Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Bay12 Space Program  (Read 16990 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bay12 Space Program
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2012, 12:14:33 pm »

I'm assuming that the smart bombs are building destroyers.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2012, 12:20:52 pm »

I was just offering resources, not joining, I haven't modded for dwarf fortress for far too long, pre-40d  :-\
Even then I wasn't very good at it, and everything has changed since then for the most part.
A dwarf is nothing but an alcohol powered beard.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2012, 03:03:54 pm »

Would we be able to capture and reuse these smartbombs somehow against our enemies?

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2012, 03:07:46 pm »

Would we be able to capture and reuse these smartbombs somehow against our enemies?
seems like a simple case of making them tamable, possibly trainable as 'hunting' smart bombs to chase down the space mans target.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2012, 07:54:30 pm »

It's a shame wagons are hardcoded.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2012, 10:20:26 pm »

seems like a simple case of making them tamable, possibly trainable as 'hunting' smart bombs to chase down the space mans target.
Can we train members of enemy civs?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

NRN_R_Sumo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2012, 01:42:19 am »

Can we train members of enemy civs?

Not that I know of, but I believe you should be able to train animals captured from sieges.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2012, 03:22:57 am »

Hm. Or maybe we can use them as a sort of trap? Lay them in cages in a pit, lead invaders in, open the cages?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2012, 05:03:23 am »

The derail, it's reproducing...

Anyway, are we going to keep the current system of workshops, or make our own. If so, I can help with inspiration. I'd go for a mostly powerbased economy, where power is being produced by nuclear reactors or solar pannels or other things.(If needed, these can be simulated by using windmills for mechanical power, then having a battery unit(which is going to be used by almost all buildings) which can be charged by milling at a Quern(Is this possible?)).

Spoiler: Suggested buildings (click to show/hide)

Also, Mars is mainly a low temperature desert, with no vegetation and no cave species. However, for gameplay values, I suggest going with a semi terraformed Mars, where trees can already survive, but humans can not. (Ie, mostly conifers). Adding Mars species might be fun too.

Solar flares should definitevely be added most optimally as editable weather(though I think that might be hardcoded). In that case maybe better as a sieging enemy or an animal* that gives of a slowly killing and painfull syndrome. (The enemy can be called Aurora or something, to give the impression that it's actually a phenomenon rather than a creature.) Should have building destroyes, and best would be if it had a limited lifetime in one way or another. Should do extra damage to robotic creatures, and if possible none against radiation proved robots/ armored targets

*This might be the best option. A flying creature giving of a gas(does that spread around) effect in a large radius.

Civs could be:
- Our civ, bay 12 colonists
- Bay12 loyalists: A friendly civ that doesn't expand in worldgen. Exists solely to trade with us. Intended to simulate resupplies. (Caravans should be kept small and irregular)
- Terraforming bots: Neutral civ. Might trade, might not trade
- Earth forces: Hostile
- Aliens: Most probably hostile.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2012, 09:41:09 am »

You can add new weather via interactions. A fog of radioactive stuff should work pretty well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2012, 10:05:47 am »

In the original thread, we agreed we would have to fight vengeful plutonians, so theres that.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2012, 12:29:28 pm »

Maybe we have natives?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2012, 01:13:34 pm »

Hm...natives sound more plausible, especially if they originated from a bit of foolishness on the part of the B.I.O.G.L.a.D.O.S. plus time.
Sig

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2012, 02:30:45 pm »

The derail, it's reproducing...

Anyway, are we going to keep the current system of workshops, or make our own. If so, I can help with inspiration. I'd go for a mostly powerbased economy, where power is being produced by nuclear reactors or solar pannels or other things.(If needed, these can be simulated by using windmills for mechanical power, then having a battery unit(which is going to be used by almost all buildings) which can be charged by milling at a Quern(Is this possible?)).

It's very possible; I made the science mod specifically to do this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2012, 02:43:39 pm »

Wait, you can make chargeable batteries that can be charged at querns? Cool.
Sig
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7