Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Liberal Crime Ponies?  (Read 9740 times)

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Crime Ponies?
« Reply #90 on: August 29, 2012, 10:33:18 am »

moding DF is really easy , once you get all the tags , you can mod in anything .

LCS is harder to mod , because the tags are more complicated .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!
Breainfreez : wait .... really ?

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 29, 2012, 10:47:28 am »

Dude, they have a MLP mod for Dwarf Fortress.  It's called Pony Fortress or something.  I think it changes dwarves into ponies.

EDIT: It's called Pony Mod: My Little Fortress.  It's up to 138 pages.  Link

I know. I don't really want to think about it.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 29, 2012, 10:49:17 am »

moding DF is really easy , once you get all the tags , you can mod in anything .

LCS is harder to mod , because the tags are more complicated .
No, i made a mod with 20+ weapons and armor, and some cars. DF is definetely harder if you are a beginner, as LCS tags explain themselves, and there are a lot fewer to add.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 29, 2012, 10:51:13 am »

Yeah, but doing anything else than adding items is pretty hard.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 29, 2012, 10:58:54 am »

Locations are annoying, true, and also NPC's, but items are the whole meaning with mods for LCS :P

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 29, 2012, 10:59:43 am »

DF is pretty much only tags , LCS is more than just tags .
I am currently investigating what Brainfreez is on. It is the greatest drug that any man, woman, kobold or pony has ever seen, going off of that everything he posts is pure win.
Sleyerhero90 : You're battle-rapping with a guy who supported THE SAME FREAKING GUY YOU DO!

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 29, 2012, 11:00:12 am »

Locations are annoying, true, and also NPC's, but items are the whole meaning with mods for LCS :P

This seems a bit circular to me. I'd say that the reason "items are the whole meaning with mods for LCS" is that modding anything else significantly is too difficult for people to bother.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 29, 2012, 11:03:53 am »

This seems a bit circular to me. I'd say that the reason "items are the whole meaning with mods for LCS" is that modding anything else significantly is too difficult for people to bother.
Well, there just is nothing left to add for locations, and NPC's are not something that is worth it.

brainfreez

• Bay Watcher
  • THIS IS !
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 29, 2012, 03:19:31 pm »

there could be added a bank .

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 29, 2012, 03:48:40 pm »

Well, there just is nothing left to add for locations, and NPC's are not something that is worth it.
I'm certain if it didn't require diving into the code itself, lots of cool new locations and NPCs could be added/modified.

For instance: What about adding a Gym, populated by the new NPCs of Professional Wrestler, Professional Boxer, Promoter, Referee, and Announcer?

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 02, 2012, 09:02:41 pm »

1. Yes, it is completely possible to make ridiculously dark works involving ponies (c.f. Cupcakes, Fallout: Equestria)

2. Make this happen. "Friendship Crime Squad", fighting the evil rule of the discordians. "I live in Manehattan, Equestria, and it's about to experience major change". Go to the Cider Bar, persuade a Magician, an Apple Bucker, and a Baker to join your cause, and go to kick discordian ass.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #101 on: September 02, 2012, 11:48:01 pm »

(remove brewing kerfuffle)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Capital Fish

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hi Mister Dog!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 03, 2012, 12:23:47 am »

I'm not familiar with the show, so this may be a very stupid question, but do ponies have hands? Can they hold things? Seems to me that holding things (guns, loot, hostages) is pretty important for the game to work. Though I suppose there are workarounds...
Find the errors in the above post and win a prize!

MrWiggles

• Bay Watcher
  • Doubt Everything
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 03, 2012, 12:37:06 am »

I'm not familiar with the show, so this may be a very stupid question, but do ponies have hands? Can they hold things? Seems to me that holding things (guns, loot, hostages) is pretty important for the game to work. Though I suppose there are workarounds...
Everything in Ponyverse is made for human hands, but the ponies have creepily flexible hooves and mouthes. It presents no issue.
Doesn't like running from bears = clearly isn't an Eastern European
I'm Making a Mush! Navitas: City Limits ~ Inspired by Dresden Files and SCP.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=113699.msg3470055#msg3470055
http://www.tf2items.com/id/MisterWigggles666#

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 03, 2012, 01:39:17 am »

I'd just appreciate if you weren't ruining the LCS subforum with a bunch of unnecessary topics.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8