Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 719

Author Topic: Life Begins At Death - Epilogue: We Live And Live Again  (Read 542712 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: Life Begins At Death - Chapter 4: In With The Right Crowd
« Reply #3735 on: March 28, 2013, 08:28:58 am »

Write "thanks man thats really kind of you" give to him
then take my followers outside and gather bodys and other useful stuff
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 08:30:31 am by killerhellhound »
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3736 on: March 28, 2013, 09:07:08 am »

((Wait, what happened exactly?))

Derive whether or not the tower I am in is flammable.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: March 28, 2013, 09:23:32 am »

Inside the tower of the Artiste...

Mark writes a kind thank-you note to the Artiste, who beams joyfully at him upon receiving it. Mark then gathers his followers, dives through the wall and heads out to look for bodies! And other stuff, he supposes.

[Search roll: 6]

He goes back to the square and finds that the bodies there are not in nearly as bad of a shape as it may seem! Some of them still have stuff on them, even!

[Loot roll: 1]

And the only loot they have are metal-eating snakes that are about five feet in length each! Nine of them, in fact! Oh no!

In the streets of Emlocke...

Tom, still sitting around and moping about the lack of victims, suddenly gets the idea that he might actually be in a tower! With people and stuff to burn and loot!

Sadly, he is not. He isn't sure where he got the idea, actually. He is still in a woefully unburnt part of town, the light of the sun making him dreadfully uncomfortable. He is also completely and utterly alone, a fact that causes no end of boredom on his part.

Seriously, it would be real cool if there was, like, a tower around that's full of people he could burn. Totally.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: March 28, 2013, 09:53:28 am »

Continue pyromaniacal tendencies.
Assure spell-check that pyromaniacal is, in fact, a word.
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: March 28, 2013, 10:14:09 am »

Tom, reaching philosophical clarity in thought once more, resumes his pyromaniacal and orthographically correct ways once again!

[Pyromaniac destruction roll: 4]

He sets fire to yet another house. It still doesn't feel very fun, you know.

[Fire control roll: 2]

At least this fire seems to be slowly spreading, though.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: March 28, 2013, 02:36:33 pm »

Walk to the other side of Emlocke and start a fire there.

"Get a job, they said... Do something productive, they said... Oh God it burns, they said..."
Greater Collection

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: March 28, 2013, 02:46:55 pm »

Tom, finding this side of Emlocke to be unrewarding in terms of flammability and screaming, tries to go to the other side.

[Will roll: 1+1]

But he cannot, regrettably, as there are crossroads in the way. And he just doesn't feel like getting lost at this particular moment.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: March 28, 2013, 03:23:43 pm »

Watch the fires burn
Greater Collection

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: March 28, 2013, 04:24:58 pm »

Tom decides he doesn't want to go anywhere at all. Instead, he'll sit down and watch the fire with a childlike happiness only arson can bring to a dead man's soul.

[Fire control roll: 3]

The fire spreads, though at a slower rate than before. About four blocks are on fire right now.

Five blocks now. Could be worse, he supposes.

Six blocks. Well, Tom guesses that slow and steady wins the race.

[Fire control roll: 1]

Oh dear. Whatever was in that house... isn't anymore. It seems to have been highly explosive, too. Such a shame. Well, at least there are nine whole blocks on fire right now! Some of them have partly exploded, too. And good times were had by all.

[Fire control roll: 4]

The fire seems to have reached a bit of an obstacle - it is now surrounded by wide roads from all sides. None of that silly tiny little alley nonsense anymore, no sir. Well, Tom has faith in the fire's skills! It can do it!

[Fire control roll: 5+1]

And yet it doesn't. How disappointing. How terrible! How absolutely awful. Verily.

Percentage of Emlocke burnt down - around 28%.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: March 28, 2013, 08:55:59 pm »

Continue my glorious conquest of all things wooden or highly reactive.

"Heh. There was a person in that house. Hey! Hey you! Want some ice for that burn? HAH!"

((Auto-pilot until fifty percent destruction. Then looting fun times.))
Greater Collection

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: March 28, 2013, 09:11:34 pm »

Continue my glorious conquest of all things wooden or highly reactive.

"Heh. There was a person in that house. Hey! Hey you! Want some ice for that burn? HAH!"

((Auto-pilot until fifty percent destruction. Then looting fun times.))
((Why Fifty? GO FOR FULL-BLOWN DESTRUCTION.))
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: March 29, 2013, 04:13:53 am »

Tom continues his unstoppable (well, at least nobody's likely to stop him) rampage through Emlocke at a leisurely walk.

[Pyromaniac destruction roll: 5]

He sets fire to multiple homes, watching several blocks go up in delightfully crackling flames. Will that ever get old, he wonders?

The fire, though spreading, is unfortunately rather lazy today. It hardly seems like it wants to destroy everything, and that is what we in the business call a bad thing. It probably needs encouragement.

And another block is on fire. If this is routine, he'd sure love to have more of it in his unlife.

[Fire control roll: 5]

The problem is, however, the houses in this particular neighborhood are a bit too far apart to pose a serious fire hazard. Damn it.

Guess he'll just have to keep truckin', then.

There we go. Was that so difficult?

[Pyromaniac destruction roll: 3]

Hm. There's a problem. Wood buildings are only widespread in the poorer quarters of the town. The rest seem to be made with high-quality stone or out of bricks. Those will be much, much harder to burn down, Tom thinks. In fact, it might hardly be possible at all.

Though the poorer quarters do seem to be burning nicely. Silly beggars, when will they learn to make non-combustible houses?

A particularly fetid fleapit goes up in a vast and roaring fire that consumes all that lies nearby. These little surprises always brighten one's day.

Yep, the poorer quarters will be done pretty soon. Tom is pleased to do his part for the noble cause of raising property values. And who knows, maybe they can even use the remains as fertilizer. Slash and burn agriculture taken to a new level. And they said he was good for nothing!

Tom proudly looks on as more of Emlocke is utterly devastated by the holy flames of unprovoked arson. Serves it right, says he. Why did it have to stand there if it didn't want to get burnt down, hm?

[Fire control roll: 4]

However, the fire soon runs out of good fuel after ravaging the transition zones between the poor and middle class, and stops completely once it runs out of highly flammable squalor to remove. As it dies down, Tom gives it a good round of applause for its impressive run. Seriously, fire, you've earned it.

Percentage of Emlocke burnt down: 46 percent, and it'll probably require far more effort to burn down the rest. Man, urban development is hard work.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: March 29, 2013, 08:16:48 am »

Loot the wreckage for anything that might be considered accelerant, explosive, or generally incendiary. Check cellars, basements, and other underground areas less likely to have been burned to an adorable crisp.

"Jolly good show, that. Time for a -snicker- radiant finale"
Greater Collection

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: March 29, 2013, 08:26:34 am »

Tom attempts to loot the wreckage of the poor quarters for some fun stuff to utilize as an explosive!

[Search roll: 5]

He is about to search a cellar that stinks of burnt cabbage, but realizes that all that it is likely to have in it is burnt cabbage. And burnt cabbage is something he is not eager to wade through, possible explosives on the other side be damned.

The problem here is that all the cellars smell of burnt cabbage. Must be a popular food among the poor. And it is, to put it mildly, highly unlikely that there is any accelerant in the basements of the area, considering that even if there was, it probably contributed a great deal to the burning of cabbage down there. Lousy flammable basements. If only there was-

Hey, what's this? The crystals he's carrying seem to be glowing.

[Intelligence roll: ?]

Wonder why they'd do that.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: March 29, 2013, 10:12:40 am »

((Fire crystals? I like where this is going.))

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 [250] 251 252 ... 719