Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542695 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 3: Stealing Better Minions!
« Reply #2205 on: January 02, 2013, 10:19:42 am »

One more death till I can get to the mad world you have made
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: January 02, 2013, 04:42:16 pm »

Study the symbols in the diary.
Country Name: Lindiria
Name: Sir Alexei Robret
Region: North
In Thirteen Colonies Game

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: January 02, 2013, 05:00:05 pm »

Next to a group of unreasonably aggressive-looking humans...

Vincent, not particularly bothered by all the armed and probably violent people, chooses to take his time studying the symbols in the journal.

[Intelligence roll: ?]

Well, they obviously mean something. It is entirely possible they are magical symbols of some kind. For instance, there appears to be a pentacle drawn on one of the pages, with a star, spear, tree, flower and hammer drawn at each end. It is entirely likely that these symbols are instruments of tribal magic of some kind.

However, Vincent will be buggered if he knows how to harness this magic.

[Tribesmen reaction roll: 1]

The tribesmen charge at Vincent and his metal companion!

[Tribesmen vs. Vincent: 1+2+1 vs. 4+3]
[Counterattack: Vincent vs. Tribesmen: 1+3 vs. 5+2]

The tribesmen run at Vincent, thrusting their spears at him! They seem quite confused when they end up stabbing at the empty air between Vincent's bones! Vincent, however, pays them no mind and just keeps reading.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: January 02, 2013, 08:38:34 pm »

Bah, they only have spears unless they use the shafts I'll be fine.
Knock them all on the head with my staff and continue studying the symbols.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: January 03, 2013, 02:35:37 am »

"Whooops. Dun' worries, I's getcha outta this, Tom."

Timothy didn't sound all that convincing, not even to himself, but nevertheless he was going to try.

>Telekinetically pick up what's left of Tom! At least his head.

>Then, cradling him in my intangible arms, fly at full speed towards the nearest settlement, preferably in the direction of Bob, but really wherever I can get to quickly! Then track down a skilled basket weaver-type-person and have them fix poor Tom.

((Heeeey, I'm totally going to complete the mission! Er, once I finish 'helping' everyone else in the land, that is...))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Innsmothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: January 03, 2013, 06:02:22 am »

Wait list, please.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Been reading this for the last two days, and may have three cracked ribs from laughing so hard.
Thank you so very much for creating it! =]
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 06:05:00 am by Innsmothe »
"That which does not kill me, can only make me stranger." -Dana, Creator of Ozzy & Millie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: January 03, 2013, 07:14:45 am »

In combat with a bunch of tribesmen...

Vincent sighs mentally and swings his staff with that third arm of his.

[Vincent vs. Tribesmen: 1+2 vs. 6+2]

He swings the staff at the tribesmen, but they have already retreated some distance away from him!

[Staff ability roll: 5]

That proves to not be much of a problem, as the torus on the staff quickly detaches and flies toward the people!

[Torus of Murder roll: 5]

It sails through the air and splits into three flying chakrams, each embedding itself in a tribesman, then flying back to Vincent's staff! Vincent briefly glances from his book with interest, then turns right back as the torus reforms at the staff's tip.

[Tribesman 1 endurance roll: 3]
[Tribesman 2 endurance roll: 6]
[Tribesman 3 endurance roll: 4]

Though three of the tribesmen were wounded, only one seems to slump slightly and take a break. Another seems to be taking it better. However, the third one just loses it and runs at Vincent in a berserk fury!

[Tribesman 2 vs. Vincent: 6+1 vs. 4+3]

Vincent looks upon him with the utmost disinterest and steps aside.

[Metal Guardian vs. Tribesman 2: 2+2 vs. 4-1]

The metal guardian gives the foolish tribesman a good, firm slap to the face! This seems to knock some of the craziness out of him, strangely enough.

[Tribesman 2 intelligence roll: ?]

He decides that perhaps picking a fight with a heavily-armed skeleton and a metal man was perhaps not the best idea and decides to run back to his comrades. Despite the gravity of the situation, some of his compatriots can't help but laugh at the turn of events just then.

[Tribesmen morale roll: 6]

The tribesmen then decide to charge at Vincent once again, since it worked so well the first time!

[Tribesmen vs. Vincent: 5+1+1 vs. 3+3]

They charge at Vincent and stab at him while Vincent does his very best to look totally nonchalant. One of them stabs him in the eyesocket, which is rather unpleasant. Not too bothersome, though.

[Vincent vs. Tribesmen: 2+2 vs. 6+1]

He swings the staff once again, letting the Torus of Murder fly!

[Torus of Murder roll: 1]

The close distance means it doesn't have time to split apart, so it merely hits one of the tribesmen in its blunt form. The tribesman grabs it and holds it with a fearful expression!

[Counterattack: Tribesmen vs. Vincent: 1+1 vs. 1+3]
[Tribesmen vs. Vincent: 5+1 vs. 6+3]

The two groups look at each other perplexedly for a moment, then resume battle. As the tribesmen advance once more, Vincent decides that he might have to kill them the old fashioned way.

[Counterattack: Vincent vs. Tribesmen: 4+2 vs. 5+1]

The bastards get out of the way before he can, though. Well, at least they retreated a bit.

[Metal Guardian vs. Tribesmen: 6+2 vs. 1+1]

The metal guardian decides it's had enough of this. It nonchalantly walks up to the group of tribesmen, who look at it suspiciously and try to step back. However, just as they are about to do this, the guardian breaks into a rapid sprint, getting to the group in a split second!

It then proceed to pick up a tribesman and pull him apart like a poorly-made ragdoll, punch another's head clean off his shoulders, headbutt the ribcage of one more into a bloody pulp, stabs a fifth in the heart with his own forcibly removed jawbone and rips off the head of a sixth. It then chucks the head at an escaping seventh, catching him in the back of the head. It then walks up to the unconscious tribesman, removes his arm with its steel hands and proceeds to slowly beat him to death with it.

Vincent might even have been shocked by this unusual violence on the part of his metal friend if he wasn't too busy studying his charcoal symbol-book at the time.

[Intelligence roll: ?]

He believes he might be able to cast magic from these symbols! All he needs is the blood of an innocent! But where to get some?

In the Lethal Woods...

Timothy unconvincingly promises the increasingly-mutilated remains of Tom a safe delivery to where he was supposed to go!

"Whooops. Dun' worries, I's getcha outta this, Tom."

He then attempts to pick up the remains with telekinesis!

[Telekinesis roll: 6]

He picks them up hard. Hard enough to make them fly through the air and off into the direction of the castle Bob lives in! Well, hopefully they flew past the moat. Otherwise he might be in trouble.

[Flight roll: 6]

Timothy chooses to follow the remains, and, not one to be outdone even by himself, flies at an incredible speed, screeching like the howling spirit he undoubtedly is!

[Spooky Howling roll: 4]

His screech echoes throughout the area, sending chills through the bones of farmers and animals alike! In less than ten minutes, he has reached the castle! He looks around for the remains of Tom!

[Tom's remains flight roll: 5]

They seem to have landed on the roof of Bob's house! Is that the luckiest shot of Timothy's life or what?

[Fred and Jim competence roll: 1]

Fred and Jim are nowhere to be seen, however. Could they really have screwed up going down a straight road?

Spoiler: GM Notes (click to show/hide)

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: January 03, 2013, 07:30:11 am »

((which means you have to go via James's corpse, and most probably that tiger as well...))
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: January 03, 2013, 07:32:55 am »

((which means you have to go via James's corpse, and most probably that tiger as well...))
((And if you miss that somehow, the only other location for the Telebox is the Yellowgen orchard.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: January 03, 2013, 07:40:09 am »

The problem with those two ideas is that, for one, you assume they're still there. Two, James' corpse is now eaten and very out of the way.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: January 03, 2013, 09:28:08 am »

Been reading this for the last two days, and may have three cracked ribs from laughing so hard.
Thank you so very much for creating it! =]
I have been reading this for a while and 'm unsure if any of my ribs are intact from all the insanity here
also have there been any deaths caused by the things you were ment to be doing instead of all the fluffing around and side quests
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: January 03, 2013, 09:32:29 am »

Well, in this game the main quest only provides a general framework to start your adventure from. Most of the time everyone just runs off and does their own thing (possibly due to rolling a 1).

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: January 03, 2013, 12:27:41 pm »

Well, in this game the main quest only provides a general framework to start your adventure from. Most of the time everyone just runs off and does their own thing (possibly due to rolling a 1).
Like me and Vincent. If the Jar wouldn't have opened, vastly diffent things would have happened.

For example, I would have been alot more boring and mundane.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:50:13 pm by miauw62 »

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Firelordsky

• Bay Watcher
  • Moogle!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: January 03, 2013, 09:11:48 pm »

Like me and Vincent. If the Jar wouldn't have opened, vastly diffent things would have happened.

For example, I would have been alot more boring and mundane.
If I hadn't gotten curious and touched a certain ax multiple times, I would actually know what world I'm in.
EDIT:Retrieve the Torus of Murder from the tribesman and see if the tribesmen had any artifacts or blood from an innocent.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 09:23:53 pm by Firelordsky »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:32 am »

If I hadn't gotten curious and touched a certain ax multiple times, I would actually know what world I'm in.
Retrieve the Torus of Murder from the tribesman and see if the tribesmen had any artifacts or blood from an innocent.
sigged
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 12:36:28 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 719