Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542738 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #825 on: November 16, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »

Inside a tavern...

Samuel, having had his fun, staggers out of the tavern! He finds himself in some kind of city! Not the one he was in, though! This one's smaller! And it smells much, much worse.

Having found himself in this strange place, Samuel drops to his knees and faces the heavens in silent prayer! He requires guidance!

[Praying roll: 4-1]

Despite extreme inebriation, he manages to stumble through some words of prayer! He feels a little better. No divine guidance, though! Oh, damn it.

Somewhere...

Jordan's soul floats in oblivion within an arm's reach of some form of light! He attempts to grasp it, but there is a chain that binds him to the mortal realm. As long as the binding persists, he will dangle hopelessly in the astral realm, forever out of reach of the powers that be!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:09:59 pm by Harry Baldman »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: November 16, 2012, 12:42:43 pm »

Bite on the chain! I SHALL MAKE IT BACK!
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: November 16, 2012, 12:50:13 pm »

Samuel's going to...Well, what can he do? He's a magically drunk skeleton who's only magic is canes, and he continuously fails to do anything correct. He's going to try and summon a very minor demon to serve him. Maybe an imp?

Demonology! Fun past-time!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: November 16, 2012, 01:26:52 pm »

Outside a tavern in an unknown city...

Samuel thinks it would be a good idea to obtain a demon-like familiar! He, being very drunk, tries this immediately!

[Magic roll: 2-3]

A giant gate opens in front of him! A creature of pure darkness and deception steps out of it!

"RIGHT, NOW, WHO DID THAT? WHO THOUGHT IT WOULD BE CLEVER TO SUMMON THE LORD OF LIES IN THIS HOLE OF A TOWN? HAR HAR, VERY FUNNY. NOW, LET'S SEE."

[Lord of Lies perception roll: 5]

One of its many eyes of shadow rests on Samuel's drunken form!

[Reaction roll: 6]

"IT APPEARS THAT I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED BY A DRUNKEN SKELETON WITH A MAGIC STICK."

There is a moment of awkward silence.

Samuel really wishes the silence would have been longer. Anything but what follows.

The demon bursts into hideous laughter that echoes throughout the city!

[Samuel will roll: 5]
[City damage roll: 4]
[Citizen will roll: 4]

Samuel clutches his skull and curls up in a fetal position! He can hear the demon's screaming, wailing laughter over all else! It doesn't really seem to be very harmful to him, though!

The demon stops suddenly! Samuel can hear a stone building collapse somewhere. Also, the faint sound of sobbing seems to be coming from all around him.

"OKAY, I'M ALRIGHT NOW."

[Demon self-control roll: 1]

That turns out to be a bit of a lie. The demon falls down on the ground and rolls around laughing even more disturbingly than before!

[Samuel will roll: 5]
[City damage roll: 5]
[Citizen will roll: 5]

Nothing seems to have been permanently hurt aside from a few shattered psyches! Whew. This must be a pretty well-constructed city.

The demon finally gets up and dusts itself off.

"I REALLY NEEDED THAT, YOU KNOW. IMMORTALITY AND NEAR-OMNIPOTENCE CAN BE SO BORING."

[Demon idea roll: 3]

The demon looks at Samuel! Samuel really doesn't like it!

"HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO BECOME A JESTER IN MY COURT OF ABOMINATIONS?"

In the aether of souls...

Jordan tries to bite at his chain! It is, sadly, too magical and figurative to succumb to physical assault!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 01:39:32 pm by Harry Baldman »

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: November 16, 2012, 01:35:29 pm »

Samuel will reply; "I would, but my soul is...Bound to the service of another. Regrettably, the bargain went very sour, and I lost a great deal to it. As such, I've learned not to trust...Demons. Excuse the rudeness, however. My name is Samuel. I am a...Crippled "Man", with one goal: To acquire ancient, powerful Magic, the likes which this world has not seen for a very, very long time. Sadly, it hasn't been going so well as of late. Do you, perhaps, know of any way to quickly acquire power? Over those who are...Alive, dead or...Somewhere in-between. Right, I'll be blunt; - I wish to become a Necromancer. But not just some skeleton-zombie raising, vampire-binding goofball; - I want Magic of other types as well. Power to control, bind, create, DESTROY. I don't have a soul to offer, but maybe something else?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:00:39 pm by Caerwyn »

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: November 16, 2012, 01:40:04 pm »

Try to use my mind to break the chain!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:46:12 pm by Greenstarfanatic »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: November 16, 2012, 01:40:33 pm »

Samuel will reply; "I would, but my soul is...Binded to the service of another. Regrettably, the bargain was very sour, and I lost a great deal to it. As such, I've learned not to trust...Demons. Excuse the rudeness, however. My name is Samuel. I am a...Crippled "Man", with one goal: To bring my friend, Jordan, back from...Death-death-un-death. Which hasn't been going so well as of late. Do you, perhaps, know of any way to bring him back? Alive or undead, either or. Preferably as something powerful. I don't have a soul to offer, but maybe something else?

((I haven't actually said this before, but don't metagame. You don't actually know that Jordan is dead again.))

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: November 16, 2012, 01:42:53 pm »

Samuel will reply; "I would, but my soul is...Binded to the service of another. Regrettably, the bargain was very sour, and I lost a great deal to it. As such, I've learned not to trust...Demons. Excuse the rudeness, however. My name is Samuel. I am a...Crippled "Man", with one goal: To bring my friend, Jordan, back from...Death-death-un-death. Which hasn't been going so well as of late. Do you, perhaps, know of any way to bring him back? Alive or undead, either or. Preferably as something powerful. I don't have a soul to offer, but maybe something else?

((I haven't actually said this before, but don't metagame. You don't actually know that Jordan is dead again.))
In fact, I don't think anyone knows. Or will know. I AM stuck, surrounded by a bunch of Backgammon-Playing demons.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: November 16, 2012, 01:57:45 pm »

Oh. Really? How about I made the connection when my zombie-brother's thin thread on life got snapped? We WERE raised by the same necromancer. I'll change my turn accordingly, however.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: November 16, 2012, 02:09:23 pm »

In the vicinity of the Lord of Lies...

Samuel attempts to explain that he has no soul of his own to give to the demon! He also attempts to negotiate for something else.

[Nonverbal communication roll: 2-1]

He attempts to convey this notion through interpretive dance! He kind of loses his train of thought in the middle of it, though, and just looks pretty jolly, actually! In fact, he doesn't look very enslaved at all!

"I KNEW YOU'D AGREE! COME WITH ME, LET'S GO TO MY REALM!"

[Lord of Lies magic roll: 2+3]

The demon lifts Samuel into the air and pulls him into the giant gate, then steps through it himself! Samuel travels with the horrid creature through the screaming void!

[Samuel will roll: 1]

The horror is too much for him, and Samuel blacks out!

He only awakens slightly later! He's still completely drunk, though. Odd, that. He finds himself in the middle of a court of horrible shadow creatures! In the middle of it all the Lord of Lies itself stands! It commands in a screeching voice!

"DANCE, JESTER! I AM IN NEED OF ENTERTAINMENT!"

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: November 16, 2012, 02:11:47 pm »

Samuel will drunkenly dance, summoning canes! CANES! CAAAAAANES! He has plans! But it requires Canes!

Note Gained: Learn Drunken Boxing, and Drunken Magic. Try and hire Jackie Chun as an instructor, as well.

Oh, yeah. Sorry about that whole Meta-Gaming thing. I'd like to say that I'm a good RTD player, but a bad role-player, but I'm not exactly a professional at either. Still, we learn more from our mistakes than our successes, right?

...As poor Sam is obviously learning...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 02:16:32 pm by Caerwyn »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: November 16, 2012, 02:21:59 pm »

In the realm of the Lord of Lies...

Samuel does what he does best - dance!

[Dancing roll: 5-1]

Even though there's no music, Samuel dances with admirable drunkenness! He falls at amusing times and generally acts natural, which is to say completely wasted! The demon and his minions screech and cheer at his performance!

"EXCELLENT JESTERING, JESTER!"

Samuel, however, is far from being done! He attempts to summon his good old companions, the dancing magical canes!

[Magic roll: 1-1]

He summons an exact copy of himself, except made of canes (well, at least with a higher cane-to-bone ratio)! It lunges at him!

[Cane Doppelganger vs. Samuel: 1+1-1 vs. 5+2-1]

The doppelganger, however, is just as totally magically boozed-up as Samuel! It manages to hit itself in the torso! Samuel tries to help it with that last bit!

[Counterattack: Samuel vs. Cane Doppelganger: 2+1-1 vs. 3+2-1]

[Demon reaction roll: 6]

The demon is clearly enjoying the spectacle!

"I LOVE DRUNKEN COMBAT! IT'S SO CLUMSY AND AWKWARD!"

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: November 16, 2012, 02:24:27 pm »

Sam will tap into his...Empty insides (Literally), and try to draw a bit of strength from there, and FORCE the cane-clone into his eternal service.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: November 16, 2012, 02:37:12 pm »

In the court of the Lord of Lies...

Samuel attempts to tap into his insides!

[Tapping roll: 6]

He taps really hard! He makes a vomiting motion at the cane-clone! Solid green light comes from his mouth and envelops the clone!

[Clone will roll: 1]

The clone emits a loud cane-burp and passes out! It is inebriated to the point of achieving an alcoholic coma! Despite not actually being alive!

You know, Samuel might be able to try this trick again! It's like an instant party in his mouth!

Samuel now has Inebriation Breath!

[Demon reaction roll: 5]

The demon and his lackeys begin to applaud with great enthusiasm!

"NEVER SEEN THAT TRICK BEFORE! YOU HAVE AMUSED ME, JESTER, SO YOU ARE FREE TO GO FOR NOW! I WILL CALL UPON YOU WHEN I AM IN NEED OF YOUR SERVICES ONCE MORE!"

[Lord of Lies magic roll: 5+3]

Samuel is enveloped by total darkness and hurled through many dimensions!

[Samuel will roll: 4]

He manages to not completely lose his composure this time! He just puts his skeletal hands in front of his eye sockets and sings a merry drinking song to block out the horrible screaming!

[Luck roll: 4]

Suddenly, he finds himself resting on a log outside of the city he was in until recently!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: November 16, 2012, 02:42:13 pm »

Sam will shake off his stupor, and immediately attempt to learn how to cast magic effectively...Whilst drunk!
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 719