Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48

Author Topic: Playerlogs from 2050  (Read 110813 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Playerlogs from 2050
« Reply #480 on: December 09, 2015, 04:46:21 pm »

Thanks for the tips, do you know which quantum folder contains the chtonic and racnoss entities ?

I mean since we had to move hard drives into those patched quantum fields to have DF running at more than 20fps, it makes it harder to locate with precision the point of time and space that is needed to be edited in order to have those entities playable.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 09, 2015, 05:13:31 pm »

Try looking in the 3rd Sector, 11-10-2023, 16:45:45:312. I hear that's where most of the entity stuff ended up. Of course, if your drive is not a Toady-approved Quantum Hyperspace Diskless Drive, you'll have to look at 2030, 16:45:45:312. Those eight years of space make a difference in framerate, y'know?

Also, anyone know why the newest Linux kernel version doesn't like it when I try and import DF into my QHDD?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #482 on: December 09, 2015, 06:02:37 pm »

I'm not sure that latest update is that good, i thought it was a bad idea that Toady decided to change the worldgen to follow Earth's development more closely and require millions of years of generation to reach playable adventure and fortress mode.

I gave up after a couple of hour when my worldgen only reached 14000 years, and it's still in the Hadean eon stage of the worldgen, Toady really went overboard with the new version, can't even play an adventurer or a fort yet.
Just play as a Racnoss while world-gen continues in the background.

Doesn't that cause the whole "ancient aliens " bug if you are too clearly messing with the civilizations development, I heard some civ started worshipping a guys avatar then they all committed suicide like 20k years later hoping he would "return".

(OOC: history-gen already continues in the background)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:06:32 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 09, 2015, 06:13:37 pm »

I'm not sure that latest update is that good, i thought it was a bad idea that Toady decided to change the worldgen to follow Earth's development more closely and require millions of years of generation to reach playable adventure and fortress mode.

I gave up after a couple of hour when my worldgen only reached 14000 years, and it's still in the Hadean eon stage of the worldgen, Toady really went overboard with the new version, can't even play an adventurer or a fort yet.
It does take some time, but it's totally worth it for the 1:1 reality parity. If you look hard enough, you can even find yourself! Combine that with DFHack and you can clear out the rotten flesh in your backyard easier that ever before.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #484 on: December 09, 2015, 06:15:22 pm »

((OOC: @UntrustedLife: Yeah, but only at the same speed as usual. 5 years in 30 seconds during worldgen, takes a day for fort mode. And don't even get me started on adv mode timestream...))
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 09, 2015, 06:46:36 pm »

So, what bugs have you guys been finding in 0.74? The faith rewrite turned up some pretty crazy stuff, if what I've been seeing in my most recent world is an indication.

Speaking of bugs...

On my latest embark, an entire forest of pine trees uprooted themselves to worship at my shrine. It turned out that they were actually praying to an elder god, which resulted in plenty of fun for my dwarves. I should probably report that, actually. Mass-prayer is a pretty common bug, but I don't think trees are supposed to be animate unless the forest is linked to a world with the "life" and "plant" spheres.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2015, 06:49:35 pm by Whisperling »

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 09, 2015, 06:53:48 pm »

Uh, I might of acidently got a ork WAAAAGH onto the internet.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 09, 2015, 07:04:58 pm »

You what now?
Hold on, I'm just putting up a nice infinite loop for them.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 09, 2015, 07:09:22 pm »

You what now?
Hold on, I'm just putting up a nice infinite loop for them.
I't wont work, they got through Tzeentch's maze in a hour.

Whisperling

• Bay Watcher
  • Indefinite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 09, 2015, 07:16:47 pm »

Complete destruction is probably your best bet, then. Have you captured any FBs with an annihilation syndrome?

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: December 09, 2015, 07:17:53 pm »

No, they are in the internet. Putting FB's in there will only make it worse.

I'm no branigain, you fool.

Nullsrc

• Bay Watcher
  • A Euclidean Plane Crash
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: December 09, 2015, 07:25:00 pm »

Ever since the blood alcohol concentration update, my dwarves just stand around in a drunken stupor! I expected them to at least move erratically.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: December 09, 2015, 07:26:22 pm »

The thing is that you cannot exit from an infinite loop.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: December 09, 2015, 07:39:50 pm »

And only madmen can get pass Tzeentch's maze. Please, its orks. They think they can make or do something to bypass it? It likely WILL happen.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: December 09, 2015, 07:42:38 pm »

Hold on, I'll just open a channel from the elemental plane of virtual fungicide.

EDIT: Should be fixed now.
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 48