Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 181215 times)

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #315 on: January 16, 2013, 04:44:26 am »

> I still wonder what's up with those unidentified "seeds" I keep getting.
There was a similar problem in FoE mod. A reaction to process synh-reeds into oil produced generic, unusable seeds. The fix was to change to:
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:SYNTH_WEED:SEED]
[PRODUCT:100:1:SEEDS:NONE:PLANT_MAT:SYNTH_REED:SEED]
So just look at kitchen, farmer's workshop, screw press and whatever else reactions you have for processing raw food and check if they give the right kinds of seeds.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 04, 2013, 12:55:48 pm »

I think I got the issue with thousands of fleece being made.
Namely:
The quantity differs between item types. Generally speaking, cloth, thread, powder, bars and globs use numbers representing the size of material within one item, and everything else uses a static quantity. While REAGENT:A:10:THREAD:NONE:NONE:NONE thread is an extremely tiny portion of a random spool of thread, REAGENT:A:10:TOY:NONE:NONE:NONE is ten unique, solid toy items.
This is from df wiki and I actually checked. In the reactions_magicloom the quantity for reagent is 1, which produces 20000 fleece.
I changed that to 10000 and lo and behold, the quantity of fleece made drops to 2.
So in order to repair that, all that you need to do is go to "raw/reactions_magicloom.txt" (in your main game and all worlds folders. Don't forget that! I actually lost half an hour trying to get what's wrong until I realised I've been only changing in the main folder and not in the world itself...) and change
[REAGENT:B:1:CLOTH:ANY_YARN_MATERIAL:NONE:NONE][MIN_DIMENSION:10000]
to
[REAGENT:B:10000:CLOTH:ANY_YARN_MATERIAL:NONE:NONE][MIN_DIMENSION:10000]
At least this is what worked in my case.
And make sure to change the rest of cloth based reactions in the file. There are four of them including the one above.
Dunno if it's necessary to change other files though.

I hope I helped, cause I don't know if that's going to work for all.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 12:58:11 pm by Asssasin Asha »

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 05, 2013, 12:28:06 am »

I just got done downloading the pack and went to try generating my first world but when I did it rejected one after another. Finally after about 130 of them it pops up with the following text: 'Farming Civilization Placed Without Crops. The world generator is having trouble placing farming civilizations. Civilizations use available plants in their surroundings as their initial crops. Make sure your parameters and raw objects have adequate vegetation.'

Not entirely sure what it's talking about but I'm not a huge modder. I've not changed anything beyond making the max population for a site down to 50 so I can't imagine that being the cause. This is an entirely fresh game so I can't fathom what else might be the cause. Halp? D:

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 05, 2013, 01:20:21 am »

Interesting, I've never seen that error before.  It could be the max population for a site, perhaps, if the game is creating more sites due to large populations and running out of space.  I'd try returning that to the default as a first step.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Ignatius881

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #319 on: February 05, 2013, 01:50:12 pm »

It seems a great mod according to what I've read from the doc and some videos around the Internet :D. Would be there any problem in porting this mod to Linux too?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 05, 2013, 02:07:52 pm »

The raws from it should be compatible with the Linux distribution of DF.  I think the archive includes the Windows binary as well as a few other things (Therapist?), but you should be able to literally copy the raws folder into a Linux copy of DF and run it without problems.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 06, 2013, 04:06:04 am »

Well I got the game to work but now when I play things are going so fast it's not even funny. I was kind of worried about things being slowed down from using a mod but instead I can't begin to fathom what's happening. Is there a way to slow things down? Cause this is going to be way too hard to keep track of when more ponies arrive.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 06, 2013, 05:08:39 am »

I think I got the issue with thousands of fleece being made.
Namely:
The quantity differs between item types. Generally speaking, cloth, thread, powder, bars and globs use numbers representing the size of material within one item, and everything else uses a static quantity. While REAGENT:A:10:THREAD:NONE:NONE:NONE thread is an extremely tiny portion of a random spool of thread, REAGENT:A:10:TOY:NONE:NONE:NONE is ten unique, solid toy items.
This is from df wiki and I actually checked. In the reactions_magicloom the quantity for reagent is 1, which produces 20000 fleece.
I changed that to 10000 and lo and behold, the quantity of fleece made drops to 2.
So in order to repair that, all that you need to do is go to "raw/reactions_magicloom.txt" (in your main game and all worlds folders. Don't forget that! I actually lost half an hour trying to get what's wrong until I realised I've been only changing in the main folder and not in the world itself...) and change
[REAGENT:B:1:CLOTH:ANY_YARN_MATERIAL:NONE:NONE][MIN_DIMENSION:10000]
to
[REAGENT:B:10000:CLOTH:ANY_YARN_MATERIAL:NONE:NONE][MIN_DIMENSION:10000]
At least this is what worked in my case.
And make sure to change the rest of cloth based reactions in the file. There are four of them including the one above.
Dunno if it's necessary to change other files though.

I hope I helped, cause I don't know if that's going to work for all.
Cheers!

Ooooorrrr... you can just simply delete the number and one colon on either side... that works too... can't believe I did not check it...
Disregard this correction. It doesn't work. My mistake. Nothing else to see here, move out!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:20:25 pm by Asssasin Asha »

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 06, 2013, 05:09:06 am »

Stupid double post... any way to delete this?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:11:11 am by Asssasin Asha »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 06, 2013, 08:27:56 am »

Well I got the game to work but now when I play things are going so fast it's not even funny. I was kind of worried about things being slowed down from using a mod but instead I can't begin to fathom what's happening. Is there a way to slow things down? Cause this is going to be way too hard to keep track of when more ponies arrive.

Did you turn the FPS cap off in the init file?  Might want to recheck it and set it to a limit like 100.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 06, 2013, 05:38:40 pm »

It IS set at 100 right now. How low can it be turned down?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 06, 2013, 06:20:03 pm »

Probably as low as 1.  50 is probably a better cap if 100 is too much for you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 06, 2013, 06:40:13 pm »

Ooooorrrr... you can just simply delete the number and one colon on either side... that works too... can't believe I did not check it...

...no you couldn't?

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 06, 2013, 07:10:28 pm »

...no you couldn't?
Hmm... that's... okay, wait let me check properly... right, it makes strange things going on... Though for the first 10 tries it miraculously worked like a charm... then started spewing out four pieces of fleece that suddenly turned into eight... gotta re-add that number... though I swear I saw another reaction with cloth being executed that way... hmmm... I never checked that one. Might be wrong too. Never mind, got it.
It's in reaction_other_pony.txt file. The two about making cloth quiver and backpack. You need to add this 10000 there as well. I think. Correct me if I'm wrong.

And thank you, friend! I am completely new to this modding thing and I make silly mistakes like that. And then only running three tests... 100 it is next time!
Cheers!

Edit:
Can anyone tell me why submitting a new reply throws me out to the main board? Kinda weird...

And also. Why can't my ponies make training weapons? Is this a feature or bug? The options simply do not exist at the carpenter's.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 07:14:27 pm by Asssasin Asha »

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 07, 2013, 07:34:02 pm »

I've found out how to fix the rainbow extrapolator, it should now require the proper blueprint instead of any item classified as "tool".

In raw\building_pony.txt search for "Rainbow Color Extrapolator". Below, just before the entry for the next building starts, there should be a line:
Code: [Select]
[BUILD_ITEM:1:TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_BLUEPRINT_RAINBOW_WORKSHOP:NONE:NONE]
Change WORKSHOP to EXTRAPOLATOR.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 81