Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 16:[Need for speed:treetops]{Accepting 2 new players!}  (Read 40156 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 4 [Plants Vs Orcs]
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2012, 08:18:39 pm »

"Pfft, too formal. I need a good name for you like a new pet. Wiggles? Softy maybe. Colonel Biscuits! Would you like to be Colonel Biscuits, widdle fuzzy thing?" she finished, ruthlessly playing with his face and ears.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2012, 09:11:17 pm »

"Dear god, you remind me of my sister...C'mon we need to...wait. What exactly DO we need to do?"
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2012, 11:52:50 pm »

"Would you like to be Colonel Biscuits, widdle fuzzy thing?" she finished, ruthlessly playing with his face and ears.
Tatsuo squirmed a bit as Silk attacked him, making little noises like that of a small furry animal being cuddled. "...Fine..." he said amidst blushing and panting that would most certainly cause the members of his family dedicated to combat facepalm with all their might and blame it on the amount of time wasted trying to train him as a member of the religious order.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 07, 2012, 07:27:49 pm »

Dharma was satisfied with the previous night's progress. He knew what to expect now from the desert, but he wasn't yet sure how to deal with its dangers. Preventing dehydration seemed to be something the caravan would be familiar and comfortable with. Sandstorms should cause nothing more than a delay assuming the caravan carries some form of shelter. Quicksand and mirages, if identifiable, should be no threat to the caravan either, though exercising caution against them could only make the team safer. He was less confident about the prospect of facing a sand witch, even if such an encounter was probably rare. Dharma considered using his confusion spell on a sand witch, and quickly scanned the spell in his book. He doubted the mental bewitchment would work on a real witch, especially one so ancient. In fact, Dharma couldn't hope to defeat a witch in a magic battle with any spell. Dharma gave off a sigh of distraught. He didn't like unsolvable problems. He used to believe there was always a right answer, but since leaving his home and seeing the greater world Dharma has learned this might not be the case. Then an idea hit him. If magic won't work against a sand witch, maybe punching will. The strongest member of his team would have to be Khan, but even he might not be strong enough. If a spell was cast on Khan that magically imbued him with even more strength though, one lucky shot could be enough to subdue a witch. But if Dharma goes this path and Khan goes down, so will the entire team. A healing spell should be in order. Learning two spells in one night would be tricky, but not impossible with Dharma's innate talent for spell learning. He spent the entire day and much of the night in the library studying the two spells.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 08:57:47 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2012, 08:52:43 pm »

Tatsuo squirmed a bit as Silk attacked him, making little noises like that of a small furry animal being cuddled. "...Fine..." he said amidst blushing and panting that would most certainly cause the members of his family dedicated to combat facepalm with all their might and blame it on the amount of time wasted trying to train him as a member of the religious order.
"Dawwww, I was kidding," Silk said, moving to outright hugging the foxboy like a teddy bear. "I'll call you Fluffy or something."

Then she began scratching behind his ears. Things with large ears liked that, right?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2012, 10:37:52 pm »

Then she began scratching behind his ears. Things with large ears liked that, right?
"..Awww.." Tatsuo let out while panting, blushing even more in the process. If the foxboy happened to be particularly religious, he would probably feel Kyuubi staring at him with penetrating eyes, disappointed at his lowly behavior exactly in that moment.

He was just lucky he had abandoned the religious side of the family.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter RTD: Turn 5 [Gasp! Blood red eyes, Dark hair!?? VAMPIRE!]
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2012, 04:36:04 am »

Back to index

Turn 5: Gasp! Blood red eyes, Dark hair!?? VAMPIRE!.

Before you continue.

1. Please read your action first then the story, otherwise the chronology may be strange.
2. Discussion mode/talk mode, functions just like combat. I will send you a link to a quicktopic thread. There I will engage in a conversation with the players which are having the conversation, this is amongst other than to receive quests a way to obtain information or broker for better rewards.
3. If you spot any data mistakes, like didn't add skill to skill tab or no item descriptions. Then please inform me so i can fix it.
4. If you feel like it, please comment on my writing style ,story or imagination and what I could improve. As I'm trying to improve my English writing skills, but as a non-native English speaker I’m having some troubles.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Odursel
The group quickly arrives at the doorstep of the house, close up it’s in fact a mansion. You nervously take the hanging ring shaped as vampire wings and bang a few times on the door. Time passes but eventually you hear some footsteps. The door opens, and you see an old servant. He’s dressed very well and has a small moustache and short cut hair. He must be probably in his 60-ties, which is quite old for a Human.

“My master is expecting you, come in.”
You walk into the mansion, it’s quite empty in here and dusty as well. Candles are lit on various places and it’s quite dark. You follow the servant up the stairs and a few long hallways, in the end you find yourself in a chamber with a lit fireplace. The interior in here is different from the rest of the house, what stands out the most are 2 leather chairs with a small round table in the middle near the fireplace. In one of the chairs sits a man, he has black hair and a glass of wine in his hand.
“I have been expecting you, young hunters. But before I come up close to discuss with you…. Don’t fear me, I’m different.”

Just as he said those words he stand up, He’s a slim, tall and young… probably around his twenties. He turns around and the first thing you notice are his…. Blood red eyes…. GASP! He’s a vampire! You are struck with the sudden realization that that might be no wine! But blood!

You feel somehow uneasy with his presence, and prepare yourself to strike if necessary.
[talk mode iniated!]

Castle Volikmar
No story, sorry!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Player Actions

Kilakan (Khan)
Slice off some of the boar hide/fur, apply vines, tusks, and glue.  Potentially use bones for supports/extra plating on the outsides.  End result should have wristbands/fingerless gloves made of boar fur with tusks protruding to be used as punch weapons and the vines, glue, and bones for support and holding the whole apparatus together.

(5) You take the boar hide and your cleaver. Carefully with precise slashes you cut the hide into 2 glove-like shapes where your fingers fit trough. Just as you finish cutting the hide, Gunmirius walks in and asks if he can help you. You kindly refuse and continue your crafting, all the while Gunmirius is observing what you are crafting. You cut open a few of the resin balls and apply small amount to the hide to create gloves. Afterwards you grab the tusks and secure it on your wrists by wrapping it with the vine and applying the sticky resin, which quickly hardens. You somehow try to fit boar bones in your design but can’t think up a way to do so. However you now have finished your tusked boar punching gloves. You are quite satisfied with your creation and feel that the primal gods are happy about your respect to the nature.

You gained 1/2 dabbling Basic Crafter (Crafting with natural unrefined resources)
You gained [Insert name] Tusked-boar punching gloves! (Stabbing attack, unstable construction)

You gained Pride! ( No effect)
You lost 2 medium sized tusked boar tusks
You lost Tusked boar fur
You lost 4 Sticky Resin-balls
You lost 2 Vine-Beast vines

Peglegpengeuin (Dharma)
Dharma was satisfied with the previous night's progress. He knew what to expect now from the desert, but he wasn't yet sure how to deal with its dangers. Preventing dehydration seemed to be something the caravan would be familiar and comfortable with. Sandstorms should cause nothing more than a delay assuming the caravan carries some form of shelter. Quicksand and mirages, if identifiable, should be no threat to the caravan either, though exercising caution against them could only make the team safer. He was less confident about the prospect of facing a sand witch, even if such an encounter was probably rare. Dharma considered using his confusion spell on a sand witch, and quickly scanned the spell in his book. He doubted the mental bewitchment would work on a real witch, especially one so ancient. In fact, Dharma couldn't hope to defeat a witch in a magic battle with any spell. Dharma gave off a sigh of distraught. He didn't like unsolvable problems. He used to believe there was always a right answer, but since leaving his home and seeing the greater world Dharma has learned this might not be the case. Then an idea hit him. If magic won't work against a sand witch, maybe punching will. The strongest member of his team would have to be Khan, but even he might not be strong enough. If a spell was cast on Khan that magically imbued him with even more strength though, one lucky shot could be enough to subdue a witch. But if Dharma goes this path and Khan goes down, so will the entire team. A healing spell should be in order. Learning two spells in one night would be tricky, but not impossible with Dharma's innate talent for spell learning. He spent the entire day and much of the night in the library studying the two spells.
Last night’s researched turned out quite well, I even made a friend! You thought a few ideas how to counter some of the dangers, but you found that the information about the Sand Witches wasn’t enough. So you get the idea to read up about Sand Witches, Also maybe my allies would appreciate it if I learned some healing magic, cause who knows what we will face in the desert.  Once again you make your way to the library in search of your friend, you suddenly realize that you have no idea what his name is! You find him quickly in the library as he is working on something.

“He-Hello?”
The scholar turns around.

“Hello my friend, what can I do today for you?”
“I was wondering if you have any books about Sand Witches, oh and magic books which explain about healing magic.”

The scholar is rather surprised but also gives a slightly disappointing look.

“I have books about Sand Witches, but the problem is they are not translated. Because in fact they are Sand Witch books (Oh god, I imagined a Sandwich right here…), which were found in the expeditions in the Turima Desert. About the magic book, that'd be no problem. But let me get them for you.”

The scholar disappears in the rows of books and scrolls, this time it takes a while before he returns.

“As a knowledge seeker I have a certain request for you. You don’t have to fulfill this request but I'd be in your debt for all eternity if you could do it for me. Can you take these Sand Witch books and see if you can translate them on your journeys in the Turima Desert? And if they turn out to contain information about creation magic, could you tell me?. ”

You give a slight nod to the priest as he hands over the books.

“I hope to see you soon again, my friend.”

You walk out with the books, back into your chamber. You take a look at the strange books. It appears as if they are written some sort of glyph language, you know this from your childhood as your father often red books written in glyph language. But this is entirely different compared to what your father red. You can’t work on deciphering this, simply due to the fact that you don't have any sources to work from. You decide to hide the book and concentrate on the healing book.

You grab the book called “Basic healing incantations” and start reading it. Soon enough you learn that healing magic is quite tricky to learn due to the complexity of the incantations and that it is slightly based of creation magic. Also it’s not possible to cast healing magic while on the move; this is because of the required hand coordination while renouncing the incantation.

Flipping through the pages you find yourself a relatively easy spell,(6) namely “Adrealine boost”.
This spells imbues the targets bloodstream with a shot of adrenaline, this gives the user monstrous strength, speed and toughness and increased regeneration. This comes at the cost of exhaustion at the end of the spell, cause after all the user has to let his body rest. If however you use this spell continuously on your target there is a chance he/she might die because of sheer exhaustion.

You gained Un-translated Desert Witch books.
You gained Holy magic: Adrenaline boost (Gives the user monstrous strength, speed and toughness and increased regeneration.  After the duration of the spell the user receives the exhausted effect.)

Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)
What else is there to do but knock on the door?

You start walking towards the odd house. Along the way you see that Silk and Tetsuo are playing, pffft.. just like my small sister. You are slightly annoyed by this, but you don’t mind it as long as it won’t affect their combat. (see story)(No roll cause I see literally no logical way to fail at knocking a simple door)

You gained Nothing

Caerwyn (Gunmirius)
First

Gunmirius will make sure his current crossbow has the mod equipped, then go to wherever Khan is and help him if he needs it. I didn't know he was in a fight!

And, woo-hoo! Monster Hunter RTD!
You realize that you didn’t equip your custom mod on your crossbow, maybe this had a impact on my training? Anyhow you decide to search for Khan after attaching your mod, he may be doing some interesting things like hunting creatures. You stumble upon him just outside the castle, it seems like he’s making something. You offer your assistance but he kindly refuses, this doesn’t stop you however from observing. (4) You make out most of the things that Khan does and even manage to learn something from it! In the end he creates a Spiked Punching glove.

You gained 1/2 dabbling Basic Crafter (Crafting with natural unrefined resources)

Ironyowl (Silk)
((Oops, sorry.))

"Come along, uh... Hm. Should really think of a name for you," Silk said, pulling Tetsuo after her by his ears. So soft!

Drag Tetsuo to the big house. Let Arnok knock on the door.

Arriving in this town, you have little idea what to do. You see Arnok walking to an odd-looking house, probably the mayor’s house. What else is there to do but follow? Oh wait… I can follow him and tease Tetsuo along the way! You drag Tetsuo to the house, along the way you tease him in a variety of ways. Scratching behind his ears, thinking up cute names, hugging him and playing with his face. You notice very well that even though he’s slightly embarrassed that he’s enjoying this. In your mind you have a devious smile as you make Tetsuo your *cough* pet. You arrive at the house and Arnok knocks on the door.

Nothing gained!

Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)
((My bad.))

"...My name is Akabarashi Tatsuo..." Tatsuo answered, blushing slightly as Silk dragged him by his ears - large, furry ears positioned roughly atop his head with tuffs of finer, softer fur near its bottom. They were sensitive to touch and it would be heavy abuse wasn't he following her willingly, but at the very least he was more-or-less used to that kind of thing coming from women.

Be dragged by Silk.
You give your name, but before you even realize Silk is scratching behind your ears. Oh boy that feels good, even though this happened more often at home, you still enjoy it very much. Suddenly silk starts dragging you along while following Arnok. Along the way she teases you in a variety of ways, anyhow you enjoy it. Ugh.. now that you start thinking , my family could be disappointed due to the religious followings. Though Kyubbi (evil sister) enjoys it when the fox-folk are lustful. But Silks stop dragging you once you reach the door of the house and Arnok knocks on it.

Nothing Gained

2. Player Data

Quote from: kilakan (Khan)
Spoiler:  Player Information (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler:  Player Condition (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Skills (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Abilities (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Killboard (click to show/hide)

Quote from:  peglegpengeuin (Dharma)

Quote from: Greenstarfanatic (Arnok Baralkin)

Quote from: Caerwyn (Gunmirius)

Quote from:  Ironyowl (Silk)

Quote from:   Caellath (Akabarashi Tatsuo)

3.Notes

Take your time. Turns will be on weekly base, earlier if possible. Absentees will be warned and kicked after one week of non-responding. If you will not be able to post turns for a prolonged amount of time please say so i can freeze your character or lock the thread
Durrr..

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2012, 10:27:38 am »

No actions? Nothing at all? Please don't tell me the players haven't abandoned this! The exception are Ceallath, Ironyowl and Greenstarfanatic ( Even though he ain't conversing with the vampire) which are ATM in talk mode.
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2012, 10:35:19 am »

Enter the house, and look around for a bit, while covering my neck. Maybe I could find a new weapon.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2012, 10:37:31 am »

Enter the house, and look around for a bit, while covering my neck. Maybe I could find a new weapon.

Didn't i give you a link to the discussion on Quicktopic? Did you actually read the story at all? cause your actions doesn't reflect this.
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2012, 10:38:30 am »

Didn't i give you a link to the discussion on Quicktopic? Did you actually read the story at all? cause your actions doesn't reflect this.
...Uhh...That. I...forgot? Be back in a minute.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2012, 11:12:11 am »

Go on a glorious quest to find bottles of juice, water, and most importantly ALCOHOLIC SUBSTANCES!  There is no use going monster hunting if one is prone to die of dehydration.

Also if he wants them, give the bones to gunirious to make into bolts.
Nom nom nom

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2012, 03:34:10 pm »

Chat -> http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/xAdUnn5fuJYmP (finished)
It will be added in the next turn as well for easy navigation.
Durrr..

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2012, 03:39:04 pm »

DO WHATEVER THE REST OF MY TEAM IS DOING.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 03:54:39 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2012, 03:52:53 pm »

Give a hearty goodbye to the Vampire, and motion to make our way to the village.

You are already in the village, the house is just a bit outside the village but no far and the vampire dissapeared...
Durrr..
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15