Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 180818 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: My Little Fortress: Losing is !!MAGIC!! (Formerly known as Fanon is Magic)
« Reply #330 on: February 07, 2013, 07:45:51 pm »

And also. Why can't my ponies make training weapons? Is this a feature or bug? The options simply do not exist at the carpenter's.

That would be because the item is probably missing from the pony entity file.  I don't remember the exact syntax, but compare it to the dwarven one from a vanilla install and you should see something about permitted items.  Find the ones for training weapons and copy them over.

Just to be clear though, there's really no need for them anymore, unless you just want them there for flavor.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: February 07, 2013, 08:18:08 pm »

And also. Why can't my ponies make training weapons? Is this a feature or bug? The options simply do not exist at the carpenter's.

That would be because the item is probably missing from the pony entity file.  I don't remember the exact syntax, but compare it to the dwarven one from a vanilla install and you should see something about permitted items.  Find the ones for training weapons and copy them over.

Just to be clear though, there's really no need for them anymore, unless you just want them there for flavor.

Or if you're trying to get more axes and you don't have any metal.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: February 08, 2013, 10:43:57 am »

Well, tried that at some point, didn't work. Do I have to regen the world or what? Tried, nothing.
Never mind, I'm an idiot... Yes, you are right. Though aside from modifying the raws I have to re-generate the world. Only then it works. Main rule of modding... when in doubt, re-gen! Also, guess why the first re-gen didn't work?

Oh, and why do I need them? How else can I build relatively safe danger room? I need training spears to do it.
Unless of course there is other way to rapidly train military with this mod.
Yes, I am impatient, why do you ask?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 10:56:05 am by Asssasin Asha »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: February 08, 2013, 11:36:36 am »

Oh, right.  I've never built a danger room, so that didn't occur to me.

Quote from: Dsarker
Or if you're trying to get more axes and you don't have any metal.

Nor did this.  I keep forgetting you can cut down trees with a wooden axe just as well as a steel one.

In the future though, if you've got a world you like and don't want to have to regen for something minor like needing training spears or axes, you can replace an existing custom reaction to produce the item.  Just leave the reaction's identifier alone and replace its reagents and product with what you want.  It's less than ideal, but can work in a pinch.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: February 08, 2013, 03:17:57 pm »

Yeah, I did not think of modifying a reaction.
On different note. Where can I actually find and plant sunflowers? It says any_tropical, but it doesn't work in tropical freshwater swamp. Well, not sure if they are not existent there, but I cannot plant them. Same in tropical shrubland and tropical conifer forest. Unless I don't understand something. Obviously, I am an idiot... I could not plant them because I did not collect them! Ordering all ponies to gather plants from an area quickly remedied the problem. Which is strange for in other fort I did have an option to plant winter lettuce despite not having neither the plant nor its seeds. Though it was growing around.

Also
Edit: I compared it to the cave wheat entry, and looks like this line is missing:

[MILL:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:MILL]

I don't have time to test that this morning before work, but I suspect that's the problem.

You are correct with that. Adding this line will enable the potatoes to be milled, thus generating spawns and enabling further planting. And you don't even need to re-gen.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2013, 07:10:53 pm by Asssasin Asha »

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: February 08, 2013, 10:47:42 pm »

Assassin Asha, thanks for pointing how to fix the bugged fleece interaction. Now if only we could puzzle out why the extract color options won't work.... I really wanted to make rainbow dye, not import it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: February 09, 2013, 01:56:48 am »

Assassin Asha, thanks for pointing how to fix the bugged fleece interaction. Now if only we could puzzle out why the extract color options won't work.... I really wanted to make rainbow dye, not import it.

post 'em, let me see 'em.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: February 09, 2013, 04:47:31 am »

Dumb question but how do you process silk roses? Kind of want to make stuff at my clothiers but it's hard to without being able to grind them up.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: February 09, 2013, 07:55:27 am »

Dumb question but how do you process silk roses? Kind of want to make stuff at my clothiers but it's hard to without being able to grind them up.
They are processed at farmer's workshop by "Process plants" command. You get thread and seeds. Thread can then be processed in loom to get silk cloth. It's automatic, so you should watch out if you need silk thread for some reason.

Now this. Well for starters in reactions_weather.txt the last option from the manual (9. Extract rainbow juice from rainbow) doesn't work because the reaction [REACTION:DISTILL_RAINBOW_JUICE] lacks name and building tags. Adding them correctly allows to generate jugs of rainbow juice. Not a big improvement, considering that I still can't use this juice to extract colors at extrapolator. Still red...

And again, edit.
I just noticed that the game generates lots of errors in the error logs. Namely
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Anyway, I think what's to be done here is go to the file creature_pony_pony_NEW.txt and change all MECHANICSS into MECHANICS and all those CM_MECHANICS1 (and other numbers) into CM_MECHANIC1 (and other numbers). At least that's what stopped those errors for me.

Still trying to figure out this stupid rainbow.

It's funny, how the gasses being produced in rainbow refractor are harmless to non-pegasi. I made a rainbow without the feathered ones. Nopony's hurt.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 10:37:53 am by Asssasin Asha »

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: February 09, 2013, 02:19:01 pm »

Yes, I am double posting, but this is important enough to let it slide, I hope.
I figured out the rainbows! Got myself some dye! YAY!

Okay, here's what to do. Step by step. In spoilers for space.
And that's it! Now you can extract the color. Then make it into dye which will be put into bag. Then you can use it to dye your threads and cloths. Just remember that one bag of dye will allow you to dye one thread/cloth. I am not aware whether or not this is correct. I never ventured into dyeing branch when playing vanilla DF so I got nothing to compare here.
Now all we need to do is to make the clouds from the manufacture process hurt non-pegasi. I think we might want to use the symptoms and all that, though I'm not sure how it works yet. I might sit to try this if we agree on the symptoms. As in, inhale and hurt lungs or burn skin on contact if not pegasi. That stuff.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 02:23:04 pm by Asssasin Asha »

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: February 09, 2013, 07:10:52 pm »

Just remember that one bag of dye will allow you to dye one thread/cloth. I am not aware whether or not this is correct. I never ventured into dyeing branch when playing vanilla DF so I got nothing to compare here.

I think it's 1 unit of dye/1 thread or cloth. Bags seem to contain up to 10 units of dye.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: February 09, 2013, 08:09:53 pm »

I think it's 1 unit of dye/1 thread or cloth. Bags seem to contain up to 10 units of dye.
Hmm... well from the reaction it doesn't seem like it. Not with those numbers. And it actually makes only one unit per bag. I will try different number combos. Unless only one dye/bag is a desired effect. Thanks for info, though. I am genuinely not aware of those amounts. Dunno why, but never even tried dyeing...
Still, even if somewhat impaired... we have dye!

Edit: Well, at this moment bumping up the number at
Code: [Select]
[PRODUCT:100:1:POWDER_MISC:NONE:INORGANIC:RED_DYESeems to give more dyes. When I changed this 1 to 10 it produced a bag with 10 units of dye. And then dyeing uses them one at a time. So you would have to change that in every reaction of making dye. I can't really think of something better now. A bit too late for that.
So with that, I'm off! Goodnight!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:18:17 pm by Asssasin Asha »

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: February 10, 2013, 04:49:57 pm »

They are processed at farmer's workshop by "Process plants" command. You get thread and seeds. Thread can then be processed in loom to get silk cloth. It's automatic, so you should watch out if you need silk thread for some reason.

Thanks. This stuff should really be on the manual. D: Also does anybody know how strong ironwool is? Usually mods describe the relative protection level but I couldn't find anything to indicate the amount. The components make me want to assume it's perhaps slightly weaker than normal iron but lighter due to being part wool.
------------------------
Edit: Welp, I tried to use process plant to mill the silk roses but it didn't work. Even tried using the process to x ones and nothing happened. Going to try a millstone and see if that solves it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 02:04:15 am by zlurker »

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: February 11, 2013, 01:26:52 pm »

Edit: Welp, I tried to use process plant to mill the silk roses but it didn't work. Even tried using the process to x ones and nothing happened. Going to try a millstone and see if that solves it.

I believe there has been some misunderstanding. Silk roses are not millable. You can only process them at farmer's workshop. It gives you thread and seeds. Seeds can only be planted again and thread is used in clothing. That's all. Perhaps you mean some other plant?
As for ironwool, I looked at the raws and it is quite interesting. The entire part about yield, stress and all that, is copied straight form iron. About the only change is a bit smaller density and some missing/not_needed_here tags. So it would appear that ironwool possesses the defensive qualities of iron while being a bit lighter.
And it is, interestingly enough, a type of leather, not a cloth or metal. Main template is taken from fleece, which means it acts as leather and you can make normal leather items out of it. You know, cloaks, dresses, backpacks, the works. Though I don't see an option to make armor. Ponies probably don't use it.
And if I understand correctly, it will have the same/similar defensive properties as objects made of iron. Though it is heavier than normal leather/fleece clothing. Density of fleece is 450 while ironwool is 6500 and iron is 7850.
Of course, I might be wrong, since I'm new to modding, so it would be preferable if someone more knowledgeable could confirm/deny my hypothesis.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:28:54 pm by Asssasin Asha »

Hetairos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: February 11, 2013, 07:50:27 pm »

I haven't got to dyeing in the mod yet, so I'm not certain how do things work there. But I checked my vanilla fortress to make sure I got the numbers right, and yeah. 1 dye/1 thread or cloth, and [10] is the largest stack of dye appearing in the stocks screen.

There is an option to make ironwool armour at the magic loom, as well as barding. However, item_armor_pony.txt lists padding [ARMORLEVEL:1] and mail barding [ARMORLEVEL:2], and I don't know which one refers to which.

About dyeing itself: it can increase the value of cloth several times at high quality levels, so it's quite worthwhile if you want more valuable clothing.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 81