Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542777 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter Two: Books, Baubles and Boyfriends!
« Reply #1050 on: November 21, 2012, 08:16:32 am »

Inside a room in a spiral on an alien world...

Vincent takes one of the chairs and flips it around!

[? roll: ?]

He feels a vague sense of dread while doing so, but nothing else happens! He sits down! Doesn't seem like it was made for a creature like him. Not very ergonomic for one of his spinal alignment. In fact, if he was human, sitting on it would qualify as a pretty painful experience.

The podium begins to glow with an eerie light! A glowing opening appears in the air (or whatever is in here). It seems that something is peering at him from within!

[Will roll: 6]

Vincent immediately stands up and tries to look as polite as possible! Being out of your element is no excuse for rudeness, after all.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: November 21, 2012, 09:32:44 am »

Ouch. That hurts me especially. XD

P.S. Try purple?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: November 21, 2012, 09:45:44 am »

Try purple?

((Taken. Sort of twice, actually. Once by Bernie's sister, plus Yoink's character is sort of purple. And on yellowgreen, hey, at least it's not cornflower blue.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: November 21, 2012, 10:10:00 am »

Try purple?

((Taken. Sort of twice, actually. Once by Bernie's sister, plus Yoink's character is sort of purple. And on yellowgreen, hey, at least it's not cornflower blue.))
((I've a feeling you're listing all the colors I frequently use just to spite me. XD

There's goldenrod, fuchsia, turquoise, gold, silver....I experiment too much...))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: November 21, 2012, 10:48:10 am »

Samucane will now go and gently wake up Bernie with a few soft cane plushies.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: November 21, 2012, 11:23:40 am »

Inside the cottage of Bernie's sister...

Samucane tries to get back to Bernie!

[Magic roll: 2+1]

It feebly floats there, dragging its lower half on the ground! Eventually it reaches its destination!

[Bernie waking up roll: 6]

Great! It looks like Bernie's up already! Looks quite heavily bruised, though! He is currently busy making a cane bonfire!

[Bernie perception roll: 1]

He also remains totally oblivious to Samucane's presence, babbling something about rotten bastard skeletons and needing new minions! There is a hint of murderous intent in his manner!

Suddenly there is a sound of breaking glass! Samucane sees that Bernie is gone! Wonder what that's all about? Oh well.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: November 21, 2012, 12:04:05 pm »

Samucane will follow the sound, and obviously locate Bernie!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: November 21, 2012, 12:10:16 pm »

Search around for any loot lying about, then head back to the life studies dept.
((I really want a healing book focus so I can return to my normal form. If I use the same spell, It'll be just as powerful, and hopefully... I won't be a snail any more. I might even get my arms back!))
[/optimism]
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: November 21, 2012, 12:12:24 pm »

Search around for any loot lying about, then head back to the life studies dept.
((I really want a healing book focus so I can return to my normal form. If I use the same spell, It'll be just as powerful, and hopefully... I won't be a snail any more. I might even get my arms back!))
[/optimism]
((Or, you may be smited in some horrible way. Tough i find it hard to think of something worse than a snail))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: November 21, 2012, 12:55:01 pm »

Inside the mausoleum of Bernie...

Samucane investigates the sound it just heard!

[Intelligence roll: ?]

Well, none of the glass bottles around here are broken. Neither is there any other bit of glass around. Hm.

Inside the Library...

James, feeling highly dejected, looks for something worth stealing!

[Search roll: 4]

He finds a peculiar set of glasses lying around on a nearby table! They look pretty valuable, with their gold frame and high-quality lenses. Also, there is a peculiar jewel mounted on what could only be described as a forehead-plate above the frame.

He grabs the glasses and heads to the Life Studies Department!

Yep, it's still totally burned down! Awesome!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: November 21, 2012, 01:00:38 pm »

Look for a life-studies Mage, drag them into a dark alleyway, terrify, beaversnailgoat, then loot corpse.
((sound familier?))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: November 21, 2012, 01:44:05 pm »

Wave at the light and see what happens.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: November 21, 2012, 02:30:48 pm »

Outside the Life Studies Department...

James tries to find a lifemage!

[Search roll: 3]

He finds a mage. She's dressed in all black robes and seems to be poking a fire in the department's ruins!

"... serves the bloody bastards right... lousy lifemages..."

[Ambush roll: 5]

James manages to sneak up on her perfectly! He entangles her in his snail heads and pulls her off to a dark alleyway!

[Noise roll: 6]

The mage remains totally quiet during the entire ordeal! Eventually James deposits her on the ground behind the Metamorphosis Department!

[Beaversnailgoating roll: 3]

He tries his best to perform his beaversnailgoating routine, but the mage remains unimpressed! At the end of the ordeal, James feels somewhat inadequate!

"Was that it?"

[Mage reaction roll: 2]

She begins to wave her hands!

[Magic roll: 3]

A horrifying image flashes in James' mind for a second! Hm, wonder what it was.

"Was that it?"

On an alien world, far from home...

Vincent waves to the light!

He feels whatever peers at him tilt one of its many whatsits quizzically!

It appears to be attempting to invade Vincent's head!

[Vincent will roll: 5]

Vincent holds back as well as he can, but the mental tendrils of the creature reach his metaphorical brain after what appears to be a lifetime of mental struggle!

~why are you here~

Meanwhile, in the Great Hope Graveyard...

Near a mausoleum, two rather bored-looking undead lurk in the shadows! One seems to be telling the other about that time a guy tried to tell him that his potions must be watered down, which they, by the way, never were, and he has the documentation to prove it! The other remains stoically silent and completely legless. They've been here for quite a while, actually.

"So, then I was traveling the wilderness, and bandits ambushed me! They said that they'll take my money or my life, I said I've got potions. They said that my potions are watered down. I said screw you. They killed me. Guess they won that argument."

Suddenly, there is the sound of exploding flesh and a very angry-looking and bruised necromancer appears in front of them!

"Two undead, eh? Pah, you'll do."

"What?"

He angrily spits out five words! The two undead suddenly feel a lot less free!

"Right, let's get the hell out of here. Got no time for this stu-"

He is interrupted by ghostly screeching from the distance! A horrid three-legged specter is heading right for him, though whether it's because of some perceived slight, desire to preserve the natural order of things or sheer bloody-mindedness and boredom, not even the ghost could probably say! The ghost would, however, be able to say that haunting a carnival forever is much more dull than you'd think!

"Perfect, I needed another minion!"

He shouts the five words again! The ghost slows down for a second, but keeps approaching!

"You, stop!"

The spirit stops!

"Everybody, come with me! I believe I might have a use for your worthless hides!"

They do!

The necromancer waves his hands! There is the sound of exactly seven rocks crashing against each other at a high speed, and they are all gone!

After a brief moment of blackness, they find themselves in the middle of a dark hall in a tomb! There appears to be a bonfire burning in the middle of it!

The necromancer picks up a book and seems to be leafing through it!

"Right, now where did I put it..."

End of Chapter 2!

New abilities for the surviving four!

James: Snail Survival, Animal Empathy, Beaversnailgoating.
Vincent: Experienced Looter, Triple-Wielding, Arm Jump.
Samucane: Competent Cane Pilot, Cane Cabaret, Magical Cane Fighting.
Alaric: Liar Extraordinaire, Improved Ghostly Ventriloquism, Telekinetic Talent

You can also choose one of the abilities you didn't get at the end of the previous chapter instead!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - End of Chapter 2!
« Reply #1063 on: November 21, 2012, 02:46:42 pm »

"I never learn, do i? First bandits and now some necromancer! Why did you bring me here?"

Mike will inquire about Bernie's intentions and take a look around.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 02:55:18 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - End of Chapter 2!
« Reply #1064 on: November 21, 2012, 02:54:54 pm »

Uh, I don't really like any of those. I'd prefer some sort of magic boost...Can I get something like that? And what do you mean by "Abilities we didn't get at the end of the previous chapter"?

Sam will float off somewhere, and do a bit of exploring. Maybe Bernie has some cool loots!
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 719