Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 81

Author Topic: My Little Fortress - 2016 (DF 0.43.04) yay!  (Read 181218 times)

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
  • Mysterious Transmissions
    • View Profile

I don't know about butchering the dingo.  Is it possible it was too small to give back butchering products?

I did tests in non-moded DF and I can get and eat meat.
Only in My Little Fortress do I run into the problem of butchering an animal and not getting edible meat from any animal.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

It's possible that the entity ethics actually apply there, but if you added humans back in to the game I don't know why that would happen.  Did you copy the human entity file from a regular install into the mod, or did you try to piece a new one together from the pony's entity?  Or did you just add a human caste to the pony civ?
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I copied the human civ and species from the RAR files of normal Dwarf Fortress

I only altered one thing in the civ is setting their max civ number to zero, because I wanted to play as a human outsider with no civ.

Though now I have a theory that I’ll test when I get home.
I think being an Outsider gives me the ethics of whatever civ I happen to start in.  And since the only place I can start in is pony villages my human gets their ethics.  If my theory is correct if I make a human civ show up on the map and start a hero in it then I should be able to get meat.  This is only a theory though so I’ll test it.  If it doesn’t work then there is a problem with the mod, if it does work then well that’s annoying cuz I didn’t want a human civ mucking up my world but still wanted to play as human adventures.
Dwarf Fortress.
The only game where throwing babies into a pit with crazed dogs will be considered a beneficial concept.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok I ran the test and it failed
Even when playing as a non outside adventurer from a civ that allows eating meat I cannot get edible meat from a butchered animal.

Something is wrong with the mod or something causing butchering to not produce edible meat.
Though more testing may be required
Dwarf Fortress.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile

I'm not sure that's even possible, actually.  Butchering products are hard coded I think, unless the mod changed something very strange with animal tissues.  That seems unlikely though, since that would affect all species as you're seeing and things like griffons should be able to eat meat.

I'm not sure what else the problem could be though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ran another test
Made griffins playable in fortress mode to see if they could produce meat
Short version is no.
Griffins in fortress mode when they butcher animals don’t get meat or tanable regrents for makeing leather.
I still got fat and all the other bits but I got no meat that can be eaten.
I’m not an expert on this so I have no idea what’s causing this since it can’t be entity ethics since I was playing as griffins.  It has to be something within the mod itself causing this bug.
Dwarf Fortress.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made you a plant table using my script. I got a lot of undefined values somewhere, so I guess I should look into it. This is most likely due to lack of underground crops.

Read 101 plants.

Dfhack # getplants commands for easy designating tree cutting and plant gathering:

Aboveground bushes: (only edible, cookable or brewable)
# getplants ROOT_CARROT RADISH TURNIPS DANDELION GOLDENROD_FLOWERS SUNFLOWER POTATO CELERY SUGAR_CANE SUGAR_BEETS WINTER LETTUCE SILK_ROSE FLAX STRAWBERRY COCOA_BEAN COCOA PONY_GRASS_WHEAT SLIVER_BARB BERRY_SUN

Aboveground trees:
# getplants MANGROVE SAGUARO PINE CEDAR OAK MAHOGANY ACACIA KAPOK MAPLE WILLOW GLUMPRONG FEATHER HIGHWOOD LARCH CHESTNUT ALDER BIRCH ASH CANDLENUT MANGO RUBBER CACAO PALM

Underground trees:
# getplants TOWER_CAP BLACK_CAP NETHER_CAP GOBLIN_CAP FUNGIWOOD TUNNEL_TUBE SPORE_TREE BLOOD_THORN

Aboveground crop table:

Name
 ID
ValueGrowsSeasonsEatCookBrew (Value) (Cook)Products (Value)Hints
carrots
 ROOT_CARROT
342Spring Summer Autumn YesYescarrot juice (2) (Y)N/A--
radish
 RADISH
216Spring Summer Autumn YesYesradish juice (1) (Y)DYE: radish dye (4)

Cook
turnip
 TURNIPS
216Summer Autumn YesYesradish juice (1) (Y)N/ACook
dandelion
 DANDELION
18Spring Summer YesNodandelion tea (1) (Y)N/A--
goldenrod
 GOLDENROD_FLOWERS
433Spring Summer NoYesN/ADYE: goldenrod dye (8)

Cook
sunflower
 SUNFLOWER
541Spring Summer Autumn NoPr.N/ALEAF: sunflower leaves (5)

OIL: sunflower seed oil (10)
 SOAP: sunflower soap (20)
 PRESSED: sunflower seed cake (1)

Leaves
potato
 POTATO
325All yearNoYesN/AFLOUR: potato flour (6)

--
celery
 CELERY
216Spring Summer Autumn YesYescelery juice (1) (Y)N/ACook
sugar cane
 SUGAR_CANE
541Summer Autumn YesPr.N/ASUGAR: cane sugar (10)

--
sugar beet
 SUGAR_BEETS
250Summer Autumn YesPr.N/ASUGAR: beet sugar (8)

--
winter lettuce
 WINTER LETTUCE
541Winter YesYeslettuc juice (3) (Y)N/A--
silk rose
 SILK_ROSE
433All yearNoNosilk rose tea (2) (Y)N/A--
flax
 FLAX
216All yearNoPr.N/ATHREAD: flax thread (2)

FLOUR: flaxseed meal (4)
 OIL: flaxseed oil (4)
 SOAP: flaxseed soap (8)
 PRESSED: flaxseed cake (1)

Thread
cotton
 COTTON
225All yearNoNoN/ATHREAD: cotton thread (2)

Thread
jute
 JUTE
225All yearNoNoN/ATHREAD: jute thread (2)

Thread
strawberry
 STRAWBERRY
541Summer Autumn YesYesstrawberry juice (3) (Y)DYE: strawberry dye (10)

--
cocoa beans
 COCOA_BEAN
241Spring Summer NoYesN/AN/ACook
cocoa
 COCOA
225N/A? NoneNoYesN/AN/ACook
wheat
 PONY_GRASS_WHEAT
241Spring Summer Autumn NoPr.N/AFLOUR: wheat flour (20)

Mill
sliver barb
 SLIVER_BARB
125All yearNoNogutter cruor (1) (Y)DYE: sliver dye (20)

--
sun berry
 BERRY_SUN
325All yearYesYessunshine (5) (Y)N/ABrew

Subterranean crop table:

Name
 ID

Fake plant table:

Name
 ID
water
 WATER
00N/A? NoneNoNowater (0)N/A--
apple
 PONY_APPLE
20N/A? NoneNoNoN/AN/A--
quality apple
 PONY_APPLE_QUALITY
20N/A? NoneNoNoN/AN/A--
basket of apples
 PONY_APPLE_BASKET
20N/A? NoneYesYesN/AN/ACook
chocolate bar
 CHOCOLATE
100N/A? NoneYesYeshot cocoa (10) (Y)N/ABrew
sweet chocolate bar
 SWEET_CHOCOLATE
300N/A? NoneYesYeschocolate milk (15) (Y)N/A--
processed wheat
 PONY_PROCESSED_WHEAT
20N/A? NoneNoPr.N/AFLOUR: wheat flour (20)

Mill

« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 05:20:55 pm by Maklak »
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I know I'm going to enjoy getting back into DF with this mod...if I can get it running right.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 09:38:59 am by Khaos »

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile

Well, I know I'm going to enjoy getting back into DF with this mod...if I can get it running right.

SHouldn't be too hard, its prepackaged and DF should start up like normal

Gargomaxthalus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What the hell is this My Little Pony craze sweeping the nation? The last time I checked it was a little girls cartoon. Now even grown men are into it? I don't think Armok is the God of Bronies! I'm not trying to criticize you if you're into it. Nor am I trying to criticize this or other like minded mods. I can appreciate the time and effort spent on such endeavours. I just don't understand...

Nonetheless I will be sacrificing unwitting ponies that cross my boarders, on the sacrificial altar to Armok!

I'm a 29 year old male and I love Friendship is magic. Go read Fallout Equestria, shortly after Littlepip leaves Stable 2 you'll never think of either franchise the same way again.(HIGHLY GRAPHIC: RATED: Adults Only) When it comes to Friendship is Magic itself, it's own potential for utter darkness and despair becomes apparent in the first few episodes.
Well lets see... at least half of what I say is complete bullshit. Hell the other half tends to be pretty sketchy...

OOOOHHHH,JUST SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AND MAYBE I'LL GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

javascript:void(0)
javascript:void(0)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

What the hell is this My Little Pony craze sweeping the nation? The last time I checked it was a little girls cartoon. Now even grown men are into it? I don't think Armok is the God of Bronies! I'm not trying to criticize you if you're into it. Nor am I trying to criticize this or other like minded mods. I can appreciate the time and effort spent on such endeavours. I just don't understand...

Nonetheless I will be sacrificing unwitting ponies that cross my boarders, on the sacrificial altar to Armok!

I'm a 29 year old male and I love Friendship is magic. Go read Fallout Equestria, shortly after Littlepip leaves Stable 2 you'll never think of either franchise the same way again.(HIGHLY GRAPHIC: RATED: Adults Only) When it comes to Friendship is Magic itself, it's own potential for utter darkness and despair becomes apparent in the first few episodes.

Note: if you don't like ponies, don't do this. It'll make it far worse. If you already think of bronies as creepy, FO:E will make you think of them as psychotic.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile

Note: if you don't like ponies, don't do this. It'll make it far worse. If you already think of bronies as creepy, FO:E will make you think of them as psychotic.

Nah, that's Cupcakes.

Asssasin Asha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, after some time I finally figured out how to give myself alicorns at embark and I couldn't help but notice that the cutie mark/color descriptions are missing one alicorn.
Currently we have alicorns of:
1.Sun
2.Moon/Stars
3.Magic
4.Love(judging by heart CM)
5.Absolute Blank-Flank-And-Color-Less-Ness.

It seems that the last was simply overlooked during the color description writing. All that is to be done is find some matching cutie marks and add colors.
Any ideas as to what this one alicorn should represent?

Phenoix12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Any ideas as to what this one alicorn should represent?

Have a list: War, Life/Death, Nature/Earth, Harmony, Creation
Dwarf Fortress.

taliakirana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The current alicorn cutie mark list isn't complete yet. What's there was actually just something thrown in to fix the problem of them having no description at all.
If you want to play this mod, I suggest you read the last few pages of the thread. There are some fixes that have been worked out since the last release. (Especially since some of the civs are lacking trade and siege triggers. As a temporary fix, I just copied the info from the zebra file. And the zebra file has a bunch of obsolete reactions from the old pony mod that need removing.) I'd offer to share my raws again, but I've been tinkering with them beyond fixing bugs.
(I may have tossed in the idea for assistant medic positions that was raised in the general modding forum, the therapist position that was posted in the Fallout Equestria thread... and I'm thinking of tossing in that blockcraft workshop somebody worked out a few months back. Sorry I can't credit specifically, I haven't really been all that active with DF lately... that was all stuff I was doing before I got sidetracked with other things.)
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 81