Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542775 times)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 3: Stealing Better Minions!
« Reply #1200 on: November 25, 2012, 10:49:37 am »

((I think i'm going to wait for gamerlord. I don't think a small girl will be able to take on a whip fighter, nor will a legless skeleton. But togheter, mayby.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: November 25, 2012, 10:51:46 am »

Sam will surrender, and follow...Them. The golem and scout-canes will too, but make sure not to get too close.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1202 on: November 25, 2012, 10:59:05 am »

Try one of the ones about healing. Preferably relating to tounge-healing.
Also see if the spell I tried to cast that got me into this snail body is in there.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: November 25, 2012, 11:44:01 am »

Inside the Library...

James looks for a spell to heal his poor missing tongue! Oh, here's one - Regeneration! Time to cast it!

[Magic roll: 4-1]

Well, his tongue sort of heals. It's a bit bony and raspy now, but it works!

Down under...

Samucane opts to follow the crabs! Maybe the leader will like it!

[Magic roll: 1+1]

It can't move under its own power, however. Oh well. There's a golem to carry it around anyway!

The crabs lead the party of cane-beings into the large stone temple nearby! There they present them to a crowd of spectating stone crabs, of which one is substantially larger and angrier-looking!

[Ancient One reaction roll: 4]

~WHAT'S THIS? A BUNCH OF CANES? HOW ODD!~

~We found it wandering about. They seem to have arrived through the Crypt of Darkness.~

~WELL! THAT'S INCONSIDERATE OF THEM! WHAT SHOULD WE DO WITH THEM?~

~We thought you would know best, Ancient One.~

~SEND THEM ON THEIR WAY, THEN. LET THEM MAKE THEIR WAY THROUGH THE KINGDOM OF THE SLIMES.~

~Very well, then. You heard him, right? Kingdom of the Slimes. West. Go there. There's a big gate with a figure of a slime on it. Can't miss it.~

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1204 on: November 25, 2012, 11:51:25 am »

See how well I can speak with this tounge.
Look for the spell I cast earlier.

((you know, the one that accidentally turned me into a snail?))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: November 25, 2012, 11:57:58 am »

Mike will run away!

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: November 25, 2012, 12:05:34 pm »

Inside the Library...

James practices his speech with his new tongue! It works fine, but his mouth quickly gets sore from the raspy surface of the tongue rubbing against it! With that done, James quickly ascertains that he did, indeed, cast the Regeneration spell when he became a snail!

[Intelligence roll: ?+1]

He gets the feeling that casting it again might not be the very best idea, but when has he ever been right?

On the streets of Dielnin...

Mike doesn't feel very safe in the company of the whipping fellow. She'll just run away, thank you very much! The whip man seems to be too busy teaching Monty a lesson, anyway!

[Will roll: 1]

She can't seem to move a muscle! Oh dear.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: November 25, 2012, 12:15:46 pm »

Cast the regeneration spell!
((here's hoping I roll a 6 instead of a 1))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: November 25, 2012, 12:17:27 pm »

Mike will man up and get the fuck out of there!

((If you roll a six you'll probably become snailzilla. Tough that's not exactly a bad thing.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1209 on: November 25, 2012, 12:59:08 pm »

Inside the Library...

James tries to reverse his horrid transformation by casting the same spell once again! That'll help!

[Magic roll: 3-1]

Nothing happens! James has managed to avoid further ramifications at the moment! On the other hand, he's still a snail.

Near a rather deadly melee...

Mike decides to man up! Like, right now!

[Will roll: 5]

And she does! She mans up quite a bit! In fact, she becomes man enough to run away screaming like a little girl!

[Escape roll: 1]

In fact, she dedicates herself to running and screaming so much that she runs in completely the wrong direction, which is to say right at the fellow with the whip!

[Mike vs. Whip Man: 3-1 vs. 2+1]

She bumps into the guy! The guy shoves her away!

[Shoving roll: 5]

She gets shoved quite a distance! In fact, she gets shoved right through a window! She drops to the floor and scares the bejeezus out of a populous family of peasants!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: November 25, 2012, 01:03:53 pm »

Mike will start crying and tell that there is a very mean mean man out there that is trying to kill her and that she is very scared and that the man is very mean and then cry some more.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: November 25, 2012, 01:08:48 pm »

Try again! See what went wrong and rectify it!
((vampire intellegence don't fail me now))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1212 on: November 25, 2012, 01:52:07 pm »

Inside a home currently housing many occupants...

Mike decides to use her girliness to recruit aid in her crusade!

[Crying roll: 6+1]

She breaks down and cries like none have cried before! She cries such convincing, heartfelt tears that the entire family, even the burly blacksmith father, joins in as well! Together they have a crying session unlike any had before! At the end of it the entire family lies on the floor exhausted along with Mike! None of them are likely to move anytime soon!

Inside the Library...

James utilizes that undead think-pan of his and attempts to think of a good reason why he failed in this latest casting!

[Intelligence roll: ?+1]

Ah yes. Of course. He obviously didn't utilize enough of his own soul power!

[Magic roll: 6-1+2]

He begins twisting, turning and changing! His shell reforms itself, he regrows his missing heads and tails! In addition, he grows massive amounts of muscle! Soon enough the rapid growth stops, leaving James a five-headed, three-legged, one-shelled, seven-tailed ball of snail-flesh! He believes he could crush people with the sheer force of his bulk now!

James is now a Living Snail Muscle Boulder!

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: November 25, 2012, 01:58:16 pm »

((face palm))

Grabbing a bunch of useful looking books and stuffing them in his backpack , James will head outside, and head back to the zoology dept.
((is there any way to cure this? Ah, well, at least I can actually beat the living daylights out of someone now. And do I get my arms back?))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: November 25, 2012, 02:07:05 pm »

Sam will try and ask if there's anything that...The two, uh...Species here can trade to one another. A la, the canes and crabs. Do they have any grimoires, spells, trinkets, scrolls, amulets, gewgaws, fetishes, charms, rings or etc? Preferably rings. Rings can be placed on canes! Sam will offer up any information or knowledge, and the servitude of these very find scout canes...And possibly the golem!
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 719