Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 540909 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3660 on: March 23, 2013, 09:22:26 am »

In Emlocke...

Mark runs along back to the Artiste to report of any recent happenings that have... happened. Yeah. He gets back to the house.

Well, at least he thinks it's the same house. Hard to tell, what with it now being some kind of spacewarped ivory-colored tower that menaces the surrounding area with the sheer improbability of its construction and location. The address is the correct one, at least. But there's no entrance in immediate sight. How is Mark supposed to get in?

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3661 on: March 23, 2013, 09:31:38 am »

knock on the tower and write up a note telling of the events that have happened
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3662 on: March 23, 2013, 09:38:28 am »

"Hullo, there. Are you sentient?"

Approach the bear. If it can't talk, kill it.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3663 on: March 23, 2013, 09:40:45 am »

Approach the bear. If it can't talk, kill it.
The only way we do adventurers do things:talk at them then kill them
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3664 on: March 23, 2013, 10:53:10 am »

Outside an odd tower...

Mark walks up to the tower and knocks politely.

[Response roll: 2]

Nobody seems particularly eager to respond to him. Probably because he's so low to the ground, while the Artiste is probably at the top. That is, unless he is a non-traditionalist. In that case, perhaps the top of the tower is simply trapped. Well, better write up a note, then.

[Writing roll: 3]

Found one minion. Dead. Don't know where the rest are.

Simple, but effective, he thinks.

Over a pit of death and darkness...

Tom walks up to the bear and asks a perfectly reasonable question.

The bear turns to him, black fluid seeping from its jet black eyes and open mouth, strange black tendrils reaching toward Tom from its stomach. It replies immediately in quite a pleasant voice.

"Why, yes. Yes, I am. Did you have a question? Or is it something else you wanted? Don't be shy, I'm all ears."

Some of the tendrils reshape themselves into open horns to accentuate the bear's point.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #3665 on: March 23, 2013, 11:16:34 am »

[That bear seems like a nice fellow. Good to find such kind people now a days.]

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3666 on: March 23, 2013, 11:54:23 am »

((I think I'm proud to say that I have been faithfully watching this game since my character died! And to think, Jordan was the second last of the original characters to finally die. He was only outlived by the glory that is Samuel/Samucane/Samuskull.
((SHould you not sign up again, chap? I would think we could use another Jordan.))
+1
Oh, why not?

Name: Alec and Alice McMasterson
Archetype: Zombie?
Biography: Alec and Alice were a pair of delightful young twins, born to a lovely pair of parents, Adrian and Beth McMasterson. They lived in a glorious Victorian-Era mansion, as one of those picturesque families you see in Coffee-Table books. However, they weren't as cute and innocent as they might have seemed. They were constantly pulling pranks around the house. The parents thought it was cute, and let them keep doing it. That is, until they managed to kill the dog. The parents, being the naïve pair that they were, considered it an unfortunate accident. They got another one, and went on with their business. However, at this point, the twins had turned their sights on their own parents. They felt...constricted. They wanted freedom from curfews, and vegetables, and grounding. So they decided to do something about it. It started out with a few unsuccessful attempts, such as kicking a chair out from under their father while he was changing a lightbulb, and littering the stairs with toys while their mother was collecting the fine china from her room. They finally found their method of madness in the basement while getting food for their dog. A box of Rat Poison. Alice went out to distract the dog and make it bark, so Alec could pour the poison into the nightly Soup while their mother was busy attending to the dog. They felt the plan was foolproof. But they forgot one tiny detail...
They had to eat dinner too.
You know what they say, 'The family that Dines together, DIES together.'

The parents were buried by the local undertaker next to the house, in separate graves. The children were buried at the cemetery, by the parents' will.

((This good enough? 1 Billion Interweb points if you get the reference.))
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:32:01 pm by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3667 on: March 23, 2013, 12:00:13 pm »

((I think I'm proud to say that I have been faithfully watching this game since my character died! And to think, Jordan was the second last of the original characters to finally die. He was only outlived by the glory that is Samuel/Samucane/Samuskull.
((SHould you not sign up again, chap? I would think we could use another Jordan.))
+1
Oh, why not?

Archetype: (Hm...I'm not sure if I should go Zombie or Ghost. Can any of you chaps help me out on this one? Or maybe I could work with Harry to create a fitting archetype...)
Biography: Alec and Alice were a pair of delightful young twins, born to a lovely pair of parents, Adrian and Beth McMasterson. They lived in a glorious Victorian-Era mansion, as one of those picturesque families you see in Coffee-Table books. However, they weren't as cute and innocent as they might have seemed. They were constantly pulling pranks around the house. The parents thought it was cute, and let them keep doing it. That is, until they managed to kill the dog. The parents, being the naïve pair that they were, considered it an unfortunate accident. They got another one, and went on with their business. However, at this point, the twins had turned their sights on their own parents. They felt...constricted. They wanted freedom from curfews, and vegetables, and grounding. So they decided to do something about it. It started out with a few unsuccessful attempts, such as kicking a chair out from under their father while he was changing a lightbulb, and littering the stairs with toys while their mother was collecting the fine china from her room. They finally found their method of madness in the basement while getting food for their dog. A box of Rat Poison. Alice went out to distract the dog and make it bark, so Alec could pour the poison into the nightly Soup while their mother was busy attending to the dog. They felt the plan was foolproof. But they forgot one tiny detail...

The parents were buried by the local undertaker next to the house, in separate graves. The children were buried at the cemetery, by the parents' will.

Yay now I just need to survive to the next guys get made but are you playing as both of the twins joined together or what because unless you had me operate on them the zombies would be separate
whack the side of the tower with the shovel also add to the note "got eaten as well"
My Sig

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3668 on: March 23, 2013, 12:04:14 pm »

((I'd say to go with zombie, as we have little zombies.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3669 on: March 23, 2013, 12:07:14 pm »

(That can have lots of little killer objects inplanted in them..... dont look at me like that I need more !!!!MEDICNE!!!!)
My Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3670 on: March 23, 2013, 12:30:14 pm »

+1
Oh, why not?

Archetype: (Hm...I'm not sure if I should go Zombie or Ghost. Can any of you chaps help me out on this one? Or maybe I could work with Harry to create a fitting archetype...)

Yay now I just need to survive to the next guys get made but are you playing as both of the twins joined together or what because unless you had me operate on them the zombies would be separate
whack the side of the tower with the shovel also add to the note "got eaten as well"
((I would be playing as them together. They'd be separate people, mind you, but, being twins, they know each other well enough to act as a unit.))

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3671 on: March 23, 2013, 12:53:13 pm »

((I don't think that would be allowed.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3672 on: March 23, 2013, 12:55:35 pm »

((I'd control them as one character. I wouldn't make them go off and do separate things in separate towns.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3673 on: March 23, 2013, 01:16:49 pm »

Outside a tall ivory tower of probable doom...

Mark, not one to take a cold shoulder lying down, begins to whack the side of the tower with his shovel!

[Tower damage roll: 5]

It is not even scratched by the shovel. Whatever the tower's made of, it's hard. Really hard.

[Response roll: 1]
[Mark dodge roll: 4+1]

Mark narrowly dodges a sign falling down from up top! It appears to be made of metal and possesses sharpened edges! As it falls down, it embeds itself in the ground. The lettering on it is a bit hard to read, but the intent is clear - "NO SOLICITORS".

Hm, that's a bit weird. How is he supposed to... wait. Mark has forgotten something! Something crucial!

He takes out his explanation note and adds the essential missing detail.

PS: got eaten as well.

Perfect! Now, where was he?

Spoiler: GM Note (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 01:20:05 pm by Harry Baldman »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3674 on: March 23, 2013, 02:15:48 pm »

whack It once more keeping an eye out for falling objects
My Sig

Pages: 1 ... 243 244 [245] 246 247 ... 719