Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 452844 times)

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #915 on: November 12, 2013, 02:25:58 pm »

IIRC: yes you can.

I hope so. Coring all that myself will be a huge pain plus I'll have to get a ton of aggressive expansion if I do it militarily.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 12, 2013, 02:30:45 pm »

Pretty sure you need a royal marriage to diplo-vassalise. You can't royal marriage with heathens.
With India you'll want to expand via vassal feeding, it's actually easier than most areas since it's so culturally heterogeneous and there's plenty of revolter states to free and feed.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 12, 2013, 02:38:00 pm »

Pretty sure you need a royal marriage to diplo-vassalise. You can't royal marriage with heathens.
With India you'll want to expand via vassal feeding, it's actually easier than most areas since it's so culturally heterogeneous and there's plenty of revolter states to free and feed.

I diplo vassalize militarily. I was asking about diploannexing.

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 12, 2013, 02:42:27 pm »

Whoops. You most certainly can. It's the main strategy behind vassal feeding.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #919 on: November 12, 2013, 02:49:27 pm »

Vassal feeding is increasing a vassal's size via rebels/return core wargoals, right?

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 12, 2013, 03:05:46 pm »

Yes and also selling them rich or similar culture/religion provinces.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 12, 2013, 04:00:36 pm »

Someday Paradox will come up with a system that doesn't require dumb exploits. After a solid 300 hours of gameplay, today in my current game was the first time I did vassal feeding and its dull and dumb. I just win a ton of wars, release nations, vassalize, afk to post here for 5-10 minutes, go back, hit the annex button, afk for 5-10 more minutes and then you have to start all over again. So annoying.

Sadly the anti-blob legions on the pplaza forums will make this kind of mind numbing crap par for the course in grand strategy for all eternity.

Chaoswizkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Bring on the Chaos
    • View Profile
    • Realms of Kar'Kaish New Site
« Reply #922 on: November 12, 2013, 04:25:31 pm »

If you're waiting 5-10 minutes each time then you aren't declaring enough wars, fabricating claims, influencing diplomatic relations, building up your armies, etc. Your argument would have more merit if you could really argue that there are long stretches of time where you do nothing, but I haven't seen that happen for anyone other than natives or if you don't really want to fight wars and you want to build a trade empire or colonial empire or something like that. Admittedly, there could be more events and such for not being at war for a long time, or war but where you haven't lost any manpower from fighting (in the case of alliances where you don't believe your forces would accomplish anything). Those events might have bonuses to trade or maybe trading manpower for an increase in settlers for your colonies.
Administrator of the Realms of Kar'Kaish Project.

MoLAoS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 12, 2013, 05:53:39 pm »

If you're waiting 5-10 minutes each time then you aren't declaring enough wars, fabricating claims, influencing diplomatic relations, building up your armies, etc. Your argument would have more merit if you could really argue that there are long stretches of time where you do nothing, but I haven't seen that happen for anyone other than natives or if you don't really want to fight wars and you want to build a trade empire or colonial empire or something like that. Admittedly, there could be more events and such for not being at war for a long time, or war but where you haven't lost any manpower from fighting (in the case of alliances where you don't believe your forces would accomplish anything). Those events might have bonuses to trade or maybe trading manpower for an increase in settlers for your colonies.

I tend to declare a shit ton of wars at once. So I fought every single nation in India at once in order to split up everyone into smaller nations to vassalize. I also conquered some lands on the southern tip. I just got the Euro coalition on me to clear up, too.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 13, 2013, 07:06:22 am »

I find the game to be pretty dull if you're not at war. Crusader Kings and Victoria have a lot more things to keep you busy when you aren't fighting.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #925 on: November 13, 2013, 09:13:10 am »

Sadly, coring a province quite quickly takes a few years.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 13, 2013, 03:28:39 pm »

fabricating claims, influencing diplomatic relations, building up your armies,

I.e sitting around and waiting.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 13, 2013, 04:31:55 pm »

Argh, stupid north African nations being ridiculously hard to core! All I need is those three provinces and I'll be fine with no overextension, but nooooo. I'd release them as a vassal but I can't because they weren't ever an independent nation.

EDIT: Also, Jesus Christ, Tangiers, how many religious rebels are you going to produce?

EDITEDIT: EXTREME CARTOGRAPHY:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 08:33:38 pm by ShoesandHats »

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 14, 2013, 11:37:48 pm »

Oh my god why do people care so much about the Incans? I'm drowning in rebels here!

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 15, 2013, 01:00:09 pm »

Oh my god why do people care so much about the Incans? I'm drowning in rebels here!
Kill a bunch of them. Then treat them all harshly.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 216