Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107

Author Topic: Prison Architect - Version 2.0 Release | It's over! *weeping*  (Read 238056 times)

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Prison Architect
« Reply #210 on: September 27, 2012, 08:14:17 pm »

Yeah i have seen that...I have gotten into the practice of random searches though...just every time I have a lot of people in one area I pause and select most of them for searches.

They still manage to slip lots of stuff though...which I love...its one of those random elements that helps keep the game interesting.

Oh also search people when you get them in...cause I have found guns and knives and drugs and all kinds of crap on new people lol.

I think the game should implement a processing center, where new inmates go/get searched/get assigned cells and such.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 27, 2012, 08:16:45 pm »

I've seen one guy who managed to acquire a ring of keys and another who somehow hid a hacksaw in his jumpsuit.

My inmates never seem to watch any TV, despite being on the brink of revolution due to boredom.

Large TVs don't work, if you're using those.

I am. Thanks, I'll try with some smaller ones.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 08:29:55 pm by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 27, 2012, 08:18:25 pm »

Not seen a hacksaw myself yet but I know the keys come from guards. I am not sure if prisoners can pick pocket but I do know if they beat up some character then said character drops their possessions.

I am guessing the hacksaw came from the workshop? That or he came in with it.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 27, 2012, 09:23:30 pm »

I don't think I've restarted a game this many times since DF. I keep figuring out how to make stuff smarter or cheaper and blech.

Useful bug: If you pause the game immediately after start, you can lay down as many walls as you want and only get charged for the first one. (Or you get charged some really small amount.) Doesn't seem to work simply because you build stuff while paused.

Downside: On a small map it's like a good 4 to 5 hours worth of construction to complete.

What generates profit? And is it like, 1 small pipe worth of length before it has to connect to a large pipe?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 09:42:42 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 27, 2012, 09:45:59 pm »

This game looks so promising! Is there going to be sandbox mode in the final release?

The prisons look luxurious compared to the real prisons in my country, though.  :P
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 27, 2012, 09:48:13 pm »

Prisoners generate profit. 100 per prisoner I believe plus a 1500 government grant per day....so...1500 + (100 x prisoners) per day.

As for your pipe question I am not sure I understand it.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 27, 2012, 09:59:50 pm »

I'm going to take a minute and plug myself here as I've actually recorded a small LP of the game.

That out of the way, I really like the game. The price point is pretty steep, but its a very promising concept that already is pretty great. I eagerly await the next release, and I think the money is well spent, truthfully.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 27, 2012, 10:04:45 pm »

Well it said short pipes can't carry pressure too far....and apparently 3 small pipes between appliance and main line was too much. I'd test but I gotta knock off for the night.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Yodamaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 27, 2012, 10:07:24 pm »

Yeah this is promising but there's a lot of tweaking to do. After you use your grant money, you simply can no longer operate due to the influx of prisoners being greater than the amount you can expand with the money they give.

Hopefully there's some rehabilitation option, but it's also fun watching your prison descend into anarchy eventually.

Viken

• Bay Watcher
  • "Fight, or Die. Easy."
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 27, 2012, 10:19:44 pm »

Has anyone figured out how to set up the guard patrol routes yet?  I tried again this afternoon and still couldn't figure it out.  :-[
"It takes being a nerd to be a dorf, and I'm more than happy to compensate."

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 27, 2012, 10:44:37 pm »

Well it said short pipes can't carry pressure too far....and apparently 3 small pipes between appliance and main line was too much. I'd test but I gotta knock off for the night.

Nah thats not right...perhaps you had a buggy pipe section (I have had that before).

Yeah this is promising but there's a lot of tweaking to do. After you use your grant money, you simply can no longer operate due to the influx of prisoners being greater than the amount you can expand with the money they give.

Hopefully there's some rehabilitation option, but it's also fun watching your prison descend into anarchy eventually.

I know there is death row for lowering your prisoner count...but yes as it stands in its alpha state there is no way to curb the growth of the pop or keep it stable...except via murder and chaos.

Has anyone figured out how to set up the guard patrol routes yet?  I tried again this afternoon and still couldn't figure it out.  :-[

According to the description it adds a button to your main task bar(?) have yet to actually see this yet...but I assume its just an unfinished feature...I know there are a few.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 28, 2012, 02:59:18 am »

Yeah i have seen that...I have gotten into the practice of random searches though...just every time I have a lot of people in one area I pause and select most of them for searches.

They still manage to slip lots of stuff though...which I love...its one of those random elements that helps keep the game interesting.

Oh also search people when you get them in...cause I have found guns and knives and drugs and all kinds of crap on new people lol.

I think the game should implement a processing center, where new inmates go/get searched/get assigned cells and such.
You can sort of do that with a metal detector. What it does is it'll alert guards to prisoners carrying something and the guards will automatically search them. I put one at my cafeteria entrance and found a hacksaw and a drill among the first 8 prisoners.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 28, 2012, 03:09:40 am »

I wonder if those crooks will learn to use non-metalic weapons.

jester

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarvern Survialist Nutter
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 28, 2012, 03:25:58 am »

Sorry if its been asked, but 15 pages is 15 pages, is this game worth my 30 bucks?
If life gives you lemons, burn them.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 28, 2012, 03:37:01 am »

Sorry if its been asked, but 15 pages is 15 pages, is this game worth my 30 bucks?

It REALLY is up to you.

Remember you are buying an alpha. There are not a lot of games out there with "Must buys" during alpha.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 107