Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542707 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3390 on: March 05, 2013, 05:00:41 pm »

Inside a populated basement...

Mark flips off Erin for her gross incompetence!

"Say, that's not very nice! Don't worry, I'll fix ya!"

[Mark movement roll: 4+1-1]

Mark gets to the stairwell in good time and starts to ascend, getting about halfway up!

[Erin magic roll: 3-1]

Erin waves her hands, but nothing seems to happen!

"Hm. Maybe I should turn him into liquid later. Maybe... hey, wait, come back here! You come back here this instant! Bring him back, snake-thing!"

[Snake movement roll: 2+1]

The snake begins to give chase to Mark as he leaves the basement, reaching the stairs as he gets out!

In the streets of Emlocke...

Tom tries to light this board of his on fire!

[Fire making roll: 4]

How he does it, even he himself isn't sure! But lo and behold, there's fire on the board now! He hurls it into a house nearby.

[Fire control roll: 1]

And the house instantly bursts into glorious flames. Such joy, oh yes indeed! However, he must not let explosive flames distract him. He must search for weapons! Yes!

[Will roll: 1+1]

Now if only he could decide where to go! So many choices! Uncountable numbers, even!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3391 on: March 05, 2013, 05:28:35 pm »

((I really need to figure these bloody will rolls out. Every time I try to move, it seems. I would say it's the body being foreign to my head, but that hasn't stopped anyone else and it would hinder more than just movement, every physical action would be suffering then. All I can think of is vampirism. Was the taxidermist a vampire? Perhaps acquiring his body got me into this as the disease might be lingering. Eh, no way to tell yet as the sun won't be burning me. Damn.))

Try to move and search for weapons again.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: March 05, 2013, 05:59:05 pm »

Mark runs to the temple of bones and fixes himself up; he didn’t want mages trying again 
Also hasn’t the snake accepted me as its master, you said so last turn.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Dirg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: March 05, 2013, 11:15:35 pm »

(Onyx, didn't you get your torso and a limb or two from a vampire you beheaded? That might be why.)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: March 05, 2013, 11:48:37 pm »

He had the checks before that I think But he may be affected by a terrible sense of direction or a poison of some kind
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: March 06, 2013, 07:33:15 am »

Tom tries to get over his indecision and go somewhere once again!

[Will roll: 4+1]

Once again, picking a direction seemed to help immensely! Yay! Time to find some armaments!

[Search roll: 4]

Ooh, there seems to be a whole lot of farming equipment lying around in front of one particular store. There are several pitchforks, two scythes, several more sickles, a whole lot of rakes and shovels, even a flail! Not bad, considering his earlier luck at this sort of thing.

Outside a basement...

Mark tries to escape as quickly as possible to escape the area, as he is rather partial to his body and not entirely willing to be turned into liquid!

[Mark escape roll: 2]
[Snake pursuit roll: 4+1]

The snake, however, eager to pay him back for the previous humiliation he has visited upon it, quickly slithers after him, nearly reaching him! It seems to be only a few steps behind him!

[Mark escape roll: 4]
[Snake pursuit roll: 3+1]

The chase becomes tense as Mark is unable to gain any distance from the snake, stuck on two arms as he is, but the snake is equally unable to catch Mark in turn, as the skeleton seems to have quickened its pace, the fear of magical shenanigans driving him to great physical accomplishments!

[Mark escape roll: 4]
[Snake pursuit roll: 3+1]

The chase goes on through the streets, the temple drawing ever closer!

[Mark escape roll: 2]
[Snake pursuit roll: 4+1]

The snake suddenly coils up, launching itself forward and wrapping around Mark's body!

[Grapple: Snake vs. Mark: 5+1 vs. 1+1]

It somehow manages to wrap around Mark several times, snapping and crushing his arms with its metallic body! It grabs the skeletal limbs in its mouth, wraps its tail around Mark's neck, then proceeds to begin dragging him back to the house!

[Snake movement roll: 3+1-1]

Its progress is quite slow, having to drag Mark like it does. Mark gets time to consider his situation and the horrid circumstances that have led to it!

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3396 on: March 06, 2013, 07:49:38 am »

If my arms are broken pray to the gods to help me by fixing my arms or killing the snake
If my arms aren't broken get out of the hold and get a hold of the snake he will be my next experiment

If I pass another player I will try to get them to help me
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 07:57:27 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: March 06, 2013, 10:45:28 am »

Grab the flail, and a sickle. Walk off into the sunset and open country.

((I can see that. I actually thought the person I beheaded was just a random zombie.  but him being a vampire does make sense. I wonder if I should start tearing my body off and replacing it? Nah, not worth it. Just avoid intersections))
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: March 06, 2013, 11:01:48 am »

Mark, realizing that, since the damn snake snapped his arms like twigs, the only help he's likely to get is of the divine sort! He prays for salvation!

[Prayer roll: 3]

Not a whole lot seems to happen! The gods don't seem to be too inclined to help him right now. They're probably curious where this'll lead him.

[Snake movement roll: 2]

The snake, strangely enough, seems to be moving slower than before. It'll probably take a while before it takes him back to the basement. How best to spend the time, Mark wonders?

Elsewhere in Emlocke...

Tom picks up a flail and a sickle, then heads out for open country!

[Will roll: 6+1]

He runs past intersections, chanting his "don't get confused" song as he does so. Ignoring any other things in town, he gets out soon enough without a whole lot of problems. Now there's only open country ahead! And the road. That's around as well. Though admittedly those are less of a problem.

Anyway, there's a lot of trees here. And rocks. A lot of those as well. And grass. Can't forget grass. All in all, a most riveting place, this "open country".

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: March 06, 2013, 05:35:51 pm »

"Time to do the smart thing: ask myself, what would Belkar do?"

Veer off the path looking for something to repeatedly stab.
Greater Collection

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: March 06, 2013, 06:11:57 pm »

wait to pass Gamerlord and have her help me get out of this mess
My Sig

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: March 06, 2013, 09:15:32 pm »

Relock the door, if it is indeed unlocked, and use telekinesis to move the wardrobe.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: March 07, 2013, 08:19:58 am »

In the magnificent open country...

Tom, after pondering how best to emulate a sexy shoeless god of war and apply his wisdom to this situation, chooses to veer off the path most severely. Hopefully there will be things to stab for fun and profit on the way.

[Search roll: 6]

Hey, look, there's the fork man again. He seems to be messing about in a clearing. How about that!

"The fork is the truth.
The fork is law.
The fork is life.
The fork is death.
The fork is mystery.
The fork is everything."

And he's chanting, too. How nice! Although looking at him makes Tom feel a bit uneasy.

Mark, seeing how he is in quite a bit of a pickle, waits until he gets dragged back to the house. It takes quite a while, actually. However, they do eventually get back there, at which point Mark tries to signal Yorinnsud for help!

[Yorinnsud helpfulness roll: 3]

She takes a careful look at the snake and pokes at it. The snake hisses back. Yorinnsud decides that maybe she shouldn't poke the snake. And considering how metallic it is, she probably doesn't have a whole lot of things in her arsenal that would help her against a metal being. What to do, what to do?

[Snake movement roll: 5]

The snake, meanwhile, quickens its pace and noisily drags Mark downstairs. It seems like the mages have gotten quite impatient already, as Erin immediately starts waving her arms around!

"Right then! Transformation go!"

[Erin magic roll: 4]

Some of the floor seems to turn liquid, reshaping itself into a pair of nice stone legs for Mark!

"Hm, not bad. Could be better, I think! How'd you like to be made entirely of stone, minion? Or would you prefer metal? Knock on your head once for stone, twice for metal."

In a well-secured house...

Darren flies back to the door. He does not, however, require to relock it, since the owner seems to have that handled. So he just tries to move the wardrobe.

[Telekinesis roll: 5]

He effortlessly lifts it and carries it to the door, where he proceeds to block the newly locked door with it. The owner gets out of the way and heads back to the basement.

"Make sure to put it back after you're done, okay?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: March 07, 2013, 08:48:19 am »

Mark having no idea how to get out of this knocks on his head twice
My Sig

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: March 07, 2013, 09:03:51 am »

Inside a magical basement...

Mark, not in the mood for resistance, knocks on his own head twice. What's the worst that could happen, after all?

"Metal it is, then!"

Erin takes a deep breath, then makes several new gestures!

[Erin magic roll: 2]

Things fail to happen in any way.

"Bugger. What went wrong?"

[Erin intelligence roll: ?]

She considers the conundrum for a while, eventually coming to a solution.

"Oh, oh, I know!"

[Erin magic roll: 2+1]

Mark feels his body tingle for a bit, but nothing else!

[Erin intelligence roll: ?]

"Stop being so stubborn, damn you! Work already!"

She starts to furiously wave her arms around without any regard for the safety of the general public!

[Erin magic roll: 5-1]

Strangely enough, this works! Mark feels his stone legs slowly become metallic, the unnecessary chemical components of stone seeping back down onto the floor! His legs are now metal, as is his spine and ribcage! His arms also seem to have turned into metal and reshaped themselves on his body! His skull, however, is still made of bone. That's a bit weird.

"That's... okay, I think. But it could be better! Bring me something you want to be like, and I will try to fuse it to ya. No guarantees, but it might be quite amazing."
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 719