Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 452841 times)

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #690 on: September 20, 2013, 07:21:29 pm »

They dont get 6/6/6 leaders. For instance Britian starts with a very shitty leader.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: September 20, 2013, 09:20:39 pm »

Key word there is starts. After their second king they will never have a bad monarch, ever. And that's just unfun.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: September 21, 2013, 07:02:45 am »

They dont get 6/6/6 leaders. For instance Britian starts with a very shitty leader.
They get a bonus to their randomly generated monarchs. Something like +1/2 to each skill.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: September 21, 2013, 03:41:36 pm »

They aren't completely immune to bad or mediocre monarchs, but I'd like to see them get them more frequently.

It's mostly the same as it was in EU3, at any rate.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: September 23, 2013, 05:50:33 am »

Patch notes of v1.2 have been released!

And yes, that are seven different threads. Don't ask me why.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: September 23, 2013, 06:03:59 am »

A full list that isn't spread over seven threads.

The patch will likely be released tomorrow as well as the two new DLCs. American Dream and National Monuments 2.
American Dream seems like a major disappointment as it only adds new decisions and events for the USA. I was hoping for a DLC focusing on better revolter states with dynamic naming based off the previous overlord's culture. Right now it's all just useless fluff for a country that rarely forms and which only exist near the end of the timeline. 

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: September 23, 2013, 06:09:25 am »

Damn. do you have any idea how long it took to put all those links in that post? At least 2 minutes I think :v

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #697 on: September 23, 2013, 06:30:36 am »

Gaining Cores

Size penalty on coring is now reduced by about 0,2% each year, down to basically 0 at 1800.
    Default core time modifier from size of country reduced by 20%.
    Coring colonies you colonized now takes 50% of the time & coring provinces of your own culture is now quicker.
    The russian idea Subednik is now 15% cheaper cores instead of +10% tax income.
    Coring a province can no longer take more than 20 years, no matter what.
    Claims no longer have any major impact on coring time, its just a 10% bonus.
    You now only get cores on your vassals/unions if they have cores on those provinces.
    Making a province you colonized into a core now costs the same anywhere in the world. aka, Russia gets Siberia for same price as Spain gets south america.

WCs might be possible now without ridiculous hijinks (if no one has checked it out, look at that Ryukyu WC. First recorded WC for the game, I think, and it's full of exploits and abusing broken mechanics to achieve it, and a lot of the bugfixes in the patch are pretty much the devs looking at that AAR and going "Oh shit, gotta fix that.").
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: September 23, 2013, 06:55:23 am »

Patch notes of v1.2 have been released!

And yes, that are seven different threads. Don't ask me why.
You missed one

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: September 23, 2013, 07:01:01 am »

Yeah, he's still making threads.

edit:

"- [AI] Will no longer agree to buy non-core non-claim provinces if they are a vassal"
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 09:17:02 am by Dutchling »

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: September 24, 2013, 08:01:52 am »

Patch is out, things are looking pretty good. 
The ideas still haven't been completely balanced and it looks like diplomacy, defensive and religious are still the key players. Most notable change is that the -25% core cost discount was moved from diplo into admin making it almost not an undeniable waste of MP.

Most nations have ideas now except for the natives and a few minors. Some of the more interesting ideas groups that I wouldn't mind trying are Tuscany and Irish. Tuscany in particular has no military ideas but makes up for it with decent discounts in idea and tech cost. Coupled with some decent increases in the economy and it might make an interesting exodus to the new world nation if exploration is rushed.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: September 24, 2013, 09:46:03 am »

Okay, so I'm playing Japan, and I got totally overrun by catholics. I didn't understand the "Western Trade" was the thing causing provinces to catholic, so I switched to Despotic Monarchy to lower rebel spawn rate. Of course it didn't work, and I can't pass the decision to stop western trade until my legitimacy is back to 75, which should take over 50 years.

In the meantime, half of my provinces are catholic and around 200,000 rebels dispersed in 27 armies are occupying the whole of the Japanese Island chain as well as some part of my Chinese holdings.

So I'm wondering what I should do. Try to hold on and beat the odds? Edit my savefile to orthodox so I can give in to the rebels? Give me some legitimacy? I mean, the rebel spawn rate is just ridiculous and not being able to give in without cheating make me sad.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: September 24, 2013, 09:51:26 am »

Was that all post-patch? As it should have been fixed by now I think.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: September 24, 2013, 11:42:35 am »

As someone who gets a bit obsessed owning the complete experience I ended up buying all of the Crusader Kings II dlc as they came out. I'm a bit jaded this time around though - A 5$ DLC with events and artwork? No thanks. You can get that kind of thing from mods for free.  At least Legacy of Rome from Crusader Kings II added more gameplay mechanics along with the flavour at the same price point.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: September 24, 2013, 11:49:38 am »

Apparently the American Dream DLC was a preorder backup project in case the CK2 converter didn't end up working. Hopefully this is the end of the useless nation fluff DLC and we start seeing much bigger DLCs with a wider scope. I'm still not completely convinced that the CK2 DLC model can work well with EU4 considering that all countries are already playable and locking out key gameplay mechanics will likely not sit well with people.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 216