Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542566 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 3: Stealing Better Minions!
« Reply #1770 on: December 15, 2012, 08:02:21 am »

In Bluetree...

Mike tries to drop the statues in a perfect rhythm!

[Telekinesis roll: 5]

She does so, making sure to take extra care to hurt Mr. Noone, the owner of the store with the lead glass piece! Noone is hit with several shards of glass as the people applaud!

[Noone endurance roll: 2]

He falls down bleeding and screaming!

[People reaction roll: 6]

The people applaud some more! It appears nobody liked Mr. Noone.

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: December 15, 2012, 08:09:50 am »

((Who said i ment Mr Noone? I ment Misses Noone >:c))
Mike will go over to him and see if he has any lead glass. Check if the crowds are okay if i take it. If they are, take it.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: December 15, 2012, 08:41:13 am »

In Bluetree...

Mike heads over to Mr. Noone and searches the screaming man's pockets! He doesn't seem to have any glass, but he does have a key to the lead glass display case hanging around his neck! Mike grabs it and runs to the display case, unlocking it and taking the piece of lead glass!

[Crowd reaction roll: 4]

The crowd doesn't really object to that latest bit of home invasion and begins to quietly disperse, having received their dose of bread and circuses for the day.

Mike stops to appreciate the piece of lead glass! It is a minor treasure, after all.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: December 15, 2012, 09:39:32 am »

Mike will find a sufficiently hidden door, and start the demon summoning ritual!
((Good-roll-streak, don't fail me now.))

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: December 15, 2012, 09:48:25 am »

In Bluetree...

Mike tries to prepare a door for some demon-summoning! She finds a relatively bare wall and begins drawing!

[Door preparation roll: 6+1]

She covers the wall in arcane symbols detailing magical connections of all kinds, providing a written author's commentary on every tiniest detail! Looks like this will work! Time to summon the Demon of Light!

[Ritual roll: 2+1]

She chants for a while, and the door begins to glow! In a few hours, the glow intensifies! However, she runs out of memorized text before it can fully open! Uh...

[Intelligence roll: ?]

She has no idea what to do, so she just opts to wait!

[Demon appearance roll: 1]

The portal immediately changes color from blinding white to strange purple! A hand appears from it and tries to grab Mike!

[Mike evasion roll: 3]

She struggles for a while, but the hand slowly drags her to the portal! It is about to pull her through!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: December 15, 2012, 10:02:38 am »

Mike will destroy the hand with the book!

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: December 15, 2012, 10:35:41 am »

Vincent will go explore for anymore signs of civilization with his new metal friend.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: December 15, 2012, 10:50:34 am »

In Bluetree...

Mike tries to whack the impudent hand with her book!

[Mike vs. Hand: 1 vs. 6]

The hand merely squeezes tighter as a response!

[Mike endurance roll: 1]

Mike feels something important crack and begin to bleed! Uh oh. She passes out as she is dragged through the portal!

[Mike waking up roll: 6]

She wakes up after a short while, hurting all over, and tries to stand up!

She finds that she seems to be slowly sinking into the ground! A horrible voice comes from the darkness!

"I SEE YOU'RE UP. GOOD. WOULDN'T WANT YOU TO MISS THE DROWNING THAT'S ABOUT TO HAPPEN. WHO ARE YOU, BY THE WAY, AND WHY DID YOU SUMMON ME?"

In a cave somewhere...

Vincent thinks about where should he go to look for civilization!

[Intelligence roll: ?]

Probably right in the deep darkness of the cave. Yep, that seems like the best place to start looking! Vincent and his buddy forge ahead in the hopes of finding friendly people!

[Exploration roll: 3]

They go into the darkness a bit and find that not being able to see impedes their progress quite a bit!

[? roll: ?]

He hears an odd clicking sound come from the darkness!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: December 15, 2012, 10:57:31 am »

"Oh great Demon of Light, i have summoned thou to regain my ghostly immortality, as you see, some demon hunters destroyed one of the holy artifacts I was bound too!"
Mike will try to convince the demon to NOT drown her!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: December 15, 2012, 11:24:08 am »

In a realm of drowning and darkness...

Mike tries to explain why she's here before she sinks beneath the ground!

"Oh, great Demon of Light, I have summoned thou to regain my ghostly immortality, as you see, some demon hunters destroyed one of the holy artifacts I was bound to!"

[Reaction roll: ?]

She hears an awful cackling sound come from everywhere at once!

"YOU WISH TO BE IMMORTAL? HOW AMUSING. HAVEN'T GRANTED A REQUEST LIKE THAT IN AN ETERNITY!"

There is a brief silence with an air of deliberation!

"VERY WELL, I, THE DEMON OF P-UH, LIGHT! YES, THE DEMON OF LIGHT SHALL GRANT YOUR REQUEST! ARE YOU PREPARED TO PLEDGE YOUR SOUL TO ME, THEN?"

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: December 15, 2012, 11:36:13 am »

"Sure, why not."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: December 15, 2012, 12:24:03 pm »

In the realm of darkness and drowning...

Mike pledges her soul to a demon with all the enthusiasm she can muster!

"Sure, why not."

There is a sound like lightning striking a bowl of soup as she says this!

"EXCELLENT! ENJOY YOUR IMMORTALITY! SEE YOU SOON!"

[Boon roll: 6]

"REMEMBER, SHOULD YOU BE UNABLE TO FIND A BODY TO POSSESS, YOU WILL RETURN TO ME! PERMANENTLY!"

Suddenly Mike finds herself in the store again! Her entire lower torso is horribly mangled, as are her legs! Well, she'll probably never walk again. How nice.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: December 15, 2012, 12:33:37 pm »

Mike will try to find crutches.
((Wait, so nothing changed, except that i lost my lower body?))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: December 15, 2012, 12:40:16 pm »

Back in Bluetree...

Mike looks for some crutches!

[Search roll: 4-1]

She drags herself this way, she drags herself that way, but no crutches are around! She does spot a chair she could sit on, though! It looks rather comfy!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 12:55:32 pm by Harry Baldman »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: December 15, 2012, 12:44:24 pm »

((Ah, i see. So now i'm back to where i was before i broke the jar. Good enough.))
Mike will resist the chair, and try to find some long weapons, like spears or halberds, to walk with!

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 719