Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 181208 times)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2012, 01:20:14 pm »

Well, I just had an uber-badass migrate to my fortress.  I have taken to calling him Captain Stone, for he is now Captain of the Ironflanks squad of my military.

We'll just let the descriptions speak for themselves with this guy

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is the pony equivalent of Mean Son of a Bitch in Fallout New Vegas.

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2012, 03:23:08 pm »

Well, I just had an uber-badass migrate to my fortress.  I have taken to calling him Captain Stone, for he is now Captain of the Ironflanks squad of my military.

We'll just let the descriptions speak for themselves with this guy

This is the pony equivalent of Mean Son of a Bitch in Fallout New Vegas.

I have taken it upon myself to engrave an image of the epic battle from Captain Stone's youth against the vile Husband of the Dusk Horror.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 20, 2012, 02:16:25 am »

By the way, sorry for my absence. XCOM has complete control over my life now. I'm glad so many bugs have been squashed in the meantime. No ETA on the spotlight, just have to wait till my desire to be dwarfy resurfaces.

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 20, 2012, 04:49:14 am »

Not gonna lie, XCOM has been a big part of my absence as well.
Did find another bug with the cutie marks, however I'm not even gonna try to touch that system, let the experts figure this one out.
Every experienced miller I have received in migrant waves has had a cutie mark dealing with something medical, but they are described as being talented millers, and have the natural bonus to milling.
I'm frying my brain trying to name all 7 that arrived in the last wave. One's got a gastroscope as a cutie mark.
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 20, 2012, 05:01:44 am »

Yeah there's a couple of cutie mark mismatches, going to be quite the job to fix so I might just incorporate that into the class restructuring. I got a new place to live now, but the Internet is being a downright disaster to get worked out. Hopefully we can get it sorted as soon as Monday but it could be far later yet.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 20, 2012, 09:10:42 am »

Every experienced miller I have received in migrant waves has had a cutie mark dealing with something medical, but they are described as being talented millers, and have the natural bonus to milling.
I'm frying my brain trying to name all 7 that arrived in the last wave. One's got a gastroscope as a cutie mark.

That's hilarious!

I had to check this out so I downloaded the files and checked for the retarded mistake I did and lo and behold, I accidentally gave the 10 duplicates of the male and female miller castes the wrong string of cutiemarks.
The original male and female miller caste have the correct string of this:
Code: [Select]
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:CM261:1:CM262:1:CM263:1:CM264:1:CM265:1:CM266:1:CM267:1:]
The copies have this:
[TL_COLOR_MODIFIER:CM292:1:CM293:1:CM294:1:CM295:1:CM296:1:CM297:1:CM298:1:CM299:1:CM300:1:]
Checking in the index list in the file containing the cutiemarks I see this.
CM258 - CM267 = Miller
CM292 - CM300 = Doctor

So yeah.

gg Replica
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Deathseer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 20, 2012, 10:51:05 am »

Another thing I keep forgetting to mention, Every pony I can remember has had rust eyes. Nothing else. Across multiple fortresses and worldgens, it's always been rust.
I have seen the future, it does not include you.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 21, 2012, 03:12:44 am »

Across multiple fortresses, that's not surprising.  I've noticed similar problems with Nidokoenig's mod with coat color.  It's all that annoying genetic bottleneck problem in the genetics simulation.

Across multiple worldgens, well, that's a bit less expected.  I guess it could be a problem in the raws.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 21, 2012, 03:22:13 am »

I found that problem actually, the eye color prefs were bunched up with the tissue definitions and would as such, only be "rolled" once. Well on the way with the cutie mark class restructuring. Finally got a decent desk to work from, Internet is still limited tho :/

Amorack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2012, 02:41:04 pm »

I love the new version of the mod, Sorcerer. Are pony civilizations still supposed to have ethics that don't allow them to use animals?, because I keep having ponies hunt for food.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 24, 2012, 02:47:07 pm »

they'll still hunt if they have the hunting labor enabled, but hunting ponies won't be punished in any way, just try not to trade meat with anyone, they don't really like that... well, except griffons

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 24, 2012, 03:16:05 pm »

I'll be quite happy when Toady adds an [HERBIVORE] tag that prevents critters from eating meat.  I could have used that for personal mods as well as pony mods.  Out of curiosity... what happens if you make ponies grazers?  Does that just not work in fort mode, or do they starve to death inevitably?

Also, it's possible to forbid the hunting job from a civilization, right?  That might be one way to prevent hunting ponies, but it's going to make acquiring leather and bones more difficult.

Actually, do the ethics already affect that?  Trading meat will tick them off, but does trading leather?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 24, 2012, 05:07:17 pm »

Actually, do the ethics already affect that?  Trading meat will tick them off, but does trading leather?

Yes.  Leather possesses the IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL tag on its material template.  Any civ that finds killing animals wrong will not accept anything made of a material with that tag - bone, meat, leather, shell, etc.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 24, 2012, 05:47:13 pm »

just FYI, the Fleece you can make in the magic loom is actually has the [LEATHER] tag, and you can use it to make leather items, but does not (or should not at any rate) [IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL] so they should be safe.. Contemplating also adding just plain fleece that you can make from wool to make leather items, but probably wouldn't give much more in the way of armor than layering clothes would.

not allowing jobs in the civ file doesn't actually affect fortress mode at all, I think it only changes what professions migrants can have, you can still just activate the job for anyone.

Herbivore tag would be awesome, perhaps with the addition of elf groves in the new version we'll see something to that effect, we can only dream :P
Slogging along at that cutie mark revamp project, but as I am now situated in my new digs and actually have internet again, I have two weeks of catching up to do, so it's not exactly progressing at a stellar pace. I am currently looking at about 30ish different castes per tribe, times two sexes, so around 200 different castes before some slight duplications to prevent cutie mark copies.

The castes are less focused than the current system, instead of shoehorning a specific class to a specific job, they now have a theme with smaller bonuses to several skills instead. For example a railway engineer has bonuses to furnace operation, mechanics, and a bit smaller bonus to mining and siege operation.

This creature file is going to be BIG...

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 24, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »

Bigger than now? D:
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 81