Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 181242 times)

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #225 on: December 15, 2012, 11:28:57 am »

None of that makes sense except for the teenager part.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 15, 2012, 12:12:55 pm »

On minecraft's community: Yes, it sucks, but hey, ponies!

Actualy, on this mod: It's funny when all three active pony mods for this game are suddenly at the top of the page. :P
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 15, 2012, 12:16:04 pm »

Wool into Fleece should be a fairly simple thing to add

Neowulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 15, 2012, 12:26:34 pm »

None of that makes sense except for the teenager part.
The official MC forums are hosted and run by Curse, not Mojang. They make money via ad impressions and curse premium subs so it's in their best interest to keep the place lively and inoffensive, keep eyes coming back. They also use volunteer moderators, half of which show pretty bad spelling and grammar comprehension (while claiming to be in the US). Then there's the fact every controversial topic is deleted almost immediately, and the moderators will very gladly take sides in a copyright argument, usually in favor of the party demanding anything even remotely similar be removed.

The forums for the various mods and modpacks are just as bad, populated almost entirely by Yes Men who idolize the saint who created the mod(pack) that made their lives worth living...

Actualy, on this mod: It's funny when all three active pony mods for this game are suddenly at the top of the page. :P
You misspelled "awesome" there.

Edit:
Wool into Fleece should be a fairly simple thing to add
Sweet, thanks.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:29:06 pm by Neowulf »

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 16, 2012, 08:34:41 pm »

So... the mod is a lot of fun to play, but I've run into a little problem.

My ponies don't acquire experience for doing their jobs. Migrants also appear absolutely unskilled in anything. I haven't played long enough to see if the skill rust sets in. I've redownloaded the mod and tried a couple of new worlds and embarks, all have the same issue. Vanilla DF is working fine.

What could I've done wrong and how to fix it?

Also first post, so hello Bay12.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 16, 2012, 11:15:47 pm »

I can confirm I have the same issue with ponies not gaining skill. (In fact, I registered to post about it.) I had a couple of fey moods and got no legendary crafters either. (Yeah, the items they made were useless... aside from the artifact yak bone coffin. I built a butcher shop and slaughtered a useless yak bull because I didn't want to lose the pony to madness. I lost three ponies in the last version to madness because they wanted leather. One was a mother with triplet newborn foals... who starved to death after she died.) Also, when migrants show up they have no labors enabled beyond hauling. I understand Peasant ponies are supposed to be that way, but ponies with other professions are showing up like that.
Other bugs- I tried to research the Rainbow Refractor (this worked in the prior version), and it gave me the blueprint for the Rainbow Extrapolator instead. (That was irritating. It takes ages to build up ten tomes. I have yet to try researching the Extrapolator... I need to build up some more tomes.) Also, the golden fleece research is giving me a golden silk pattern instead.

EDIT: Just tried researching the Extrapolator and it gave me a random item. So add that to the list of broken interections.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 01:01:54 am by taliakirana »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 17, 2012, 01:30:02 am »

That's one of the reasons I turn moods off in my pony forts now.  I'm guessing pony merchants don't bring leather in this mod, but do other civs?  Griffons?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

TyrannisUmbra

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 17, 2012, 02:27:51 am »

My poor ponies on this new fortress... Start in the most cramped location ever, corpses start reanimating in the first winter, even though it's an Untamed Wilds (Apparently by the available information... that means necromancer is hiding somewhere on the map.), and now this.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19859133/weremole.png

And it's only spring of the second year.

Whelp, time to raise my battered military.

Addendum: Wow, that was actually really easy. Only lost one pony. Go ponies! You rock! Woohoo!
Addendum 2: AHA. FOUND THAT SOB. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19859133/Necromancer.png
Addendum 3: ... And then after I killed him, ALL the corpses started to reanimate. Ponies dying and reanimating. This place REALLY doesn't like me.
Addendum 4: After much death, an attempt at closing off the refuse stockpile, insanity, and starvations, I have finally located and killed the second necromancer x.X
Addendum 5: I'm done for the night... ending on Autumn of year 2.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/19859133/state%20of%20the%20fortress.png
Not much progress has happened at all... mostly due to the necessity of having ponies conscripted constantly, fighting hordes of Giant Kea in the spring, and reanimated corpses during the rest of the year. Including the corpse of that night creature...

I usually don't make my ponies an underground base, but I think I'll have to move as much as I can belowground to avoid a horrible, horrible fate.

Re: Moods - I don't suppose something weird might be going on with them? Back before the pony mod was a thing, I'd almost never have leather required for a mood, but for some reason I've only had... maybe 5 moods from ponies that /didn't/ require leather as a component.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 05:04:31 am by TyrannisUmbra »

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 17, 2012, 05:37:21 am »

Huh...  That's a particularly bad bug if it is the case. I'll have a look.

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 17, 2012, 06:18:31 am »

Doh, that was a stupid bug that should never have slipped by, I had all the castes listed with SKILL_RATES:SKILL:100:16:16:32 or whatever, but SKILL_RATES is for ALL skills, and will not work with the different skill types, you need SKILL_RATE:SKILL:100:16:16:32 for that.

The fix is pretty simple, open the creature_pony_pony_NEW.txt and replace all SKILL_RATES to SKILL_RATE or redownload the zip

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 17, 2012, 06:41:31 am »

Ohyeah, the new version should also have some new numbers for ironwool and golden fleece, and regular fleece as a leather analogue should be craftable from any wool cloth. At the moment you need the magic loom to make it, but if the artifacts are a problem before you get that stuff up and running I can move it to another building.

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 17, 2012, 08:36:39 am »

I get a 404 from the DL link.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!

Sorcerer

• Bay Watcher
  • [magical]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 17, 2012, 08:39:33 am »

whoooops, seems dropbox had crashed and hadn't synced my file yet... doh.. should work now

Knarfle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 17, 2012, 08:44:19 am »

whoooops, seems dropbox had crashed and hadn't synced my file yet... doh.. should work now
I have an old version of this mod.

Can ponies dig or eat meat? That kinda bugged me about the latest version that I had, so that's why I quit playing entirely.

I prefer my ponies to live basically like dwarves that carry stuff with their mouths and telekinesis.
What do you get when a Rhesus monkey steps on a weapons trap loaded with maximum adamantine blades?

Rhesus Pieces!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 81