Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Droids: A semi-cogmind inspired RTD (6/5)  (Read 5249 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Droids: A semi-cogmind inspired RTD (0/5)
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2012, 02:11:44 pm »

Sounds like a good game. Waitlist me! :)

Also, since me sheet isn't pressing, can you change/approve/implement/deny the following items?

Quad Leg Movement: Self explanatory. Good for sneaking around without being heard and climbing into tricky spots
Spider-Mine Layer: Plants a camouflage explosive landmine at a target spot-can be programmed to explode at an time interval, against a specific target, orbit it's user defensively, or to lie in wait until detecting targets-whatever a very simple machine can be ordered to do. It's capable of leaping out and following a target for some distance, but it's low charge mean it will quickly run out of power to pursue.
Canister Rifle: A powerful, long range sniper rifle that fires very slowly, but is good at piercing armor and destroying robot components. Difficult to hit smaller, faster enemies and weak against shielding.

----------
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2012, 03:15:30 pm »

Quad legs:: -1 to movement, +1 to acrobatics, +1 to difficult terrain navigation : 50
Spider mine layer: 2 damage, +2 to attack : 100
                 - Spider mine 5 each
Canister Rifle: 5 damage, 2 turn reload: 75

Don't worry about going a bit over the point limit. You'll get extra points since you'll be entering the game later.

Others seem fine.

GreatWyrmGold, what do you mean with your special ability? I can't just give you 5 interchangeable +1 bonusses.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2012, 03:40:45 pm »

I actually need to find the chips first--I can't get gourmet cooking unless I find a computer with a bunch of recipes and putting all of them into a chip or something. I was a bit fuzzy on what that was supposed to mean; is there a similar idea you think would be more balanced?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

MeMyselfAndI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2012, 06:35:18 pm »

I actually need to find the chips first--I can't get gourmet cooking unless I find a computer with a bunch of recipes and putting all of them into a chip or something. I was a bit fuzzy on what that was supposed to mean; is there a similar idea you think would be more balanced?
So effectively easier upgrades and/or upgrades for skills that you could not ordinarily get?

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2012, 07:39:33 pm »

Wait listing unless you wanna throw me and Dwarmin straight in :P
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 07, 2012, 07:42:08 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2012, 08:34:50 pm »

So effectively easier upgrades and/or upgrades for skills that you could not ordinarily get?
Pretty much just with skills and anything else that comes in program form, but yeah.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2012, 02:23:33 pm »

You don't know where the others came from. But you're all in the same situation, about to be shot towards the enemy capital ship. The ship you're fighting is unmanned, and actually nothing more than some hull with an engine strapped on. There isn't even an inside, you're just supposed to survive the cold dark void of space. Anyway, it appears the ship is in position know, and the wreck you're flying on is launched for the docking bay.From the outside you can clearly see the battle going on. The Valiant, which you have just been launched on, has sustained severe damage, and a bit further The Indestructible isn't quite living up to it's name.

Your ship zooms past the wreckage of one of the Imperial ships, and then continues towards their capital ship. You break through the fighter blockade by sheer force, just ramming one of them aside. The Point defenses start tracking you, and you manage to evade the first shot, and the second, but not the third, nor the fourth. The ship breaks apart, and you crash into the hull. When your cameras reboot, you find that only 6 of you survived.
More to the point, you're currently on the hull of the ship, and the PD turrets are aiming already. Meanwhile, 3 antiboarding droids emerge from a nearby airlock.

Spoiler: SAM (click to show/hide)

Name: Salvandroid X-492-38A27 ("Ebast")
Health: 25/25
Energy: 20/20 (+5)
Abilities: Modular skills (Mechanics, Robotics, Combat?)

Parts:
Dual standard CPUs,
special core (modular skills, 5 or less at once)
simple ion generator
Hover

Name:Psicon
Health: 10/10
Energy: 20/20
Abilities:Minor fabrication

Parts
Special core:  (Come up with a simple special ability) 150Simple ion power generator (+5 power/turn): 50
Legs:   (+1 to difficult terrain navigation) 50
Laser blaster (-5 power,2 damage, ranged weapon): 75

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
Re: Droids: A semi-cogmind inspired RTD (6/5)
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2012, 02:34:22 pm »

USE MAH HULLCUTTER TO...CUT THE HULL!

Spoiler: S.A.M. (click to show/hide)
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2012, 02:34:47 pm »

Assault procedures beginning. Suppressing fire engaging. All systems go.  Fire on the AntiBoarding units when They Are fully visible.
Fire upon the nearest possible Foe(I'm assuming it is one of the point-defense units.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Mr.Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2012, 03:38:39 pm »

Initiating radars..... Hostile's present.
Initiating armor module
Sensors detect enemy lock-on........ Return fire.
Activate defense protocol 24-4GH
Activate Voice sequence "SSDD (same shit different day)"

>Activate armor module
> Shield allies with body
> Return fire, if fired upon.
> Make witty comment about hard labor
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 04:49:26 pm by Mr.Zero »
Durrr..

CrimsonEon

• Bay Watcher
  • Is that Blood Thine or the Enemy's?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2012, 04:02:34 pm »

Approach vector complete.
Evaluating combat capabilities:
Self; Core: Sustained Damage: Minimal; Generator: 98% Power Output; Battery 1: 100% Charge; Battery 2: 100% Charge; EMP: Sustained Damage: Minimal
Remaining Unit; S.A.M; BRICK; "Eblast"; Psicon; Pegasus
Opposing Unit; Anti-Boarding Drone(3), Evaluation Pending; Frigate Class Point Defense, Evaluation Pending
Threat Evaluation; Point Defense currently locking on, mobility impaired, continued holding of position inadvisable

>Activate EMP(Target: Nearest Point Defense Turret)
>Cover and follow S.A.M into the hull

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 04:35:00 pm »

Evaluating... Evaluating... Activating communications procedure D-X-930... Vocal override Jon Greland FU... Activating vocal synthesizer... Determining course of action...

Attempt to pierce hull!
Sig

MeMyselfAndI

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 10:02:28 am »

Processing...
Threat evaluation... Multiple threats. Single weapon.
Weapon imminence / danger / effectiveness matrix calculation... Warning: current armament insufficient.

Course of action:

> Attempt to find a way into ship (airlock, etc.)
> Use jets to move faster
> Dodge if fired upon and no other bots are in line of fire, else attempt to position self to cover other robots in line of fire.
> If opportunity presents itself, attempt to blind sensors with com laser

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2012, 10:07:44 am »

Process me into the waitlist.

Because ebbor's game are always complex. Complex with FUN!  :D

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2012, 10:13:36 am »

Process me into the waitlist.

Because ebbor's game are always complex. Complex with FUN!  :D
Once I wondered what would happen if I tried to make a minimalist RTD. Decided against it because it would probably get to complex.
Pages: 1 [2] 3