Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 216

Author Topic: Europa Universalis IV  (Read 451503 times)

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
Re: Europa Universalis IV
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2013, 10:31:12 am »

Oh? That's good to hear. Guess I'll be getting a little present for back home then :)

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
  • [FORTRESSDESTROYER:2]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 13, 2013, 10:39:12 am »

Glad to have helped.

I did some research after my friend complained that the coupon wasn't working and apparently the 20% no longer works for EUIV. GMG often releases a couple coupons a month so I'll post up another if it appears.  :(
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:54:20 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 02, 2013, 09:49:31 pm »

So has anyone seen this? link
MFW Animist Mexico

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 25, 2013, 09:26:27 am »

I decided to resurrect this thread since there are some exciting things going on for EUIV.

First of all we have the lovely playthrough of a press release by a Quill18. He's playing as England and shows off a lot of the new features which have quelled almost all my fears about EUIV.

Second, people have been receiving their incentives for the Call of Arms campaign. The e-books and EUIII code have been sent out but the DLC and forum badge will not come out just before the release.

Third, speaking of release we have the release coming very soon. April August 13. You preorder on Amazon using the code "gooncave" for 15% off (that coupon may expire soon).

Lastly there's the "Paradox Platypus Homecoming Event" which is a Paradox run meet-up in Sydney city on the 7th of April. It's mostly going to be publicity and marketing but there will most likely me some small incentives and a one hour EUIV presentation "plus another game" (which may not have been announced yet). 
I've sent my RSVP email and I seem to be on the list so it's likely I'll be going. If you're in the area and have an interest in EUIV I'd RSVP as quickly as possible as they state there's only 50 positions.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 09:32:22 am by Catastrophic lolcats »

Maldevious

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2013, 09:27:45 am »

Third speaking of release we have the release coming very soon. August 13. You preorder on Amazon using the code "gooncave" for 15% off (that coupon may expire soon).

FTFY

Catastrophic lolcats

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 25, 2013, 09:31:52 am »

Whoops. I'm sure lots of people have confused a Roman emperor and the Greek god of love ...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 25, 2013, 10:41:38 am »

Why does Quill not upload a torrent of the game!?

He's so selfish :v

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 25, 2013, 11:13:06 am »

I'd be fine with just another preview video. Must.. see.. colonization.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2013, 05:50:52 pm »

I'm pretty excited for this.

Anyone up for a multiplayer match? I hear hot joining will be in.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2013, 04:16:11 am »

I'll be setting one up I'm sure, but I'm out of the (my) country until the 13th, so it probably won't be on release. I'll make sure to post in here when I do get it started, though

Vel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2013, 06:32:55 am »

Definitely getting this! Had lots of fun with EU 3 back in the day. Maybe I'll play Poland and see if they can into space; their country-specific ideas are pretty good military stuff.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2013, 07:34:09 am »

Nice:

Quote from: Wiz (dev)
Quote from: Dutchling
Quote from: Wiz (dev)
Yes, there are difficulty settings for the AI.
I assume they work like EU3 and don't actually make the AI 'smarter' but just makes it get static bonuses or penalties?
That would be an incorrect assumption. :)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2013, 12:03:07 pm »

I'll be setting one up I'm sure, but I'm out of the (my) country until the 13th, so it probably won't be on release. I'll make sure to post in here when I do get it started, though
That might be for the best, to let people try out the new things before actually getting serious.

Nice:
Oh, neat.

Fun trivia for those who don't know: Wiz was (and still is for the moment) a CK2 modder. Specifically, the sole dedicated mod maker (as far as I know) of the CK2+ mod (though that won't be for long as he's quitting the mod soon).
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2013, 12:23:23 pm »

I might join the MP but I'm incredibly non-competitive when it comes to Paradox games :P. Might play some Asian nations as these thing never last long enough for exploration to really kick in anyway.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2013, 01:47:21 pm »

Yeah, you're not alone in passiveness. I just have a hard time justifying hurting the hard work of others.

As for not lasting long enough, last EU3 game we had we had even after you left definitely had exploration.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 216