2013, 07:43:46 pm »

Here's some really stupid celebrity quotes;
“I can’t really remember the names of the clubs that we went to.” – Shaquille O’Neal on whether he had visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece.
“I’ve never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don’t like eating fish. And I know that’s very popular out there in Africa.” -Britney Spears
“Do they like make walls there?” - Paris Hilton, talking about wal-mart.
“Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff.” - Mariah Carey
“I guess I’m gonna fade into Bolivian.” – Mike Tyson
"I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
"I have opinions of my own --strong opinions-- but I don't always agree with them." - George Bush
"Food is an important part of a balanced diet." - Fran Lebowitz
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight." - George Gobel
"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." - Lou Duva
"If only faces could talk..." - Pat Summerall
"I'm not anorexic. I'm from Texas. Are there people from Texas that are anorexic? I've never heard of one. And that includes me." - Jessica Simpson
It seems like a lot of these are jokes.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6168 on: September 05, 2013, 08:41:50 pm »

THANK you! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6169 on: September 05, 2013, 08:43:14 pm »

Here's some really stupid celebrity quotes;
“I can’t really remember the names of the clubs that we went to.” – Shaquille O’Neal on whether he had visited the Parthenon during his visit to Greece.
“I’ve never really wanted to go to Japan. Simply because I don’t like eating fish. And I know that’s very popular out there in Africa.” -Britney Spears
“Do they like make walls there?” - Paris Hilton, talking about wal-mart.
“Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over the world, I can’t help but cry. I mean I’d love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff.” - Mariah Carey
“I guess I’m gonna fade into Bolivian.” – Mike Tyson
"I think gay marriage is something that should be between a man and a woman." - Arnold Schwarzenegger
"Food is an important part of a balanced diet." - Fran Lebowitz
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by candlelight." - George Gobel
"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." - Lou Duva
"If only faces could talk..." - Pat Summerall
"I'm not anorexic. I'm from Texas. Are there people from Texas that are anorexic? I've never heard of one. And that includes me." - Jessica Simpson
It seems like a lot of these are jokes.
Might be. I've never been to the website I got these from before, so I have no idea weather or not they were serious, though I can confirm that the "if only faces could talk" guy did actually say that, cause he said it during the Superbowl.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 09:38:36 pm by Redzephyr01 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6170 on: September 05, 2013, 09:14:02 pm »

"He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is." - The Most Interesting Man In The World
FTFY
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6171 on: September 06, 2013, 05:43:13 pm »

"Ninety percent of the game [baseball] is half mental." - Yogi Berra

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6172 on: September 06, 2013, 05:54:01 pm »

"Ninety percent of the game [baseball] is half mental." - Yogi Berra

That...actually makes sense, if you assume the other 10% is purely physical or purely mental without being a mix. (Say, planning, or muscle memory)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6173 on: September 06, 2013, 05:57:55 pm »

Another Yogi Berra-ism that makes a little bit of sense: "The future ain't what it used to be."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6174 on: September 06, 2013, 06:35:25 pm »

That makes more than a little sense, MZ.

Now where's my jetpack?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6175 on: September 07, 2013, 10:07:13 pm »

I still want a hoverboard.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6176 on: September 07, 2013, 11:37:12 pm »

Another Yogi Berra-ism that makes a little bit of sense: "The future ain't what it used to be."
Translation: He(?) is the time traveler that's to blame for us not having flying cars, unlimited clean energy, and world peace. Entirety of the world's geopolitical strife is due to that bastard screwing with things to ruin the future. And that -ism is Berra's way of barefacedly mocking us all.

I don't even know who the guy is, but I think I may hate 'im a little.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6177 on: September 08, 2013, 07:43:34 am »

He's a baseball player, I think.

The Darkling Wolf